When it rains it pours.....

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by littlekiwi, Nov 30, 2021.

1. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Yesterday I had to replace my iphone battery (I always knew that would be needed and had put it off for as long as possible), that fixed some of my phone issues but not all of them so had to then buy a new lightning cable and charging block as well. Then to top it all off, by pure accident I dropped my laptop as I was putting it down, battery fell out (easy fix) but my power pack tip that goes into my laptop was damaged so I'll need to hope it lasts a bit and I can save up - its not a huge cost but when your not expecting it and on a fairly limited income these things hurt.

2. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

Oh no!!! I hate when stuff like that happens. Hopefully it will work for the time being until it gets replaced!

3. littlekiwi

Hoping so, just kicking myself knowing it was 100% preventable if I had looked whether it was in the right place rather than guessing it was in the right place.

4. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Oh no! I'm so sorry. I hate when cords are a problem!!!

5. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Ugh, I detest it when things like that happen and you wish you could just go back a few minutes and change everything! How much is that cord going to be? You're right, even a minimal expense can take out a splurge you were hoping to make on something else.

6. littlekiwi

It’s about $80 which isn’t the end of the world, it’s more that I’ve just spent $90-100 on fixing my phone the exact same day it happened.

7. gonewiththewind

That's still a lot of money to me. No, it's not the end of the world, but UGH. Especially when you thought you were geared up and ready to go with the phone upgrades. I'm crossing all crossables that everything stays working until you get the replacement cord. Sending ((HUGS))

bestcee likes this.
  8. littlekiwi

Thanks. It was just poor timing financially and a totally preventable accident. Doesn’t help I’m still under a fair bit of family stress so even stupid mistakes like this feel like the worst possible thing at the time.

9. gonewiththewind

You're in my thoughts and prayers. You are always so positive in the face of any frustration or stress, and I'm just praying that all the good you put out into the world returns to you a hundred-fold!

10. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

So sorry, Jennifer. That really stinks. Hope your job interview goes well for you this week!

11. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

ACK!!! I hate when stuff like that happens. Fingers crossed that the power pack tip hangs in there until you're ready to replace it.

12. littlekiwi

Interview went well so staying positive for now. Should know more next week.

Karen, cfile and londoncuppa like this.
  13. littlekiwi

I hope so too, hoping in another couple of weeks I can order a replacement so that MOC will go without any issue. Was originally trying to push it out to January then I realised it’s MOC time so that wouldn’t be a wise decision on my part.

cfile likes this.
  14. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Sorry for all the unexpected expenses! Hopefully that'll be the last for awhile! Ask Santa for a new charger! :D

15. littlekiwi

I’ll probably get money for one of my gifts anyway so that wouldn’t be such a bad idea. Might just need to pre purchase it though so I know it’s here before MOC.

Karen likes this.