Who's ever idea it was--Thank You!

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2018' started by NancyP, Jan 20, 2018.

1. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

What I am talking about is when you bring up a list of forums, and if you have followed that thread, your little face or avatar is in the lower right corner with whoever started the thread. Just being curious, I brought up the list of MOC 6 challenges and went down the list, and sure enough. my little face was missing from challenges 13, 14, and 15!! Now I would have bet anything that I uploaded those challenges into the correct threads. They are in my Layouts List, but apparently I never put them into each individual thread! So----THANK YOU---for this idea of adding our faces when we visit a thread! It saved the day for this gal! Now----off to upload those three challenges into their appropriate threads!!!! :banana:love

crazsquaw, Karen, MrsGaramer and 9 others like this.
  2. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Yes, I love that feature too! Can definitely be helpful to see if you posted in an MOC individual challenge thread! Remember though, if you asked a question ... like before you went to do your page ... you little avatar will also be there - so just rememebr that! But it does do the job of definitively telling you that you have not posted in the thread at all!

cfile and bellbird like this.
  3. NancyP

@jenn mccabe OK, Jenn, now you made me nervous! SO I am going through every single thread to make SURE I added my layout and not just a comment! But I just found out something else awesome! I went to the thread for challenge 1 and typed my name in the search box at the top right. It went right to my challenge. I figured I would have to do this with every challenge; but much to my happy surprise, each challenge I now click on, it shoots me right to my page!!! WOOT WOOT!!!!! So I am now adding my post number to my sticky notes list I keep of each challenge I finish!!! WHEW!!!! MOC is fun, but at times, nerve wracking!!!! :stars

4. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I love that feature, too!! And the search function! I use it all the time because I can usually remember who said something, just not exactly where or when, so I just search their name :) And I use it to find something I've posted, too.

cfile and keepscrappin like this.
  5. NancyP

Oh, Jenn!!! I could hug you. I was up to Day 12 and when I clicked on it, it took me to a post where I had just remarked about the challenge. There were LOTS of pages to go through, so I went to the gallery checked on the date and time I had uploaded the layout. You can't post in the challenge thread until the layout is in the gallery so that time frame was a starting point for me to start looking-----and sure enough, I had never posted my layout from the gallery into Day 12!!!!! If you had not told me that, I would have seen my little avatar next to Day 12 and just assumed I had uploaded my layout!!!! HUGS HUGS HUGS!!!!!!:heartslub

6. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

oh Nancy, I'm so glad that you're enjoying MOC and that you're checking your list twice. like Santa... hehe:tree
    It'd be a shame to do all that work and then not get credit because you missed posting it in all the places.

7. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

So, if you go to the MOC Challenge List forum, don't click on a challenge specific. Then go to the search and make sure that forum is checked. Type in your name, and voila! It'll show you what you posted on each thread! It's an easy list to glance at and see of you posted a layout or question. And since it pulls all you posts, you can see of you did a question and posted. It's a little faster than opening each thread to search.

AnneofAlamo and Danyale like this.
  8. NancyP

Ahhhh, Courtney! You're the best!! ALL you ladies in the background are the best! Always willing to help wherever help is needed!!! :bk

bestcee likes this.
  9. Mylinn

Mylinn What's that old bat up to now??

i have a very poor memory so when I get ready to post I open 3 windows - my LO thread, the gallery and the challenge thread (i jump there from my bookmark of @AnneofAlamo's wonderful timesaving list).

So glad I hopped in to read these because while I knew about the search box, I'd not explored the advance search. *face palm* Such time saving tips I have now added, thank you thank you all.

cfile and bestcee like this.
  10. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

I also love to work with multi windows open, just so much faster!

Mylinn likes this.
  11. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I use the same method, seeing my avatar on the thread list, for monthly challenges. I purposely do not comment on challenges until I'm posting my layout for that reason.

I didn't realize how easy it is to search for our posts in a subforum though. I have wanted to find old posts of mine, but didn't think of doing it that way.

bestcee likes this.
  12. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i love all the features mentioned too - that avatar inset pic for replies is one of my fave forum features! I use that 'search for user' one to find myself a lot! o_0

13. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

I had no idea what idea about this!!!!

14. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

It sure does help to know that I have responded to that particular thread as well.
    Totally on board with you.

15. crazsquaw

crazsquaw I can totally make that...

GOOD TO KNOW, I didn't even realize this!! ♥

16. Vrielinkie

Vrielinkie Rub-a-Dub-Dub

Soooooo helpful indeed! :cheer