Where to start?

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by littlekiwi, Feb 23, 2019.

1. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Due to a number of things happening this morning, I have five hours with my laptop and limited internet so figure it would be a good chance to sort some of my stash. Would you start with the older stuff or newer stuff? and how would you approach it so that at the end of the time it feels that I have actually made progress?

2. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

How are you organizing? I like to either go through the most recent kits I've bought and start there or pick a designer and start with all their kits. It depends on my mindset.

littlekiwi and bellbird like this.
  3. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I usually go alphabetically by designer (although after a while it feels like I get nowhere fast or maybe I have too much Allison stuff (j/k! Can never have too much Allison stuff) - I never thought about sorting by date!

bestcee likes this.
  4. littlekiwi

Well in the end I never got started - found a quiet spot in the hotel lounge and crashed out for a few hours as I’d had a really rough nights sleep on the overnight bus.

bestcee likes this.
  5. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Sounds like sleep was the way to go, Jennifer!

As for your original question, if you have time later to work on this, I go in alphabetical order. I recently went through my "A" kits in my Kit folder; I'll do the "B"s this week. As for checking progress...I guess it depends on what your goal is. For me, it was deleting stuff I'll never use. I didn't have a set volume (10GB, or 20 kits, etc): it was all based on getting rid of what I no longer wanted, but I would check my Recycle Bin every 10 min to see how "big" it had grown. There were a whole bunch in a row that I deleted. Then I didn't delete anything for awhile. Shrug. But the stuff I deleted was all OLD and I knew I'd never use it (and if I change my mind...it's on 3 other EHDs rofl). ETA: I do the same thing when I tag (go in alphabetical order). That way I know which letter I left off on. :)

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
  6. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I'm glad you chose sleep! Self-care is the best care!

I usually end up tagging my newest purchases when I'm in a sorting mood. :)

littlekiwi likes this.
  7. littlekiwi

I did do some sorting last night and I started with deleting what was old and I wouldn’t use.

bestcee and Tree City like this.
  8. littlekiwi

It wasn’t so much of a want but a need in a way. it was as soon as I was comfortable I crashed out. I basically said as long as I’m good for one day which was my interview day any other activity I did was a bonus.

gonewiththewind likes this.
  9. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

How did the interview go?

littlekiwi likes this.
  10. littlekiwi

Won’t know til next week unfortunately. I’m not all that confident that I’ll be successful for various reasons - I did the best I could but their emphasis was more on education and training and less on disability/health which is my key knowledge base. I had that feeling right from applying so hearing a no wouldn’t come as a shock to me.

Right now I’m 40% the way through my bus trip home

11. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I do the older ones first but USE the newer ones in the month I bought them if it fits what I'm doing. I keep a folder for each month's purchases and as soon as I've downloaded them I put the preview on the file folder so I can see what it is. I'm also a tagger and I do that an hour or two an evening.