WME Anyone? (Weekly Music Exchange)

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Serena, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Serena

Serena Squishy soul poet who loves Walter Hunt

It's no secret in this household that music soothes the Savage Beast. (That would be me when all four kids ((my three kids and my older 'brother' who never does his darned chores..)) have upset me and I've been yelling at them, or I'm silently fuming because I can't yell at my older brother..) So when I'm upset my kids (even the youngest boy) knows that if they put on a song they know I like and start jamming or being cute, it'll calm me down. When I'm REALLY angry, they just set the music on and stay quiet until I seem to be receptive, THEN they go crazy.

It also is part of my very life veins. Music is the answer for everything. Happy? Play music. Need energy? Play music. Need to stew in the sad mood and really saturate it so you can move on? Music, music, and MORE music.

This said with the current changes in my health, my music list has very specifically narrowed down to my favorite lists. I would get unsettled if anything else played, I needed specific songs to keep me balanced and in my comfort zone. The last week or so, I noticed a lift of that ban and randomly hit shuffle. It was refreshing and nice to hear some of my other music and now I've got the bug!

I LOVE discovering new music, I could inundate this post with hundreds of songs I want to share with you guys, but I'm limiting myself intensely so as not to overwhelm. LOL! So! Here's what I'm hoping.. I want to share at least one song with you all and then I'm hoping that you will all share a song on your current "favorite, could listen to it on repeat for three days!" list each week. (If you don't have a list with that title, feel free to make it now.. I'll wait.) :laundrynaughty (We good? Good!)

Okay, so, for my song of the week, it's a Korean song, however, please give it a shot and listen as it's so very pretty even if you don't understand a word! And please feel free to send ANY song, I don't have language or genre requirements. I have everything from Italian to India, a South African dialect and German! I also have every variety from classical to techno and a myriad of in betweens, so send your favorite, I WILL listen!

Here's my song, "Beautiful Tomorrow" by Park Hyo Shin.

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  2. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

Great idea! I listened to your song, it is very beautiful. What a voice! Loved it.

My taste is music is extremely eclectic. I am going to share a song by an artist I only discovered recently because he was recommended to me on Spotify. It's Yonderboi, a Hungarian composer and visual artist.

Milonga del Mar is one of my favourites by him. Unfortunately I couldn't find any live videos or even official music videos so the album cover has to do. Btw, he did that album at the age of 19 - amazing.

Serena likes this.
  3. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

I love music!!! Though I have a horrible habit of turning it on and then it gets tuned out LOL! I will listen to just about anything with a few exceptions (rap and death metal being at the top the list). I also love Christmas music and will listen to it all year round...hubby and middle little aren't amused, but the youngest likes it.

Nothing exiting or new, but still one of my favs.

Serena and Jan like this.
  4. Rikki

@bbymks5 Yes, Pachelbel's canon is wonderful.
    As it happens Pachelbel is buried not far from where I live, just a few corners away and we went to see his grave in fall last year. I only found that out then and I have been living here for ages. Shame on me.

Jan and bbymks5 like this.
  5. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

Oh WOW!!!! I bet that was an amazing feeling!!! Was it beautiful??

6. Rikki

The graves there are all very old and only with a slab of stone and a plaque (and maybe a couple of flowers someone left). It's a very old graveyard, created in the early 16th century, originally meant to bury plague victims.

I am attaching a picture that I took, so you can see for yourself. @bbymks5

[​IMG]

bbymks5 and Jan like this.
  7. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I should warn you that I like my media (music, movies, TV shows) like I like my snacks: as nutritionless and fattening as possible. :giggle I'm totally a top 40 & country gal and proud of it.

Here is my latest earworm:

bbymks5, londoncuppa and Serena like this.
  8. Jan

Jan I'm sorry, I can't. I'm busy doing nothing!

Where is this at, Rikki? Thanks for sharing it.

9. Rikki

@Jan The graveyard is right in the middle of Nuremberg, Germany.

Jan likes this.
  10. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

:heartlub :grouphug Pentatonix has just released a cover of Lennon's Imagine! :heartlub

littlekiwi and Serena like this.
  11. Jan

Jan I'm sorry, I can't. I'm busy doing nothing!

Thanks, Rikki. I love old graveyards. Some of them are soooooo beautiful and peaceful. There was a very old one right in the middle of my sister's neighborhood in Indiana. All fenced off with a little lake type thing along it. We had to climb thru the fence. :) And all the modern new homes built around it. It was like stepping into a whole different world when we went inside of it. It had a lot of grasses and flowers growing kind of wild like and lots of old, old trees shading it. So beautiful. And just sitting there like a little lost piece of time in the middle of the modern day world.

12. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I just love all this music! And the picture of the graveyard, how cool! I love old graveyards as well. I could walk around in the for hours.

This is one of my favs right now, too!! Love it so much!!

I listen to a little of everything...from country to metal to pop to classical. It just depends on my mood. I am loving this one a lot right now..

And this one is just fun and gets stuck in my head

13. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

That is amazing! I've always loved his Canon in D. Thanks so much for sharing!

bbymks5 likes this.
  14. Serena

I looooove love love that you guys shared, THANK YOU! Today turned upside down so I can't wait to listen to these. (Tomorrow unfortunately... tonight is hectic. But I WILL listen to each song! I'm excited, I love getting new music. :D)

And since this thread is quiet, I'm going to cheat and send one more song! @bestcee For your piano likes. ^.^

A piano cover that just melts me: Epik High Happen Ending.

bestcee likes this.
  15. Serena

AHH!!! What in the what?! Now my computer is messing up too. :furious There were TWO messages now there's a bunch! Eish!

Okay, LADIES (LOL) there will be MASSIVE listenings by me tomorrow! I love love love this, THANK YOU! Totally made my day MUCH better!

16. londoncuppa

This is mine. I discovered this singer while following a YouTube rabbit hole. :yup She won the Ukrainian X-Factor 4 years ago. She tried out with this song too, and they stopped her mid-audition to make her sing it a cappella because it was too good. That's a separate video that is worth looking up. This song is beautiful!
    Lullaby by Aida Nikolaychuk (in Russian)

bbymks5 likes this.
  17. Serena

I have heard that!! I LOVE that audition, her voice is AMAZING!!! I haven't gotten to hear this version though! Thank you!

londoncuppa likes this.
  18. londoncuppa

Here's the link to the tryout the judges stopped, in case anyone is interested.

19. londoncuppa

@Serena I love your siggie. Cracked me up the first time I saw it! :compcoffee

Serena likes this.
  20. Serena

YAY!! I *had* to use the Mouse, I was scared of the hiccups when I was tiny and would curl up as tiny as I could, so my nickname was Mouse. But you can't use a Mouse without something cute next to it! I'm glad it worked! Thank you for saying something!

londoncuppa, bestcee and MrsPeel like this.