Wonderful yet funny thing happened Sunday...

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by AJK, Oct 12, 2021.

1. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Recently Hubster and I searched for a home church closer than the one we'd been attending (45 min. drive!) and landed on the one we are at now. The pastor asked for our help. We are volunteering our experience and it has been good. So it was a surprise Sunday to be called forward and onto the platform along with another ordained couple. The congregation gave each of us an envelope as part of Pastoral Appreciation. I guessed that there was a card, and a collection of notes to us in them, cos they were kinda "fat". :) What a nice thoughtful thing to do, especially unexpected and we are fairly new to the gathering.
    We waited til after service, in the car to open them. Hubster got a nice check, and mine had a little envelope. I thought "OH! wow!" Upon opening the gift card envelope, I didn't now whether to laugh :lol or cry:cry. I sighed and then I laughed. A $50 card from a Nail Spa!!! HA! I don't do manicures- my art life ruins them, and I've just never cared about them. So, what a beautiful gesture :heartlub, but they haven't had time to know me better. I immediately thought of a hundred things:idea2 I would do with that 50 dollars, and they had nothing to do with nails!!o_O
    Guess it is a GOOD thing my DIL loves:heartlub:heartlub spa type stuff!!! :giggle:giggle:giggle
    Merry Christmas Jessi!:goldstars:tree:agree

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
  2. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

What a nice gesture from your church and what a wonderful surprise! Sorry that you can't use your gift though. At least you can re-gift it!

AJK likes this.
  3. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

What a nice thing for them to do! If you don't want to re-gift, I'm sure the nail spa does pedicures as well. And if you're doing art with your toes, I want to see what you're creating! :giggle

bestcee likes this.
  4. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Yes, since we are in such a small town, I can at least use it for her. She will LOVE It. ha.

HeatherB likes this.
  5. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

That's so wonderful, Amanda! They have NO idea how much knowledge and faith that you two have to share with this congregation. :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

AJK likes this.
  6. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

That's so lovely :heartslub

AJK likes this.