Who's excited?

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by klee73010, Feb 25, 2016.

1. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

Becky Higgins announced the android launch for the Project Life app.... YESSSSSSSSS! Come on Monday!

RebeccaH, crystalbella77 and jk703 like this.
  2. sm_amber

sm_amber I learn from the best..

I've been beta testing and it's lovely! Especially since I can still use it with my MPM stuffs.. I haven't started my 2016 pages, but this jut might change my whole plan.. :cloud9

crystalbella77, Karen and klee73010 like this.
  3. klee73010

How do I get that job?! :giggle

RebeccaH and Karen like this.
  4. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Excited for you. I haven't worked it into my routine. I don't like the flatness of it, and it makes me feel confined. I will keep trying, one day, I might figure out how it works for me.

klee73010 likes this.
  5. klee73010

I am slightly worried about that. But... I'm wondering if maybe I could use it to try scrapping previous years? or a travel album? or just trying something new in general, really... PL is not usually my thing. I'm trying, sort of, for this year to do something, so, we'll see.

pbrooks likes this.
  6. jk703

You could scrap albums that might not otherwise get done, anything really. I don't think the PL style will inhibit you actually, while it makes me feel confined, it doesn't deter from actually scrapping... the app really makes it super easy.

My issue is that I like the shadows, elements and all that I do in PS. I feel confined that I can't do that or move things as I wish. I don't want to start something, and then have to finish it later in PS. I think that might make more work for me. To add all the ellies and such that I've bought to Dropbox, and my home computer seems double the work. Plus, I think once you bring in JC's or other cards, they are images, and you can't write on them.

I try it out every so often, but my feelings haven't changed... yet. It will be awesome for some people. They will totally be able to scrap so fast and get so many memories recorded!

7. scrappyjedi

scrappyjedi Patience you must have, my young padawan

Hee hee!! Amber designs Project Life kits for Becky, so I'm guessing that had a li'l something to do with it. :)

This is me. I have the app. It was fun to play with, but in the end I enjoy playing with shadows and elements, so it's not really something that I use. Plus, the majority of my photos are taken with a DSLR and not my phone, so I'd have to upload those, too. It's just easier for me to do it in Photoshop from the start.

8. klee73010

I definitely think that dropbox step is too much. For me, I like the idea that I can move the editable files to work on later, for the elements and shadowing. I am really not sure I can scrap without them. BUT... as a start? At the absolute least, a better collage app than anything I currently have... At least I hope.

Can you use digital things you've purchased in the app, on your computer, too? do you know?

Yes, I can see how that would be a helpful starting point :giggle
    I am super excited to play, and try. but I imagine, eventually, i will find the same thing... shadows and elements are something I really want to play with, so I'll still have to finish up in PS. I definitely have some research to do!

9. scrappyjedi

scrappyjedi Patience you must have, my young padawan

Unfortunately, items purchased in the PL app can only be used in the app. If you want to use those same collections on the computer, you have to also purchase digital version.

10. sm_amber

My heart is still in the details of digi.. I just don't have the time.. So my plan - for now - is to use the app to scrap our family albums pre-MPM (so 2014 and earlier). However, my family album style is quite simple, so I'm thinking that might work for current years as well.. I'll definitely still do "regular" digital pages as I'm able and want to.. I'm kind of at the point where "done is better than perfect" right now.. times and seasons and all that jazz. ;)

11. sm_amber

Oh and as far as working it into my routine... I was up until 2am yesterday playing with the darn thing.. Yeah, I definitely need to figure out an alternative for that, lol..

jk703, klee73010 and crystalbella77 like this.
  12. crystalbella77

crystalbella77 Capture life and embrace it

I have found that even though I personally like creative scrapping with layers and shadows, my family likes looking at Simple photos and stories. I have been doing last year with mpm but simply. I think the app will be good for me for making gift albums or just quick spreads. I'm excited to try it!

klee73010 and jk703 like this.
  13. jk703

I might make the simple for family... but if it's a gift, lol, I want it to be fantabulous! :giggle They can oooohhh and aaaahhhh over it!

Totally a great idea to do this for way old pictures! Great thought!

14. crystalbella77

crystalbella77 Capture life and embrace it

everyone I would make a gift for just wants plain pics! They don't get the other stuff. It's boring :/

bellbird likes this.
  15. jk703

I think I try to share it with my family too often. :giggle It's worked out though. I've made guest books at weddings, invitations, and scrapbooks for baby's first year for friends. So the prettier stuff is actually appreciated.

crystalbella77 and klee73010 like this.
  16. klee73010

Mine too... Lol.
    my grandmother would love it if I just mailed her pictures all the time. I don't have the money to print them all for her! I show her a layout, and she can't read the font, or the embellishment bothers her.
    AND... i've actually had a friend within the past week say "i don't get scrapbooking" so... if I were to do something like this for them, it would start to make sense, probably. but... meh. I scrapbook for my family... on occasion, my extended family gets a page or two for framing. mostly, it's so others can look at what my family does.

By and Large... if it will help me tell stories, i'm down to check it out. :D

crystalbella77 likes this.
  17. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I must admit that I've had it on my iphone for a year now...and have never used it. Am I bad, or what? I just don't take too many photos on my phone, I guess. And I haven't had the time to sit down and figure out how to use it. Another bad.

18. klee73010

I've done that with Rhonna Designs app. I paid for that app, and have even purchased a pack or two. I think i've probably used it 10 times in the past 3 years or whatever. Love the idea of it... people make some amazing things. But I haven't learned really what it can do, or totally fallen in love with any of the stickers with my own photos - with the exception being my current avatar pic. The one thing I've made and loved... it's been my forum avatar (around most of digi land) for an entire year because I love it so much... the only thing I've loved that much from that app!

19. gracielou

gracielou Well-Known Member

This is me! When it debuted for iPhone I was crazy about it. Bought lots of kits and made I think 2 pages with it and the new wore off quickly. For someone like myself that loves and hoards embellishments it was just not for me. I keep telling myself that I need to just delete it from my phone but for whatever reason I can't bring myself to do it. I guess it's hard to let go of all that money I just threw away.

klee73010 and jk703 like this.
  20. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I'm considering getting the app just to scrap my everyday Uni life - I figure if I want to make a normal layout to celebrate something I can too when I have the time.