Where are you, my fitness ladies?

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by Angie4b1g, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

My running has been less than stellar lately, but...

Today I swam 1600 yards! I can't even believe it. When I started I could barely make it from one end of the pool to the other!!

How's it going for you?

2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Not good Angie. Just not good. :(

3. Karen

I mean my fitness... not yours! Yours is amazing as usual! :)

4. heathergw

heathergw Singing in the Neil mobile

Terrible, I can't seem to get motivated, I think I need to sign up for a 10k or something... I've already got the winter funk going on here and it hasn't even started yet... I think because my boys have been sick all fall it seems, sigh... I really should get up early and do a video or something just to help me focus the rest of the day... I need a good swift kick in the butt!!!

5. mrspotts

mrspotts Could I get a planner for my planner?

Awesome job at swimming Angie!

Heather I totally know how you are feeling. My girls have been sick a lot too and severely dampers my mood.

Two more days and I'm cleared to exercise! Yay!

6. amyjaz

amyjaz amyjaz

Oh I've completely sucked it up. Haven't even started my couch to 5k. I need to find a new time to run because my old time is clearly not working.

7. Brandi

Brandi You're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind

Nice Angie! I just started JM's Shred yesterday, and now my butt hurts. So yay! :D

I did find something called Speed Shred while I was reading my Women's Health magazine the other day. Looked it up and it looks like something I might do. You only have to do it 30min./day for 3 days/week.

8. Karen

Okay, it's not my usual 30 day shred, but I walked two miles today. It's a start. My knees have been really hurting lately after doing Jillian. I think I'm doing the moves correctly and not letting my knee go forward over my toes, but holy cow! Ouchy! Perhaps I'm just getting old? NO!!!!!

9. lynning

lynning Makes wishes come true

Fitness?? What fitness?? I was all gangbusters... then the hip thing. Now a pinched nerve in my neck. Ugh! Getting old stinks.

Awesome job on the swimming!! I so wish I could find a pool!

On the bright side, a new gym is opening up in the nearby town where my kids go to school - so I might possibly go check it out when it officially opens and I could see myself driving the kids to school so I could go work out. :) Already talked to hubby about getting a membership... the last gym we joined closed after only 6 months. :( So he's hesitant unless they have a month-by-month plan.

10. aballen

aballen Don't make me break out the milk

Thanksgiving week was not a good one for me, but this week I'm back on track. So far I've been to the gym 3 days this week. I'm working on week 3 of the C25K.

11. stampin_rachel

stampin_rachel The Lost Spice Girl

I still cannot run on my foot - but I have started back with Jillian Michaels. I did 30 day shred, workout 1, two days in a row and I am sore.

12. Ana.Paula

Ana.Paula Ana.Paula

ohhhhh boy it´s so hot here... but i still going to gym and my favorite time there is body combat!

13. NicoleLeBlanc

NicoleLeBlanc Don't make me call your mother! Oh, wait ...

started back with my running routine last week...felt great!

14. heathergw

heathergw Singing in the Neil mobile

I've decided that part of my December Daily is to workout 6 days a week, whether it's going for a run or doing a Jillian workout... I'm evening writing into my Christmas Manifesto for Shimelle's Journal Your Christmas :giggle

15. javamonster

javamonster Rwaarrr!

My motivation flushed down the toilet a few weeks back. I started going again, but with the current interruptions and kids in the house during Thanksgiving week, I got seriously sidetracked. I started Level 3 of the 30DS, and suffered for not doing it consistently. I think I've also been getting bored doing the same thing constantly. So I bought some cheap TaeBo DVDs and plan on moving to those, too. I like JM, but I like variety, too.

16. skyezak

skyezak Member

I actually did my first 10km run yesterday in Melbourne. It was along a beach road and nice and flat and there were about 2000+ ladies running in it to aid raising money for breast cancer. The longest I've run in recent years is 7kms, so finishing the 10kms was a big achievement. I didn't run the whole way as my left leg kept going numb from the knee down so I had to stop now and again as it was just like I had a brick tied to my foot. Need to go get it checked out by an ortho but I made it and all I can do now is try and better my very slow time LOL! I'm running about 7.5min/km.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
  17. tanbanan

tanbanan New Member

Things are going pretty good for me. . . I've been taking a Boot Camp class at my gym, it's keeping me on track!

18. stampin_rachel

stampin_rachel The Lost Spice Girl

19. Jenn Barrette

Jenn Barrette Jenn Barrette

I have this big mental block about exercise right now. I have this horrible sense of loathing about it. LOL I got for a 2-4 hr hike once a week, but that obviously isn't enough. One thing I have started this week, and it might seem a little silly...but I exercise for 10 mins everyday well cooking dinner. I do lunges, girly push-ups, squats, and even keep a set of weights in the kitchen well things are simmering, or in the oven. I look like a weirdo, but I am accomplishing something. The bonus is I don't burn dinner as much as when I go off to check my email/facebook instead.

20. Hanazana1

Hanazana1 Shhhhh!

You´re amazing Angie!!
    I still do workout 3x a week - usually once Freestyler(at gym with instructor http://freestyler.net/ ) and twice Zumba. In winter weather I don´t want to go running...Little lazy, ooosss