What's your last fun new purchase?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by RebeccaH, Aug 28, 2016.

1. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

Just wondering.... what was the last fun purchase you made? A new craft supply? A puppy? <3
    For me, it's a new computer... just got it late this week! My old laptop is a dinosaur fax machine, but it was still working, so I kept it going. Now, though, the wifi is failing on it big time, making it nearly impossible to get anything done on it - can't stay connected for internet access or for home network file sharing. Dumb. Sooooo.... after some research trying to find something that is the closest to all the features I wanted, I ordered my new laptop. It's a Linovo Ideapad Flex, so it flips all the way around to a flat tablet as well as being useable as a regular laptop, and anything in between. LOVE that feature. Plus, the specs on it make me happy! The solid state hard drive and separate processor for graphics should make things move MUCH faster for me than my old computer.

However, I'm in the process of backing up and xfring files from my old computer - for a laptop that won't stay connected, this is proving to be quite a tedious challenge. Once that's done, and I can get everything moved to my new computer, I can get back to scrapping again. CANNOT.WAIT.

2. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

I actually went out last night with a friend and her other girlfriends for a night out. I haven't done that in quite some time, and it was lovely. We did a steak dinner, and then a gelato spot. Nice treat!

3. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Yea for a new computer!

We bought a new tv last week. Best Buy had a great deal for their birthday celebration and DH begged for a new big tv. OK, he didn't beg but he sure made it plain that he wanted a new tv and he knew I wouldn't object lol.

4. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

5. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

Not really a thing, but I'll have to say my trip to London last month. Technically, I did buy it. That trip ranks right up there with my trip to Alaska.

6. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

@djp332 London is one of my fave cities and in my opinion, a trip is most definitely a "thing" you bought that you get to remember forever. That's the best! But that may be my wanderlust talking...

RebeccaH likes this.
  7. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

Yes, and when the scrapbook is finished, I'll probably look at it everyday. I was there a week, and I already have 22 double page layouts done. It's going to be a huge book.

8. RebeccaH

@klee73010 awesome! love a good night out with the girls! sounds like you spoiled yourself properly! sometimes that's way better than any "thing" you can buy!

@Tree City my hubby has his eye on the big 4k TV's, but so far, we've not caved. I think once we get our basement finished, though, he's going to break down and buy one for sure!

@Scrapping with Liz I have no idea what an Instant Pot is... I'll have to google it. Whatever it is, I hope it's awesome and makes you happy!!

@djp332 I spent 24 hours in London on a layover flying home from Spain once. The city was lovely (what we were able to see of it in such a short time), and I would love to do a proper trip there some day! I'll be watching the gallery for your pages!

Tree City likes this.
  9. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

Computer for me too!
    My old laptop was failing, like overheating, making a lot of noise, shutting down at random, the battery didn't load anymore and the charger only worked in a certain position. However, I could probably have taken it to a repairer and get it fixed. But I splurged and got myself an iMac. :P

gonewiththewind, bestcee and RebeccaH like this.
  10. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

The laptop sounds awesome! Enjoy it!! I know I'll be having to make that purchase soon. I guess the last thing I purchased other than school supplies is our new little kitten. I honestly took my youngest to the shelter just to pet the animals and love on them a little and somehow one of them made it home with us :giggle

11. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Hmmm.... I think I spent it on family time and fun things to do while we were on vacation. We were in LBI, Va, Md, Washington, and then the Jersey Shore (Lavallette). We did take a DC Duck Tour... on those truck/boat things. LOL!

gonewiththewind likes this.
  12. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

My M3 subscription!!!! I decided to drop out of another subscription at another site and do M3 instead because art journal stuff makes me happy. :dancebun

And, I have decided on my next lens for my camera purchase --- and it just dropped about $70 in price. Sometimes procrastinating pays off! Hope to order it this week. Sigma 18-300mm to replace my kit 70-200mm.

13. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

The last fun new purchase for me was some clothes. I splurged, and I love them!

We bought our 55" Samsung 4k tv from BestBuy in their open box section. It was a $1400 or so tv marked down to $450 because someone bought it, and returned it. Everything was still wrapped up including the remote batteries! In case you have one or a similar store near you. We stalked their open box section for about 2 weeks stopping in every 3 or 4 days. Well worth the savings!

Oh we did one of those in Boston a few years ago. I hope you had fun on it!

gonewiththewind and jk703 like this.
  14. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Nothing fun since I moved out of home in June but last week I went home for a few days and bought a necessary evil - new prescription eyeglasses for $305 instead of $588

15. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

I guess my last fun purchase was new prescription sunglasses. Taking advantage of a 50%off the lenses I managed to get a great Michael Kors frame on sale too.

16. RebeccaH

Oh my gosh @IntenseMagic I'm SUCH a sucker for the babies at the pound!! I can't even let myself go in there because I'll come home with a new creature every time. I'm sure your new family member is loving life with you guys!!

@BevG that was a GREAT move! The entire M3 collection is gorgeous month after month. I hope you enjoy it!!

@jk703 I'm a bit jealous! With our two moves over the summer, and getting ready for the move and selling our house through the late winter and into Spring, vacation didn't happen for us this year. We LOVE our family vacation time - always relaxing and full of great memories. I hope you guys had a great time! Sounds like you hit a lot of locations!!!

jk703 likes this.
  17. RebeccaH

@littlekiwi & @Lindzee... You ladies and your glasses! Those suckers can be SUPER costly!! I skipped on buying mine this year and am still using my scratched up beat up glasses from a few years back. I think next year I'm either going to have to get lasik or i'm going to have to cave in and buy glasses along with my contacts. boo.

Lindzee likes this.
  18. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I don't think two containers of ice cream count...but I did get two Rocky Road cartons yesterday cause they were on sale of $1.88 - of course the containers continue to shrink but...

I am waffling over getting either a new iPad (maybe Pro) or a new (refurbished) MacBookPro. One thing about an iMac is that it certainly doesn't go on vacation with you and we have an upcoming trip.

gonewiththewind likes this.
  19. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

That computer sounds awesome Rebecca! Hope you can get the files transferred and all set up quickly. I always hate that part of a new computer. I always forget something important like my Photoshop styles or fonts or something.

I haven't bought much recently, but I did order a new seam ripper from Amazon the other day and was so amazed that it was only $2.38 and it was still a "Prime" item, so it shipped for free and came in two days. How on earth are they making any money on things like that?

20. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I'm not a coffee drinker or a Starbucks fangirl, but the latest things I bought were the Disneyland and California Adventure "you are here" mugs:

[​IMG]

But even more, was the city mug I got in Sweden this summer:
    [​IMG]

I also got a Dala horse, pig and rooster when I was in Sweden. I love those things so much!