Won the lottery.....

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by DisneyMom, May 22, 2019.

1. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

Wow! Lucky!!!

My husband bought me a used cameo (the original version, not a new fanciest version) for Christmas. I've been so intimidated by it. But i did pull it out this past month and really start to play woth it. Cutting planner stickers and a couple die cuts for gifts. I'm hoping to do more hybrid scrapping with it, except for the time factor.... i hardly have time to digi scrap these days, so idk how I'm going to hybrid scrap. But it's a dream, at least.

Anyway. I am so happy you got one and are in love and enjoying it. I need to come up with more easy projects to work on, myself. :beat

DisneyMom likes this.
  2. jaye

jaye My other car is a Zamboni!

congrats!!

how funny that I noticed this thread as I was just looking at comparisons between the two and am so confused as to which would be best for me. I have never used one so am trying to learn.

Do any experts want to give me some advice as to which way I should lean in terms of Cricut vs. Silhouette? Here's what I am looking to do: stickers, vinyl, hybrid scrapping, cards.

3. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I thought I answered this post, but I guess I didn't. My internet is wonky lately, so it probably timed out. Anyway, big congrats, @DisneyMom!! How awesome for you! I've never had any kind of cutting machine like that. I thought I wanted one a while back, but never could make a decision, so I never took the plunge. The only thing I do have and have used a LOT is a Cuttlebug - I love it for embossing.

DisneyMom likes this.
  4. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Congratulations! and we know you'll use it since you've already taught it! I don't have any of those cutters but have always wanted one but know I won't use it either. I thought of buying one for a friend who makes cards (professionally) but not sure she'd use it either. The little paper bits she adds to her cards are r.e.a.l.l.y small.

DisneyMom likes this.
  5. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Congrats!! That's so awesome! I love that your friend recognized she wouldn't use it so quick too.

6. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I haven't used a Cricut in a few years, so I can't really say. I sold mine when Cricut was forcing you to only use their designs because I wanted to use my own. I don't know if that's changed, but I bet Michelle could tell you! @DisneyMom
    I recommend downloading the software that comes with each and play with it. See how you like it, if it's easy for you to use and has the features you would want. I have two machines - a Sizzix eClips and a Silhouette. I like the Silhouette's print to cut feature a lot better than the eClips. The eClips cuts heavier things easier. I've been considering selling the eClips because I like the Silhouette better. I use the Silhouette for vinyl over the eClips out of habit, they both do fine at each.

With both my Silhouette and Sizzix eClips I can cut really small clean pieces.

DisneyMom likes this.
  7. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

I just have the small Silhouette portrait. I love it - not big or bulky and always available whenever I want to use it. I use it mostly for planner stickers and cutting embellishments for my TNs. Occasionally I'll cut things for craft projects/posters ... I have yet to try vinyl. Crazy I know. I even have a few rolls.

I think either the Circuit or Silhouette would be a good choice. You could probably get away with the small and cheap Silhouette Portrait for your uses. The Cameo and Cricut can do so much though - I do get tempted to upgrade - but for now I'm good! I think I got mine for about $99 during a sale.

8. DisneyMom

DisneyMom official mousketeer

I can't compare the 2 as I've only ever used a Cricut and only for a very short time.

@bestcee It was super easy to do as I simply created what I wanted in photoshop - laid it all out using the programs dimentions (so what I wanted was all on one file) saved as a PNG file, then opened up in the online web program. Printed and cut. You can print ANY file long as it's saved as a file format that the program recognizes. For what I'm using it for any PNG file works perfectly.

bestcee likes this.