Work | Pad Patter 4/12

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by littlekiwi, Apr 12, 2023.

1. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Ha! I change my answer to that too! With everything all good to go, see, do!

tjscraps likes this.
  2. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ... this is a big part of my job. Just yesterday my father/boss walked in and told me that he couldn't get his printer to turn on the day before after I left. I go over fiddle with it and turn it on.

What did you do, he asked. Um, tried the power button, checked the USB cord, then I unplugged the power cord from the printer and plugged it back in and the printer turned on. If that hadn't worked I would have crawled under the desk and unplugged the cord from the power strip ...

My favorite though is his mad clicking ... I call him "The Mad Clicker" ... the computer doesn't respond fast enough so he clicks here, there, and everywhere then has to wait until the computer either catches up or freezes. Thankfully computers run faster now than they did 30 years ago so this is no longer a multi-times daily issue. :)

3. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

As I play and take care of my 2-1/2 yr old grandson multiple days a week, I'm exhausted just reading about your day. I hope the school system recognizes your value and finds a way to keep you on.

michelepixels likes this.
  4. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

I'll play -- even though I never got around to the after graduation response.

What do you do for work? -- I am retired, what I do now is take care of my 2 1/2 yr old grandson as often as possible. When I keep him for full days, it is exhausting but I absolutely love this time.

If not working now, what was your favourite job? My degree was in electrical engineering and I worked in the aerospace industry for 32 years. In my earlier days I did a lot of testing, reviewing system designs, looking at safety and certification requirements. There's a lot that goes into making sure the systems that control, navigate, and provide safety inputs to flying machines are safe. In the later part of my career, I managed teams of folks that did some of those same things I did, in addition to making sure sure the projects stayed on track. In terms of favorite part of that? I'll always love the time I was part of flight testing activities in the early days. And I loved the people aspect of my management time.

If you could choose a job to do, what would it be? I really don't know that I want to have any sort of structured employment again, love my flexibility. For now, I'm very happy to take Zumba classes and be the chief "nanny". Before my early retirement opportunity, I was interested in teaching yoga in my corporate environment, but now that I'm out of the corporate world, I know there is still a need, but not sure I'm interested in creating the business end of that.

5. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Thank you Lisa! I hear you on the job choices!

elseepe likes this.
  6. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

What do you do for work?
    I donate plasma.

If not working now, what was your favourite job?
    I loved lifeguarding when I was a teenager. The other jobs I've had include babysitter, paper deliverer, custodian, ropes course facilitator, front desk receptionist, and graduation advisor.

If you could choose a job to do, what would it be?
    I think it would be awesome to be a pro athlete and get paid to play sports.

7. Mrsdudds

Mrsdudds Well-Known Member

What do you do for work?
    I work as an administrator in Human Resources Department of a charity.

If you could choose a job to do, what would it be?
    OMG over the years I have wanted to work as a librarian, criminal photographer. When I was younger I wanted to be a pathologist, my mother thought I was odd lol. I also applied to study nursing but failed the entrance exam.