Why aren't I SCRAPPING?

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by scrappup32, Mar 27, 2013.

1. scrappup32

scrappup32 Currently starring in Hoarders: Digi Disarray

Why aren't I SCRAPPING?

I have the time. I have the desire. God knows I have the kits. :whistle But for some reason when I sit at my computer to start I end up shopping (for more kits), surfing the forum, checking out galleries, reading scrap-related blog posts, even organizing my supplies. But then it's time for something else and whoops! I didn't get any actual scrapping done. Does this happen to anyone else? How do you get your scrap on?

Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
  2. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I gotta have a challenge, it moves me beyond anything! I think that is why I apply for positions with designers! MAKes me scrap in bulk! Their deadline is my deadline! love it! I do have 2 more challenges here at TLP to do...hmmmm time to open PhotoShop!

3. javamonster

javamonster Rwaarrr!

Yeah, Anne nails it for me too. Otherwise I end up doing what you do, and procrastinate by doing anything else other than pages! It'd be cool if TLP offered Optional Extra Challenges with bonus points or something like that. I'd love that!

4. lauracw

lauracw Gets a funky high on yellow sun

I agree with Anne, I have to have a a deadline, although I'm still stuck on the last two challenges for this month! I scrap on my laptop though, so if I'm really having trouble staying focused, I turn the wifi off!

5. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I LOVE DEADLINES! They make me thrive!

6. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

This happens to me all the time too! I totally agree with everyone else... I need a deadline!

7. scrappup32

Okay -- deadlines it is! I will make up a schedule... Maybe doing some timed scrapping will help me complete layouts too....

8. AnneofAlamo

Okay here some creative building stuff, wanna go page for page with me? I have 2 CT ones due yesterday..bhahahha...but I am doing today and one more that I can't show til the 4th of April, I plan on doing today and be done by 10pm my time MST.
    I want to finish the challenges here, so two of the CTs (dear miss Mirjam and Lynn-Marie) will be used for that, and I bought that gorgeous 24 hours from Lil Butterfly wings, so I want to play with that too. Wanna try and get 4 layouts in 24 hours done?
    I'm off!
    Race ya!

9. lauracw

I only had two left and I'm finally finished!!

10. staciahall

staciahall Quidditch, anyone?

That Anne, she's a taskmaster!

11. AnneofAlamo

bhahah...got one done for Mirjam and the template challenge (2 for 1 page) bhahha..a.nd I am beat!lol

12. scrappup32

Oh no! Just saw this. Don't think it'll happen in the next half hour... But this is a fun idea! I think I will try to do all the challenges next month, see if that gets me going...

I was looking at my list and I think part of it is that I have so much to "catch up" on. And then I'll see a new kit or something that I want to play with or that gives me an idea for a page but it doesn't fit with any of the "back-scrapping" I need to do, so I feel guilty that I haven't done those and I'll end up not doing either the catch-up page or a new page! Now how silly is that??

13. lauracw

I have a list of "catch up" pages I need to get done, but I try not to lock myself into scrapping in chronological order. If I'm not inspired to do a page, I end up not scrapping. Eventually, I'll stumble across the perfect kit or challenge to mark something off my "to scrap" list!

14. heathergw

heathergw Singing in the Neil mobile

I need deadlines too... or a specific long term project... like right now I'm working on Asher's baby book... he's only two years old lol