Where You Call Home | Pad Patter 11.30

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by LoveItScrapIt, Nov 30, 2022.

1. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Do you call the state you live in "home" or is there another place that holds that place in your heart?

2. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

I do consider Arizona my home after living in this state for more than 30 years, but I grew up in Florida and that will always be thought of as home for me.

3. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

Northern Virginia has always been "home" to me, in spite of living in Germany for 15 months, and Maryland for two years, when my xDH was in the military. I've lived in my current house for 33 years.

I have considered moving to Florida when I retire. My son recently bought a house near Orlando and will be moving there in the next couple of years. Until then his FL house will be a rental.

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  4. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I was born in Atlanta and have briefly lived in two other states but consider Indiana home.

5. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

I've lived in Wisconsin all my life and consider it my home.

6. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I was born and raised until I was 20 in Ontario but I haven't been back since. British Columbia is my home. I lived in Burnaby, Port Coquitlam and now in the interior, Kamloops.

7. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Born and lived my whole life in New Jersey. NJ is home.

I will retire near my kids.... hoping they both don't each choose a coast, but they probably will! :giggle
    Then I will have to figure out something! :P

Karen and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  8. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Ohio is my home. Only state I have ever lived in. In fact, I live in the house my parents built in 1964 when I was 9 years old. I did live in various apartments for a 10 year period in the late 70's/early 80's but this house was always home and my parents turned it over to me when Mom became ill in the early 90's.

I had at one time considered moving to Florida when I retired but I changed my mind. This house is paid for and after doing a huge purge, I realized that I don't want the hassle of moving not to mention having to find all new medical providers.

I love 8 to 9 months of the weather in Ohio. It's those 3 to 4 really cold months that I hate but with being retired if I don't want to go out, I don't have to. I actually don't mind looking at lots of snow out my windows, just don't like driving in it!

LoveItScrapIt and jk703 like this.
  9. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

Although I grew up in Omaha, I lived in Iowa for 36 years before moving to Washington. Like @jk703 plans for her future, we followed our daughters to Seattle. My username pinpoints where I consider home to be!

10. rchansen

rchansen in the sweet tooth recovery program

Minnesota is home. The only place I've ever lived. Hubby would love to move to Montana or somewhere warm but I'll never leave my family so we stay planted here. :)

11. lulyg14

lulyg14 Testosterone Overload

I moved as a 4 year old so Chicago is my home and will be forever. Hopefully my children also stay in the area as well.

12. sharonb

sharonb Cher Memere

I was born and raised in Charleston, SC, then moved in the military all over the United States, we settled in New Orleans, LA where his mom and dad were and his home. I am staying here as my girls are here, but if I could move, it would be Jacksonville, Florida, where we lived for 4 years and I loved. In my heart, I still feel like a Charlestonian. Crazy? That is me for sure.

lulyg14 and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  13. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Oh Hi Robin!!! It's so good to see you popping in here! Hope all is well!

14. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

Home for the last 11 years has been Spokane, WA (eastern WA) where my husband grew up. I grew up in a tiny little town in southwestern Washington. I came east for college, then met my husband. After college- we lived in the Olympia, WA area for about 7 years- then moved back to Spokane to raise our kids. The weather is SO much better on the east side & cost of living was/is better. However, it is currently DUMPING snow- kids' school was canceled & that RARELY happens here. I grew up in just rainy winter, so I secretly love the snow! ;)

Memaw2Wm and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  15. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

Wisconsin is home now. It's the place we've lived the longest (35 years) and our kids live here and soon-to-be grandchild. But when I travel back to MI or PA or NY, those former places also feel like home again.

16. LoveItScrapIt

Aww I get that.

17. LoveItScrapIt

I grew up in Michigan. I moved away at 17 to live with my dad in TN. Met my hubby there and we lived there until 2011. So like 14 years, almost as long as I'd lived in Michigan at that point.

We've been back in Michigan since 2011.
    I think my kids might move away, and I am hoping to follow at that point but we'll see.
    Michigan will always be home to me.

elseepe likes this.
  18. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

I don't live in a State :D Yes, I definitely call where I live my home.

19. rchansen

rchansen in the sweet tooth recovery program

Thanks Jen. All is well...miss you guys!! <3

20. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

I was born and raised in the suburbs of Pittsburgh, PA and lived there my whole life until 2019 when my husband and I moved to beautiful sunny Sarasota, Florida. Living the dream of living by the beach.

Memaw2Wm and LoveItScrapIt like this.