What's your favorite Broadway tune?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by NancyP, Jun 1, 2016.

1. LynnG

LynnG Designer

That's a hard one!

But for 'feel good' you can't go past this one from Annie I think!

Dare you not to dance on your chair :dancebun

enjoyyourpix and jk703 like this.
  2. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

I love musicals especially the ones I've seen on Broadway! Some of my favorites - Phantom, Sunset Boulevard, Les Mis, Jane Eyre. Oklahoma, Cats, Joseph, Wicked, and many more. My current fave is a show my husband & I saw in NYC last November - Something Rotten! No way can I choose just one particular song.

3. enjoyyourpix

enjoyyourpix My mama don't like you

What have I seen? Miss Saigon on tour in LA. I was in college in the nose bleed section so I couldn't actually see the helicopter! I saw The Producers in NYC. On tour in SF, I saw Rent and Lion King. Seasons of Love from Rent is probably my favorite song. Lion King gives me the chills and feels (in a good way) and The Producers was so funny. Honestly can't remember any songs from Miss Saigon.

When I was in high school the ballet company I danced with had some joint agreement with the local college to provide dancers for their music department's performance of songs from Cats. While the songs and musical are quite lovely, I cannot bear listening to them. We performed that piece a good 15 times in front of audiences, spread out over a winter and a summer season. And that was just the finished project. Agh! I can't even stand it any more. All the rehearsals and choreography! I think there is a great reason so much ballet music is just instrumental....

4. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

As I was driving to Milwaukee this morning listening to a cd of musicals, I was reminded of one of my favorites (can't believe I forgot to mention it before) - Man of La Mancha! "To dream the impossible dream..."

yzerbear19 likes this.
  5. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

The soundtrack from Wicked is my top favourite! Followed by Cats and then Phantom :D