** Winner Announced ** Non-Christmas Christmas Challenge - Summer School Week 4

Discussion in 'Six Weeks of Summer School' started by jk703, Jul 15, 2016.

1. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

See post #27 for the winner.

Hello everyone! I hope you are enjoying Summer School here at TLP! I'm going to host the Christmas in July Challenge. YAY! :) Did you look at all that is on sale this week? At 35% off! If not, check it out HERE! Remember, this includes Christmas, Winter and Document your December items! WOW!

I am a scrapper, obviously :giggle, but I seem to prefer to scrap everyday or random moments, rather than events. Christmas and holidays in general are bigger events to me, so many times, I will put those photos to the side to scrap later. If you are like me though, you have plenty of winter and Christmas kits in your stash. I end up usually using them for non-Christmas layouts! These kits are way more versatile than you think, you just have to think around the theme sometimes.

For this challenge, I would like you to use Christmas, Holiday or Winter Themed supplies for a non-Christmas, non-Holiday or non-Winter layout! You're going to scrap off theme!

For my layout, I went a little more dramatic, and used the basic colors of the kits and combined that with the reds, greens and blues also found in the Christmas Kits. I also used leaves with berries under neath my flower, just hiding the holiday berries. I used As In Olden Days Bundle by Mommyish, and Winter Traditions by Etc. By Danyale.

[​IMG]

I can't wait to see what you create! If you have any questions or need ideas, post in this thread, and I'll try to help!

Please remember The Lilypad challenges rules also apply here! So, your page must contain at least 75% Lilypad product.

Once you finished your page, come back here to this thread to leave us a link to your page. In the gallery, on the right of your image, you will find Share this Layout. Choose Share BB Code, and copy. Then paste into this thread.

You have until Sunday, July 31st at 11:59pm EST to post your page in the gallery and post a link here. From the layouts submitted in this thread, one recipient will win a $5 Lilypad gift card!

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
  2. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

It's always interesting to see the pages from this challenge. Let's see that creativity in action, ladies! :)

jk703 likes this.
  3. NancyBeck

NancyBeck Happy resident of Pollyville

What a gorgeous piece of inspiration, Jenn, I am totally in love with this!

jk703 likes this.
  4. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

thank you for the inspiration Jenn

jk703 likes this.
  5. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

I used Lynn Grieveson's First Light Kit
    [​IMG]

ForeverJoy, jenn mccabe and BevG like this.
  6. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

7. fruitysuet

fruitysuet Well-Known Member

Used a winter kit Cabin Fever for a page about my youngest and my mother in law.
    [​IMG]

ForeverJoy likes this.
  8. Pups_r_Paps

Pups_r_Paps Well-Known Member

9. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

so i have always liked less traditional looking xmas kits for this reason - i scrap more non-xmas than xmas pages, (always feel accomplished when i get an actual xmas page finished though ;) ) and the hexagons and the lovely bkgd paper in Sara's Advent kit were what started this sorta shape based page, and the word art in Just Jaimee and Mommy-ish's Shelf Elf is obviously very versatile (and i thought the wooden cutout mat looked less like trees and more just like triangles rotated upside down). Thanks!

[​IMG]

ForeverJoy likes this.
  10. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

When I was browsing thru the Christmas kits last week, I fell in love with Mad for Plaid by Sahlin Studio.
    And then along came this challenge. I had the most absolute PERFECT photo for my non-Christmas layout. Everything here (aside from the photo) is from the kit, albeit I may have cut and colored the word art to make it work in a non-Christmas setting. Here it is.

[​IMG]

ForeverJoy likes this.
  11. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

These are awesome everyone! Thank you for playing along! Keep them coming....

12. barbaraj

barbaraj Well-Known Member

Fun challenge! Here's mine:

[​IMG]

ForeverJoy likes this.
  13. gillscott

gillscott Waldo's just my alias

14. Joan K

Joan K Maybe I'll just grow down

Oh what fun it is to scrap .... the 4th of July with a Christmas kit! I used LBW Once Upon A Christmas and an M3 add on journal card also from LBW.
    [​IMG]

ForeverJoy likes this.
  15. Mrivas

Mrivas I know how to spit like a man

Beach time documented with Christmas and Winter goodies. I would have never thought of that, thank you for the inspiration!
    [​IMG]

ForeverJoy and KarenW like this.
  16. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Last year winery photo scrapped with PRD's Christmas kit Counting the days & LBW's Golden December[​IMG]

ForeverJoy likes this.
  17. corsicar

corsicar Dinner tonight? Something chocolate I'm sure!

This was hard for me! I wanted more greenery but all the kit had was pine needle type things and I wasn't about to put those on my page :P Thanks for the challenge!

[​IMG]

ForeverJoy likes this.
  18. sandsock

sandsock If you need me I'll be on my island

This was so fun!
    [​IMG]

ForeverJoy likes this.
  19. KayTeaPea

KayTeaPea I carried a watermelon

I used Memory Pockets Monthly's "December 2015 -Magic" kit, plus add-on paper from Sara Gleason, along with a few elements from Allison Pennington's "Glad Tidings Etc" and "Be Happy"
    [​IMG]

20. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle