Why Does Adobe hate me?

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by Happy Mama, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Happy Mama

Happy Mama Well-Known Member

Ok, I got a new computer, and it came with PSE 12 (I was using 10) so yay!:fairydance:woot

BUT, they moved all the buttons! *ugh* :hissy:tantrum

I cannot figure anything out now, I feel like a newbie digi scrapper all over again. (and I wasn't much past newbie to begin with, ha!):dizzy

When I drag an image from the photo bin onto my layout it automatically re-sizes it! Does anyone know how to make that stop? I would be so appreciative of your help. :tacklehug

(as would my computer who is a little afraid I might throw him out the window any minute. :/):badputer

Melissa
    (who needs her binkie right now:therethere)

2. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

aw, I hate that...I went from elements to CS5 (I had it for 6 months in the box-so scared)
    I finally sat down, hubby took children for 4 hours!!
    I took one of my favorite layouts and redid it with the new program.
    it really really helped me learn the program

3. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

HUGS... I understand your frustration, although I'm sorry to say that I cannot help. Haven't scrapped with PSE in a while, but did for years and distinctly recall the upgrade frustrations. The silver lining... you will LOVE it once you master it. No doubts at all! :hug

4. Trista

Trista I'm Working On It

I use CC so I am not sure if this will work. It's been a while since I used PSE, but somewhere in the preferences (general I think) there is a box that will be checked that states "resize image during place". You will need to uncheck that.
    Hope this helps!

Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
  5. PLM

PLM I know there's something in the wake of your smile

Hmmm, recognizable!!! I went from Paint Shop Pro to CS5 and was so scared not to master it!
    Unfortunately I can not help you, but I hope someone can help you on your way. I hope Trista's tip will help you with your first problem.

6. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Oh no! Sorry you're having frustrations with the newer program. I totally know that feeling and hate it too! Hopefully once you get used the new button locations, you can enjoy your new computer. Is it speedy? :)

7. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

it has been a very long time since I used PSE ... but i googled it. sounds like it is an annoying quirk with PSE12 but fixed in PSE 13? sorry! here is one scrapbookers take on how things work when placing files and work arounds

http://www.digitalscrapbookinghq.com/drag-drop-float-keep-layers-best-photoshop-elements/

... i didn't read this in detail, but skimmed the article ... looks like this is just the way it is? looks like if you go to Window Float All and drag that way, instead, it will not resize?

maybe google some more if no one here chimes in and see if there are other options? HTH

Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
  8. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

9. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

Adobe turned the user interface upside down with PSE11. Here is a video that Jessica Sprague did for PSE11(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giIU82smKMg) on setting up the workspace. It will apply to PSE12 as well. On the plus side, it is now tons easier to install styles and actions.