What's the last movie you saw in the theaters ?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by la, May 20, 2013.

1. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

I think it was UP. And I cried the whole time and felt like a loser.

2. MissKim

MissKim ichthyophobic

I was thinking I hadn't seen a movie in a theater in a long time. And then my husband reminded me we saw "The Amazing Burt Wonderstone." It was awful, but my DH and friend were laughing so much that I laughed my way through it.

3. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I took the kids to see The Croods in March. Before that I saw Les Miserables and the last Twilight movie. Can't remember which one was last.

My son has a birthday party at the movie theater this weekend and they are going to see Epic. I'll probably take my other son and watch it too. :)

4. sakura-panda

sakura-panda Well-Known Member

The last movie we -- my husband and I -- saw was Oblivion. My mom had been offering to keep the kids for us so that we could go to the movies for our anniversary, but we were busy that weekend and it was a few weeks later before we were able to take her up on her offer. I didn't know anything about it going in -- and I tend to avoid movies with Tom Cruise since I haven't seen one yet that I enjoyed LOL -- but that was the IMAX feature. (You can see we have a sophisticated method for choosing our movies.)

I want to go see Iron Man 3, but I've only seen the first Iron Man. My husband has watched all of the movies that are in the "universe", and I want to at least watch IM2 and Avengers before I go. Hopefully it stays in the theater for a while; with all the end-of-the-year activities, it will be at least a month before I'll be able to watch a movie again, much less watch 2-4 other movies first!

Before kids, we went to a matinee every Sunday. I miss that, but we haven't figured out how to work that back into our schedule. I don't like crowds, so matinees work good, but these days we seem to have something going on every weekend!

5. rmcabana

rmcabana Hit me with your best shot

I saw Star Trek this weekend too - I thought it was pretty great, even though it was so packed I had to sit in the front row! I saw Iron Man 3 the week before - which was also pretty cool! I think it's going to be a good summer for movies!

6. DoodleBop

DoodleBop Just call me Sweetcakes.

We took the kids to see Wreck it Ralph. I haven't been to see an adult movie in years.

7. lauracw

lauracw Gets a funky high on yellow sun

I saw Perks of Being a Wallflower in the dollar theater with my sister a few months ago. (Well, it was a dollar theater when I was in high school...now it's a $2.50 theater, haha!) I love going to movies with my 7 year old, we used to go every time something new for kids came out, but it's been more difficult since her little sister was born. My poor husband works 6 days a week, so if he's got a day off, we usually don't have 4 hours to spare in a theater, but we do family movie night pretty often, we rent stuff from Amazon Instant. Movies are always better when you can watch them in your pajamas!

8. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

Hmm... I guess it was 'The Hobbit.' I went by myself right after work. Best decision ever. :giggle

It's just such a PITA to find someone to watch Miss Monkey since the ILs watch her all through the week while I'm at work that I hate to ask them to watch her even more. I could do it when I'm visiting my parents, but I don't usually have time as we're trying to pack in visiting and events and holidays in just a couple days at a time.

9. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

Ohhh I saw The Hobbit, so I guess it was that. Lol

10. nativescrapper

nativescrapper nativescrapper

the last thing we watched at the theaters would be OZ. I so wanna watch croods though.

11. kim21673

kim21673 I'm slowly getting there!

I made DH go see Safe Haven with me!!! That's the last non-kid movie we have seen at the theater in a long time!!!

Hubby is suppose to be taking the two older boys to see Iron Man...I will stay home with Little D!!

12. mlewis

mlewis mlewis

Because of kids and budget, we don't go nearly as often as I'd like, but we did see Iron Man 3 last week and thoroughly enjoyed it!

13. Brandy

Brandy I love, well, everything

I don't see 3D movies for that reason. Me and Owen saw Iron Man 3 two weekends ago. We both <3'd it lol. I'm hoping to see Fast 6 on Friday/Saturday.

14. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

We saw The Great Gatsby in 3D and it was amazing! It started out slow but the 3D was great but then the story just took off and the scenery and costumes were so engaging that we sort of forgot that it was 3D. We don't often go to the movies but I'm glad we saw this one. Of course, it didn't hurt that Leo DiCaprio was in it :)

15. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

42 two weeks ago, and Star Trek: Into the Darkness (2D)... both were excellent! We have a Cinema Café here, where you eat a meal and watch the movie... We usually go to the early matinee, it has reduced ticket price and when we go during the week for a lunch time movie, we practically have the place to ourselves! Schools are now starting to close now for Summer so it may be a little more crowded - but I love the Cinema Café !

PS I get headaches from 3D movies too... no 3D Movies or TV for us here!

Last edited: May 23, 2013
  16. joelsgirl

joelsgirl joelsgirl

I'M GOING TO SEE FAST AND FURIOUS TONIGHT!!! Assuming we can get tickets, of course. I've been waiting for this moment for the last year, when I finally got around to watching #5 and discovered that Michelle Rodriguez's character is still a-freakin-live.

We saw the Croods back in March. I used to love watching a movie at the theater because in Malaysia they had caramel popcorn, and it was super cheap. It's more expensive here, no caramel popcorn OR fountain drinks, and I have to pay $5 for Ariana to sleep on my lap during the movie. : ( But we're going kid free tonight, and I'm so exciteD!

17. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

We saw the Croods back in March, and before that we saw the Lorax (almost a full year before). I'm not found of (going out to) the movies anymore...here tickets are around $13 - 15 per movie, so a family of 4 is around $60 for the tickets alone. You can buy 3 movies for that kind of cash. I just can't get past how expensive it has all become.

I confess, I usually bring in my own food (candy bars from the grocery store at a fraction of the cost of buying them at the theatre, apple slices, carrot sticks, etc). We do get a large pop + popcorn to share (for all 4 of us!) and then get a couple refills during the movie.

18. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

Silver Lining's Playbook. And I LOVED it. I think the theater experience made it even better... it was great to hear everyone laughing at the same weirdo stuff I was laughing at. We had actually gone to the theater that day with the intentions of seeing the new Oz movie, but it was sold out. We decided on a whim to give SLP a try. Ended up, we were both SO glad Oz had been sold out because we both loved the movie so much! Good stuff!

19. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

The whole family went to see The Hobbit ... HUGE LOTR fans in my family :D

20. nockosh

nockosh googy eggs for everyone!!!

family movie - the croods
    adult movie - what to expect when you're expecting