Winner Announced**CLOSED** GTKY - OTHER Hobbies! | DSD 2019

Discussion in 'DSD 2019 Party Pad' started by amandac, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Beth Holmes

Beth Holmes Member

Wow! 90 books. I'm on Goodreads too so I will look for you. Or you can friend me! My goal this year is 48 books and I already met the goal. Mostly because I listen to audiobooks on my hour long commute and while doing chores!

amandac and mnjenlittle like this.
  2. Christina W

Christina W Well-Known Member

Lol it’s a bear cub!

michele hillam and amandac like this.
  3. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

this made me spit my coffee!

amandac likes this.
  4. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I prefer bridges made of concrete

does sleeping count?? current health and fatigue levels aren’t helping me at the moment. Have plans to get back into other hobbies soon like my stamp collections and exhibitions I used to do in my younger years but those all take money I just don’t have right now and won’t til i’m working.

amandac likes this.
  5. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

I used to love to read but haven't been able to focus for awhile now. I used to watch very little TV but now I prefer to just veg out to some streaming series in my downtime.

I love photography and even though it goes hand in hand with scrapping, it is to me a different hobby.

I love planning and playing around my w/planner - decorating it/making my lists and meal plans and creating custom sticker sheets.

I love trying new recipes.

I love hiking and walking and kayaking and just being outside exploring in general.

amandac likes this.
  6. pearkat

pearkat Well-Known Member

I love to read, but I've been spending all my time scrapping this year. I love to listen to podcasts, which also keeps me from reading! I enjoy playing in the handbell choir at my church. I help coach the elementary school spell bowl team where my daughter goes.

I also enjoy planning in my planner. That makes up for the fact I don't do paper scrapping any more. I also enjoy making Christmas cards, and occasionally other cards.

amandac likes this.
  7. blueberries

blueberries Did I ever tell you I have a thing for snakes?

Writing has always been a big one, and video games. And writing about video games :-D I used to be big into sewing, cross stitch, and baking - when I got sick I had to give those things up, but I'm hoping to slowly work my way back to them. I miss it.

Reading is another one illness stole from me, I was too foggy to get anything out of it but frustration. That's another one I hope to overcome when I can get a tablet. Reading e-books on my desktop just doesn't work very well, and it's all but impossible on a phone. But once I have it, hoo boy I have years of books to catch up on.

amandac likes this.
  8. bcgal00

bcgal00 Feeling lazy with my coffee and book

Other than scrapping, I can't go a day without reading. I keep track of my books on goodreads and currently am on book #53 for this year so far. I read every morning and a bit throughout the day, usually finishing off a book within 4-10 days depending on how big the books are. I read them on my phone app so it can go everywhere with me. I read in line at the grocery store (especially Costco) or waiting for appointments. If my hubs is driving on a trip that takes longer than 30 minutes or so I usually read a few pages along the drive. I belong to two digital libraries plus have amazon books so never run out of reading material. I've been an avid reader since about the age of 8. Currently I am reading "Because You're Mine" by Rea Frey.

mnjenlittle, amandac and Electra like this.
  9. Electra

Electra Junk collector or treasure seeker? You decide

When I had a souped-up 4x4 truck, I loved to just GO. Drive forestry trunk roads and disappear into the woods. Now I have a silly little SUV and I need to be more careful.
    I do a lot of mixed media art, journalling, canvases, etc. Like to get my hands dirty. I don't read, but always have books going in my car. I am on the highway a lot and actually go through tons of books that way.

amandac likes this.
  10. Susan - s3js

Susan - s3js Well-Known Member

Genealogy is my other grand passion. And I am writing a book - I'm a historian, so it's not a novel, but it's a very compelling story.

amandac likes this.
  11. zinzilah

zinzilah One step at a time

I read (6 books on the go right now), I crochet (two shawls on the go), I walk up mountains ( still tons to conquer) and I love travelling.

amandac likes this.
  12. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

This is just so AMAZING, finding out more about you all! Keep it up my friends, old and new!

13. bestcee

bestcee Lorelei and Rory are my neighbors

How about kissing frogs? Is that a hobby?
    [​IMG]

amandac likes this.
  14. DigiGrace

DigiGrace Make mine a purple passion

Kissed the frog!

amandac likes this.
  15. DigiGrace

DigiGrace Make mine a purple passion

Yes!!! Kissing frogs is my hobby!

amandac likes this.
  16. sthomas51004

sthomas51004 Active Member

Digital planning on my iPad, card making, cross stitch, and genealogy. I can quilt...when I have time. I guess you can say I am an all around crafty person. I like making wreathes too.

amandac likes this.
  17. scraptraci

scraptraci June Cleaver

besides digi scrapping i like to do paper scrapping/card making and i love to play golf and tennis. i also love to read

amandac likes this.
  18. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

I agree! I'm also on Goodreads if you care to friend me. Look for Judy Goodnight.

amandac likes this.
  19. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

who has time for other hobbies?!
    [​IMG]

amandac likes this.
  20. mnjenlittle

mnjenlittle Dewey Decimal, I love you!