wide angle lenses?

Discussion in 'Photography Pad' started by AlliJ2008, Sep 14, 2011.

1. AlliJ2008

AlliJ2008 Downsizing!

Who has a wide angle lens? Do you find a lot of use for it? I have a 85mm that I use almost exclusively on a full frame camera but I love renting other lenses just for fun. I used a 14mm for about 2 weeks & it was so much fun. Here is one photo I got that I liked. It looks like I was far away but with the 14mm lens I found I could be right next to whatever I was shooting & get it all in + more!

[​IMG]

2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I don't have one yet, but I really want one! There are so many times that I want to get back further and just can't. It's on my Christmas wish list with nothing else so far... :)

3. Cristina

Cristina Handmade with love, actually

Nope, no wide angle lenses here, but they're so much fun! That shot is fabulous, Alli! As much as I'd love one, the thing I want most right now is a full frame camera. Totally out of our budget though. :(

4. Beckie

Beckie Active Member

*gush*...what a gorgeous photo! I considered getting a new wide angle lens but the price put me off until I had a chance to rent one first.

Definitely next up on my list of lenses!!

5. mlewis

mlewis mlewis

I use my 35mm almost all the time.

6. Leah

Leah Member

I have a 50mm but that's about it. I wish that we had a place to rent camera lenses from here.

7. bderby

bderby No, I will not tell you what "merde" means!

I love that shot, alli!!

I would love a wide angle lens too. Maybe I need to find a rental place where I can try a bunch of different ones out.

8. AlliJ2008

AlliJ2008 Downsizing!

This is what I think will happen when I buy the 35mm. I came home from work sick today so I am actually considering ordering it today.

I use www.borrowlenses.com I have had really good service with them but I am not sure if they ship out of the US. There is also a local camera store that rents them but they require a deposit of the cost of the lens. Unfortunately I have only rented the Canon L lenses so that deposit can add up quickly. Dislike that.

Thanks Beckie! They are costly but I REALLY want the 35mm....

Thanks Cristina! I think that upgrading my lenses helped more than upgrading my camera although I love my FF camera.

9. crazygirl

crazygirl Opening a post office

i have one, on my husbands camera.
    it IS so fun!
    he uses it to take pictures of buildings that he builds. (he's an architect)
    i use it to take funky distorted pictures.
    like this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-most of these shots are taken within 18 inches of the person. LOL HA!
    -the group shot, i think i was about 5 ft away. maybe. not even.

he has a nikon.
    i have a canon and prefer my awesome 50mm.
    really lets me get close up and snap every adorable detail
    on my precious kiddos faces.
    the wide angle doesn't satisfy me in that way.
    ;o

(these are all unedited pics, that were taken at my daughters 15th birthday ice cream mustache bash)

Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  10. Cristina

Cristina Handmade with love, actually

I get that, but with 2 primes I feel I am doing good for lenses at the moment. One of them is a 28 mm, which in face I guess you can consider wide angle. I thought you were referring to really wide angle with your post, like fisheye. :blush I love my 28 mm, best purchase ever!!