Working on two pages....

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by renee82, Jan 5, 2014.

1. renee82

renee82 renee82

How do you work on your 2 pager PL page? I like to see the big picture, so do you make a 12x12 canvas and drag your templates into it so that you can see it all at once? Do you do something else?

2. mlewis

mlewis mlewis

I just keep both pages open and next to each other in my project bin. After I've completed and saved them, I do usually put them into one document just for sharing purposes.

3. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

exactly this. i have 2 12x12 pages open side-by-side, then combine them in a 2-page spread for sharing purposes.

4. RebeccaH

i have, though, in the past created a 12x24 project, and created the whole spread as 1 file. Then I will flatten & crop each side to 12x12. that has worked pretty well, too.

5. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I have to have a 20x12 (print 10x10s), I pull a line over to the middle so I don't lose things in the "crack" of the book..bhahah, but I need to see the whole picture. Then I crop and save each side for printing.

6. rmcabana

rmcabana Hit me with your best shot

I usually use a two-page template so I work on them as one document. I do the line down the middle as well so I can things will break in my printed albums.

7. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I have them both open at the same time (although I don't care if they match/color-coordinate) when I scrap. That is usually at 16% or 17% in Photoshop, and then I zoom in to print size a few times to make sure things are not too big or wonky.

That whole 24x12 canvas thing makes way too much sense for me to do it regularly. :giggle

8. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I do the two 12x12s side by side thing. I haven't ever put them together as a 24x12. I like having them side by side though. I will regularly layer the same objects on both page and hide and unhide them to see where I like things best.

9. RebeccaH

oh,one more thing, when i do use the 12x24, i also overlay a 12x12 with very light opacity to mark the difference between the 2 sides of the page...i guess that's my version of the line down the middle.

10. talivstouwe

talivstouwe Am I really that rotten? I can't remember. I'm s

Yep, same here.

11. bderby

bderby No, I will not tell you what "merde" means!

I do this too. Except I don't normally save them into one document for sharing. I guess I am too lazy :)
    I also don't worry too much about things matching too much. I do like to fill in all my photos first and then will see how many spots for journaling cards I have and often will choose just one pack of journaling cards to use for that week, so they kind of flow a bit.

12. Mrivas

Mrivas I know how to spit like a man

Seems like I'm the only one who does one, then the other.

13. MissKim

MissKim ichthyophobic

I always do mine as a 24x12 and I try to create visual triangles and a flow across the two pages. I duplicate it twice and crop those into 12x12 and then save them all for sharing. To me, each side doesn't make as much sense without the other half.