Which Web browser do you use?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by A-M, Oct 7, 2020.

Which Web Browser do you use?

1. Google Chrome

24 vote(s)
    64.9%
  2. Mozilla Firefox

8 vote(s)
    21.6%
  3. Microsoft Edge

3 vote(s)
    8.1%
  4. Opera

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Other - please share which one

3 vote(s)
    8.1%
  6. Apple users - Safari

8 vote(s)
    21.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I love chrome, also across all devices, including my apple ipad.

A-M likes this.
  2. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

Chrome on my desktop and laptop, then Safari on my iPad and phone. I used to use Firefox but it suddenly started locking up on me and loading really slowly.

A-M likes this.
  3. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

I am finding it interesting to see most people use Chrome which I used to use all the time but at sometime a site I frequented did not work well with Chrome so I changed to Firefox which lately I am finding very slow so I may change back to Chrome.

4. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I always loved Chrome and used it for many years but with their more recent updates, they have taken away things that were why I loved it. And, it was a real memory hog at times which caused it to stop working. I really wasn't keen on switching to Edge but having used it for a couple months now, I am finding that it isn't so bad. No browser is perfect though and different ones will work for different people.

I do still use Chrome on my tablet and I don't even get on the internet on my Kindle because of the browser!

A-M likes this.
  5. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I used Firefox for years and then it became a huge memory hog when multiple tabs were open. My old computer should could not handle it. So I switched to Chrome.

Edge is built on the open source code that Chrome uses, but with Microsoft branding. You can even add Chrome add-ons into Edge.

A-M likes this.
  6. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

1. Internet Explorer for work (will use Chrome if something is incompatible)
    2. Safari for personal use my MAC (will use Chrome if something is incompatible)

A-M likes this.
  7. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

Safari for my MacBook - until the switch to MAC I always used internet explorer ...

A-M likes this.
  8. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

After so many saying they use Chrome I am now back to using it and it is definitely quicker that Mozilla Firefox. I already had been using it some years ago so I did a big tidy up of all the bookmarks I had on it and added some new ones.
    I am so happy I posted this poll.

Thank you all for responding and sharing as you have done.

Memaw2Wm, bellbird and SeattleSheri like this.
  9. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i went from chrome from firefox several years back too for all the reasons everyone mentioned, especially the 'across devices' thing - i'll have to look into the Great Suspender as well!
    i do use 'One Tab' extension, it describes itself as:
    "Save up to 95% memory and reduce tab clutter
    Whenever you find yourself with too many tabs, click the OneTab icon to convert all of your tabs into a list. When you need to access the tabs again, you can either restore them individually or all at once."

A-M likes this.
  10. Tronesia

Tronesia Tronesia

Firefox for life. I still use Chrome, but only for certain things. My PC can handle most anything except when Chrome is being a nuisance.

11. zakirahzakaria

zakirahzakaria Making to-do lists CHECK. Checking to-do lists...

I use Firefox currently on my phone & Macbook because I send tabs to either devices easily.

After reading through the comments though, I feel like trying out Chrome again. Can we send tabs across devices on Chrome as well?