Who needs a check-in?

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by tanbanan, Jan 26, 2012.

1. tanbanan

tanbanan New Member

I've been trying to get 3-4 workout days in a week. What have you been doing to keep yourself motivated. . . . or are you mixing it up and trying something new?

I love the Body series classes at my Gold's Gym! The instructors are amazing, upbeat and make it so fun! Has anyone tried the CXWorX class? It focuses on your core. . . . total killer! You sure feel that one the next day!

2. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

I suck this week since I hurt my leg in soccer. But I'm running 5 tomorrow, 12 on Saturday, followed by 2 soccer games. Hopefully. That should get me back in the game. OR maybe kill me?

3. listgirl

listgirl listgirl

I've been exercising 5-6 times a week in January. My schedule looks like this.

Monday - Strength Training (abs, squats, lunges, upper body free weights)
    Tuesday - run 2 miles in the morning and Zumba class after work
    Wednesday - Strength Training (same as Monday)
    Tuesday - run 2 miles
    Friday - rest
    Sat - long run (up to 5 miles now)
    Sun - yoga or stretch

4. Brandi

Brandi You're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind

I'm working out about 5 times a week... Here's my schedule...

Monday- Run (at least 3-4 miles)
    Tuesday- Jillian Michael's No More Trouble Zones (strength training & core work for one hour)
    Wednesday- Run (about 4 miles)
    Thursday- Jillian Michael's No More Trouble Zones (strength training & core work for one hour)
    Friday- Run (about 4-6 miles)

5. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I'm working out 3 times a week - Tues, Thurs & Sun at the gym, hopefully in a week or two I'll swap a workout for either a land or water based class

6. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I've been doing pretty poorly at the exercising, but I am eating MUCH better and have lost 4.5 pounds over the last couple weeks. Today I did get off my booty and do Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. I did it once last week too. My goal is to get up to three times per week.

7. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

ohmygosh with the craziness of life, i 100% fell off the wagon. climbing back on. need some moral support here or i'm bound to fail. eeeep

8. Brandi

What do you think of her Karen? I think she's great and knows what she's doing, but she's super annoying when she talks a lot during her workout videos! :giggle

9. Cristina

Cristina Handmade with love, actually

Since the new year began, I've been working out 3 days a week, MWF. I'm doing the couch to 5k program. And it's plenty for me!!

10. mrspotts

mrspotts Could I get a planner for my planner?

I've been hitting the gym and doing the elipitcal and walking on the treadmill. Unfortunately I have to have pretty low impact exercise because my children ruined my hips : ( My main problem getting there is it seems like either my kiddos come down sick or I come down sick and can't make it to the gym. Does anyone know if there are any zumba videos on Netflix? I love zumba but can't make the time it is at my gym.

11. stampin_rachel

stampin_rachel The Lost Spice Girl

I have been exercising 6 days a week with 3 days being runs (3-4 miles) and the others strength and core - (I have all of Jilian's DVDs as well as some other good kick ass workouts). I am seeing some toning up, but I am not losing any weight. I am trying really heard to eat well, but the beer drinking is kicking me in the butt.

12. Brandi

You had me at beer drinking :giggle

13. emmasmom

emmasmom emmasmom

Well...I ran 8 miles the other day but that's all I've done for about a week because we all got really sick, it was hard...I'm still sore. I have a 1/2 marathon the first weekend in March so I need to get my butt in gear...literally.

14. leilay

leilay Member

I don't know if there are Zumba vids on Netflix, but if the kids have a Wii I use the Zumba game. The point scoring is all kinds of crazy (you can just shake the wiimote and score points, and if you're supposed to be doing slow moves/stretching you won't score) but the workouts themselves are very nice. :)
    Apparently there are also videos online, but I don't know where. Might be a few on Youtube?

15. tanbanan

tanbanan New Member

BRAVO ladies! Looks like we have lots of runners out there. Keep up the good work~

16. skyezak

skyezak Member

I am just short of hitting the 15 kilogram weight loss mark (since starting late April 2011) after having a bit of a hiccup over the Christmas break. But my personal trainer put me onto a 2 week rapid fat loss program which I actually loved doing and I lost 2.8 kilos in the 2 weeks. So now I'm back to trying to eat well again on my own and trying to do some exercise but we're in 30+ Celcius hot Summer days here so getting out and doing anything is impossible when it's still in the mid-30's now (it's nearly 10.30pm)! I have ridden my bike with my kids and done some dog walking and my aqua aerobics classes start up again next week after being shut for 6 weeks with our Summer holidays. Can't wait till the kids go back to school next week too then I can do all my regular daily routines again.