What's going on in your world? | Pad Patter 7/21

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by jk703, Jul 21, 2022.

1. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Thanks! He's doing well! We were lucky!
    Woah, that accident sounds scary! I'm glad you get to get a new one and that you will be in a safer van! Not a fun experience, but so glad you guys are ok!
    Happy Anniversary! We just hit 20 years! Time is flying, and I'm still laughing and having fun as much as possible!
    We don't start back till September, and I'm not really ready yet. lol! I'll hold off for that month! :)

Thanks! We were lucky it wasn't worse!
    Oh goodness - finding out months later - I hope we don't experience more issues down the road. He did have rib paid, but the scans didn't show anything. The x rays of his legs and hips seemed to be ok too! I do worry it will hurt later down the road with aches and pains.
    You must get out and take time for you!

2. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

July has been crazy. It started out just fine with a visit from our daughter, son-in-law, and Molly. Then my son-in-law and I tested positive for Covid during their second week of the visit. 5 days later we were negative, just in time for them to fly back home. We followed them to their place via the Auto Train. All was fine until my son-in-law, Molly, and I all tested positive again. Ugh! The next day Becky had her total gastrectomy, just like her dad had last year. Damn stomach cancer is literally attacking my family. Her surgery went well and she’s on her way do a full recovery. When she got home, she tested positive for Covid. So everyone but my husband had it. It was not fun. I have not scrapped at all this month, but in between being a full time caregiver for Molly and being sick, I’ve read ten books. I’m in Pittsburgh for another week before we go home. I can’t wait to sleep in my own bed again.

3. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Oh boy Donna... hoping all are on their way to being healthy! So much going on! We've had two in our house that had it and two that have not.... over Christmas last year though.

10 books is fantastic! Especially being sick and taking care of Molly! I'm in the middle of Verity by Colleen Hoover. What a book! I'm at 81 so far this year, but I'm a super fast reader! Safe travels home!

4. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

July 13th my husband and I flew from Wisconsin to Vancouver and enjoyed two and a half days there. We visited with friends of mine. My nephew and family drove up from Washington to visit with us as well. Then we boarded our cruise to Alaska that was 2 years delayed. We had a wonderful time on the cruise! The scenery was so beautiful! When we arrived at Seward, AK, we transferred to a bus and began a land tour going north to Anchorage, Denali National Park, then on to Fairbanks by train. We were incredibly lucky and had two clear days so that we could actually see Denali. As the highest mountain on the continent it creates its own weather pattern & many times it's cloud-covered.

We got home on the 26th and unfortunately came home with an unwelcome souvenir testing positive for Covid. But we both have had very mild symptoms and we're just quarantining for a few more days.