WINNER | WIN IT before you can buy it!

Discussion in 'Announcement Pad' started by ForeverJoy, Jan 24, 2019.

1. ForeverJoy

ForeverJoy Swimming in the big tank

OK guys- as much as I truly love so many things about winter- once January starts to wind down, I am officially done. There was an arctic blast here in NYC over the weekend- and I have been FREEZING these past few days! I am ready to close the drawing board to all things winter- but before I do- I wanted to let old man winter how I am feeling about him these days :giggle

How about a little giveaway for tonight's bit of snark before it hits the shop? Leave a comment here in this thread about your feeling on the season these days- and I will randomly choose one to win the Word Art pack tonight at 5pm EST!

[​IMG]

umyesh and KarenB like this.
  2. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

I'm staying indoors where it is nice and warm. :-)

ForeverJoy likes this.
  3. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

I am in Georgia and winter here is nothing like in the northeast. We have had no snow this year. However we have had below freezing temps and lots of wind which is brutal! If it is going to be cold, I want snow. If not... BRING ON SPRING.

ForeverJoy likes this.
  4. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

What a sweet thing to do, Renne! That kit is SO adorable. I live in Florida, but most of my family members are enduring this artic blast right now. Can I say, I remember it well! I used to love to stay indoors and watch winter's beauty from the inside.

ForeverJoy likes this.
  5. AZK

AZK Active Member

I will repeat a phrase I have seen on a meme: "The air hurts my face. Why do I live where the air hurts my face?" :giggle

ForeverJoy likes this.
  6. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

Toronto has had a cold snap recently! And I feel its the perfect time to hibernate!

ForeverJoy likes this.
  7. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

The saying goes "there's nothing colder than August in San Francisco," but this winter has been so cold and rainy - I'm done. Bring on sun and blue skies.

ForeverJoy likes this.
  8. slfam

slfam Chocolate or vanilla? I can't decide!

I'm snow over it!!! ;)

ForeverJoy likes this.
  9. KairynLisa

KairynLisa Wouldn't make it as a fighter pilot

Here in Southern Maine... after getting slammed over the weekend with a bunch of the pretty white stuff, it is raining. I like the snow, but I don't like rain in the winter! It is cold and gray here. On a happy note... my feathered friends are enjoying our smorgasbord of suet, berries, peanut butter and seeds! We've had Yellow Finches, Eastern Bluebirds, Red-bellied Woodpeckers (even though they supposedly don't travel this far north!) and many others! I don't have black sunflower seeds out, but my neighbor does and she's had Cardinals and Tufted Titmouses!

mcurtt, ForeverJoy and KarenB like this.
  10. lmjrocko

lmjrocko See that in my rear view mirror? That's Michigan!

I am so ready for spring

ForeverJoy likes this.
  11. ForeverJoy

ForeverJoy Swimming in the big tank

:giggle that one made it into the pack!

AZK likes this.
  12. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Our weather has been bi-polar here in NC -- freezing cold one day (like 17 and windy) and in the 60s the next. I am hoping for one more snow, but after Feb 2 because selling Girl Scout cookies in the snow and cold is not much fun.

ForeverJoy likes this.
  13. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

"I'm tired and I'm hungry and my tail's froze and my nose is froze and my ears are froze. And my toes are froze."

ForeverJoy and mcurtt like this.
  14. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

We have been buying the black sunflower seeds. We have it in a globe seed holder suspended from a pole outside my window. Chickadees love it, nuthatches love it, vireo love it. The cardinals aren't that keen on hanging onto the wire of the feeder while they peck for the seed, but never fear, they eat the stuff that falls onto the ground. We've been feeding the critters with corn & peanuts & black sunflower seeds. The deer & squirrels appreciate that there is something for them. :-)

KairynLisa and ForeverJoy like this.
  15. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

My husband would quote Shakespeare but he's an engineer and has little exposure to the Bard..."Tis bitter cold and I am sick at heart." He leaves Maryland for a week in Florida each winter. Me? I like winter the most. Yes, we're the Odd Couple.

ForeverJoy likes this.
  16. sakura-panda

sakura-panda Well-Known Member

That word art is so great!

We're on the second snow day in a week that was only four days to begin with. (At least they made it to school on Tuesday. LOL) I don't mind snow or cold, but I do mind ice, temps below 20 degF and the wind that seems to always come with it.

ForeverJoy likes this.
  17. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

Last year we had a proper winter, this year we're back to very cold and wet, instead of cold and wet (autumn). We've had some ice and frost. I love the frost - it's so pretty and makes gorgeous patterns on our loft windows.

ForeverJoy likes this.
  18. trekmom

trekmom Well-Known Member

It's pretty danged cold here and I'm ready for spring but we still have to get through February & March, so this CT gal knows better than anger Mother Nature with her snarky weather remarks! We have a saying here in CT, if you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes. I'm thankful that today's weather was in the low 50's and rain, not snow.

ForeverJoy likes this.
  19. shunnstergirl

shunnstergirl Well-Known Member

I think snow blows more than it sucks! :D :giggle

amien1 likes this.
  20. DivaMom96

DivaMom96 Well-Known Member

How do I feel about winter? Winter is beautiful - on television, in pictures, or somewhere other than where I am. That's why I moved to sunny Florida.

No more snow!
    No more cold!

There, I feel better now.