Who uses their TLP coupon codes???

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by loridigi, Mar 16, 2016.

1. loridigi

loridigi Just call me badass

I am so bad at NOT using my coupon codes or checking the dates. I already have 2 codes that I wasn't able to use because I just don't think about it.
    Anyone else has had this happen to them? How do you make sure to use them in time?

Lindzee and enjoyyourpix like this.
  2. sushimommy

sushimommy Could you point me to the helipad?

I make a note about the code on my calendar - I have forgotten about too many of them! Sometimes, I will go ahead and write the code on my note section of my planner, then put a line through it when I used it (especially when we have a few chats or scraps within a few days of each other and i happily have a few to keep track of!)

loridigi likes this.
  3. merank

merank Working my way through scrumdiddlyumptious bars

I'm usually so excited when I get a coupon that I tend to use it within a day or two of receiving it!:circles

4. loridigi

I tend to do that too... except sometime I wait to see what the SOSN and New Releases will be... Then I forget! lol

keepscrappin likes this.
  5. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I'm like Meredith :D

loridigi likes this.
  6. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

if I don't use it right away, I write it in my BuJo with the expiry date.

loridigi likes this.
  7. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

i have forgotten before, and I've chosen not to sometimes. It usually is because I don't know what I want from the store/designer enough to spend my coupon on... I want it all!!! lol.
    I am currently wondering what I'm going to use my gift card to LBW store on, and what I'm going to use my challenge % off coupon for... and MOC. LOL.
    I do tend to write them down on a scratch pad near my computer, and sometimes in the store, I will flip through my scratch pad to remind myself if I have any. I always scratch through them when I've used it.

loridigi likes this.
  8. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I tend to add things to my wishlist when they catch my eye, and then save my coupon towards the end of the month and then have a little splurge. The more I spend the more I save - mentality. I have forgotten on occasion, or there was more month than money and I have had to let things go til the next month, or next sale.

keepscrappin and loridigi like this.
  9. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

friday's - I use them on new release day...

loridigi and bestcee like this.
  10. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I'm always in the camp of use when I get it! I keep a running wish list and check to see what is on it first. I also write coupon codes in my planner the day before expiration on the monthly view. Easy to see, and use!

loridigi likes this.
  11. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

Write them on the calendar on my computer.

loridigi likes this.
  12. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Who can forget if you use it right away??? :stash But I'm in the "calendar" camp too. :) I love my calendar cuz I can c/p the code, so everything I need is right there. Usually I use a code right away, but this month I've actually been thinking more about what to get lol. I have to decide: do I buy what I'll use rightnow, or something I loooove but don't yet have pictures to scrap with it?

loridigi likes this.
  13. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

i forgot my december challenge 30%

I usually save a text in my down load file location, then once use, put in with the kit i used it one, so i know i used it

Tree City and loridigi like this.
  14. shaynesgirl

shaynesgirl All I need is a pink Corvette!

My calendar is so full with work stuff that sometimes things like this get lost. I have found that a better method for me to track challenges and coupons is the post-it feature that comes within the Windows accessories. I just keep a digital post-it on my laptop and it pops every time I log in. I can quickly check to see if any dates are approaching or what challenges I have left to complete, or other deadlines I need to meet. As I use coupon codes I just delete the post-it for them. LOVE the post-it feature!

See example below:
    Capture.JPG

15. herbrock

herbrock Active Member

What a super idea @shaynesgirl !! I love it! I just moved my MOC coupon codes from a random piece of paper on my desk to a digital post it. I didn't know this was even a thing! Thanks!

loridigi likes this.
  16. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

This is exactly what I do!! I just finished all my TLP challenges so now I can delete that sticky note. My poor desktop is so full of sticky notes that you can't see my icons!!!

loridigi and Lindzee like this.
  17. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

I send myself an e-mail message if I didn't get one from the site & don't remove the message until I've used the coupon. I also color code or put a symbol in front of the message so that it stands out (using gmail).

loridigi likes this.
  18. enjoyyourpix

enjoyyourpix My mama don't like you

I write them all down and then forgot to check the list ...

keepscrappin and loridigi like this.
  19. loridigi

Bac when I was on a bunch of CTs (a few years back, before life got crazy!) I did use the post-it feature... I totally forgot about it!

20. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

LOL I can't wait to get a coupon!

loridigi likes this.