Windows 11?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by mrs2a50, Mar 16, 2023.

1. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

I downloaded ExtractNow which allows you to unzip files in bulk. Just click and drag all your zipped folders into it and cilck "Extract All".

dotcomkari likes this.
  2. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

Thanks guys. I've tried uninstalling the latest update, and it won't successfully uninstall. I've also tried downloading the latest audio drivers and that hasn't fixed it either. So I'm leaning towards doing the Windows 11 update and crossing fingers that takes care of it.

amien1 likes this.
  3. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

I've had windows 11 for awhile & am an insider member (test updates) and have had no issues at all! The 2nd to last update I tested the only problem was it was hard for my PC to boot back up after being asleep all day- but they fixed that on the most recent one. AND the folder preview are KINDA back- so I've been happy with it!

mrs2a50 likes this.
  4. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Look for 7-Zip. It is free. It will unzip multiple zips at a time and you can control where it puts them. :agree I use it all the time.

bestcee, scribler and dotcomkari like this.
  5. jaye

jaye My other car is a Zamboni!

I keep avoiding the update on both of my machines. Still on Windows 10, I am happy here.

6. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

I'm still getting used to it. My old laptop wasn't compatible so I'd stayed on 10. I had to change my laptop last month and this one is 11. I don't like change, and really not happy, but I'm getting used to all the differences.

My font manager doesn't work on Windows 11. So that's a bit of a problem for me.

bestcee likes this.
  7. scribler

scribler Blanket? Check! Slippers? Check! Sweater? Che

This is what Ii have been using for years. I cannot recommend it highly enough.

bestcee likes this.
  8. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Like @BevG & @scribler , I also use 7-zip.....it's almost the first thing I download on a new computer after Google Chrome, I wouldn't be without it.

BevG, dotcomkari and bestcee like this.
  9. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Meh. Microsoft says I have until October 14, 2025 at minimum. And considering I stayed on Windows XP until 2015, past the 'end of life', I'm not super concerned about upgrading. Our work office was still using XP in 2016. We just clicked past the 'not supported' message and continued working.

LOL! I was coming to post the same thing! 7 zip works fabulously. And free. And you can open the zipped folder and see the named contents if needed.

dotcomkari and mrs2a50 like this.
  10. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

I'm still on windows 8 sooooooooooo

11. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

My 1 year support contract expired March 26th and on March 31st, I got the notice that I could update to 22H2. :hummm I scheduled it to update early this morning so after all these months of waiting, I finally have the previews sort of back. Although, I had gotten used to not having them.

I haven't fired up the new laptop to see if I have an update waiting for me but I don't use it to scrap so previews aren't really needed anyways.

12. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

I went ahead and updated this week. Seems to be working fine so far.