Where to host images?

Discussion in 'Help Pad' started by tanteva, Jun 28, 2022.

1. tanteva

tanteva Even the professionals are bewildered

I've been out of the loop for ages - where do you host images, like siggies, to link to in the signature. Made a new one + I wanted to add my pride of the pad blinkie to brag. :)

I don't even remember where I used to have all my siggies and stuff before my hiatus. I've forgotten so much of these things ... I'm getting old & forgetful. LOL

Cath_ likes this.
  2. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Tanteva, you can upload it here to the Lilypad.. that is where your current one is linked :)

Mine is uploaded here to the gallery too :)

3. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

I'm with Christa - I upload the signature to TLP's members gallery, then use that link. Some reminders:

- Hover over your name towards the upper right of the screen. A popup should appear.
    -In the popup, select "Signature."
    -In "Signature" you can add the hyperlink to the gallery image you created for your signature.
    -You can also add additional text and pictures as long as the entire piece follows TLP's rules. More about signatures is located here.

Key thing "Entire signature may be no larger than 600 wide x300 tall."

cfile likes this.
  4. tanteva

tanteva Even the professionals are bewildered

Ok. The one I have now was made for a challenge, that's why it's in the gallery, didn't think it was ok to just upload random signatures without a challenge. The one I have now is a bit big, I wanted to make a smaller.

cfile likes this.
  5. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

@tanteva
    I use Imgur for images that I want to post at other sites or don’t meet the gallery requirements.

tanteva likes this.
  6. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I’m almost certain I use Imgur as well

tanteva likes this.
  7. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Courtney @bestcee shared this information in another thread. Hope it helps you! If you aren't uploading to TLP's gallery, then I suggest using Imgur as others have mentioned.

Siggy details:
    - Signatures must be no larger than 600 x 300. I think that's pretty big, especially with my longer name, so I try to stick to 300 x 150. You can go smaller if you want, just no bigger than the 600 x 300.
    - Signatures can be png or jpeg. If you created a transparent background, use a png file.
    - Signatures can be linked to your gallery. They just need to meet the gallery requirement of 50% Lilypad product.

Updating your signature:
    1. (If your siggie is TLP products :-)) After uploading your signature to the gallery, simply copy the Share BB Code link.
    2. Look up to the right hand corner where your name is, and click on your name. The second link down is "Signature". 3. Click it.
    4. Now you will see your previous signature, or if you've never done one, a blank box. You can type in this box, or you should have an image from the gallery to use. Simply paste in the code from Share BB Code box that you copied earlier.
    5. Once you hit "Insert", you have the option of pressing "Preview" or "Save Changes". I like to preview to see how mine looks, but just make sure you hit "Save Changes" before you leave the screen!

tanteva likes this.
  8. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Imagur and/or Flickr

tanteva likes this.
  9. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Yep. If it qualifies for the gallery, I use TLP gallery. If not, (like my current one) I use imgur.
    And yes. 600 x 300 feels so big with my name!

tanteva likes this.