World Cup

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Cristina, Jun 14, 2014.

1. Cristina

Cristina Handmade with love, actually

Any soccer fans here?? :yahoo I am, and have been really enjoying it so far! I never get to watch matches anymore and it feels good to get this full immersion in the game again!

2. domad

domad < insert apple icon here >

I admit it - I watch almost every World Cup game! Especially when Germany plays this is a MUST here and we will see it via Public Viewing or we organize a BBQ Football Party

3. VickyD

VickyD Coffee - I need an IV for that!!

World Cup Fever in this house LOL

Hubby & Ty both LOVE football

4. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Malta is football mad, can't go into even the smallest café without being bombarded with noisy football games ,It will be that way until the world cup is over .....Help.......

5. AmberR

AmberR Take that naysayers! Pink is my color.

um...in Germany. have to be watching. My kids want me to wake them at midnight so they can watch italy vs. england and we are seriously ducking out of teeball practice early when America plays Germany!!!

6. karen perry

karen perry LOCK THE DOOR!

Were at friends watching it its after 11pm im knackered im not a fan really but the rest are

Come on england!!

7. mlewis

mlewis mlewis

I don't know if I'm actually a soccer fan, but I'm a sports fan so we've got it on and are watching sporadically. :)

8. bderby

bderby No, I will not tell you what "merde" means!

ha, this is how I feel.

My boys play soccer and so they should be watching! We will be watching off and on. I am a France fan since we lived there for a few years and back in 1998, I was in France when they won the World Cup and it was all kinds of crazy awesome. I also decided then that the USA doesn't really have a comparable thing to compare to the World Cup mania that is present in most other countries!!

9. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

ME!! I even still play at my age. LOL

10. KarenW

KarenW Send in the Clowns

Love it, it's on the early hours here until mid morning, not so bad. Australia is the lowest ranking team in the comp and we get the two cup finalists from the last world cup in our pool - sigh. We have already lost to Chili although our boys did so well, next up Spain and then the Netherlands, so probably a short campaign for us.

Not sure who I will support from then, probably Brazil and the Netherlands.

11. KarenB

KarenB I like dogs. And maybe three people.

I do find myself being sucked into the World Cup. Had friends over for dinner and to watch England v Italy last night. Stayed up till 1.00!!! Only to see England lose lol.

12. valeriapiemonte

valeriapiemonte valeriapiemonte

Well, HUGE soccer fans over here!! We're watching every single game hehehe. My father used to be goalkeeper when he was young and he played for a few very good teams of his time. Hubby loves soccer too although he does not play. We're gathering together to watch all Brazil's matches. Next Tuesday will be at my parent's place. I wish I could have bought tickets to see the matches live tho but they were too expensive and I live more than 250 miles away the nearest host city which is Sao Paulo. So that would mean expensive tickets for a family of 4 plus trip to Sao Paulo and hotel. But we are having fun anyways and that what matters I think :)
    Here are a couple of pics from the first match.

my boys
    [​IMG]

and hubby's co workers :) we watched the opening and first match at his work last Thursday :)[​IMG]

13. Cristina

Cristina Handmade with love, actually

Yay! Haha I was thinking of you Valeria when I started this post! :)
    We'll see if I can see some matches with my family (but the time is quite late!), so far I've been watching them alone because DH doesn't care at all, but my dad is a huge fan too!

14. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

i'll watch it if it's on. i remember fondly the mania that was the World Cup the summer I was in Spain. And one of the students who lived in the house with us was French. I thought maybe a war was going to break out the night Spain played France :giggle
    If I do watch, I cheer for USA and Spain. It's fun, but I'm rather non-committal about it all.

15. rmcabana

rmcabana Hit me with your best shot

I don't really watch, but it gets bigger and bigger here in Jersey every time it comes around. We have so many people from Europe and Latin-America here. I was sitting out in the yard on Saturday and could here about three different parties going for World Cup.

16. renee82

renee82 renee82

We are more of a Stanley Cup kind but my boys are waaaay more interested this time around. Their first love is hockey but they also love playing soccer. This year's soccer league named the teams after the different countries instead of using colors. My oldest is Team England and my youngest is Team USA. So my oldest is naturally rooting for England. ;)

17. milo82

milo82 milo82

Def soccer fans here...and even more after the first game we (the netherlands) played!! Everyone here wasn't too sure, but with the awsome game they played, we're all very excited!!!

Love the photos Valeria!!

And Karen, thanks for the support, will think of you when we play against Australia :D

18. AmberR

AmberR Take that naysayers! Pink is my color.

just finished germany vs. portugal. my kids were soooo excited, and then my son fell asleep right after halftime. then again, the second half was pretty boring. all the exciting stuff happened in the first. I am staying up tonight to watch America vs. Ghana, it'll be on at midnight here!

19. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Dh and my youngest have been watching and I try to find the time to join them!

20. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

I keep thinking of the "angry bees" sound from the South African World Cup ... these are much quieter games!