What's going on in your world? | Pad Patter 7/21

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by jk703, Jul 21, 2022.

1. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Hi Everyone!

What's going on by you this week? Just a simple check in! :)

Me: A lot. It doesn't seem to end, but I'm busy that's for sure. Running around with my head cut off!

So, I do Wordle every day, and that is a constant! :giggle Then it gets hectic! Work, sleep....Then this week....

Peter fell off an 8-10 foot ladder at work - ACK - that was a crazy night and all is ok. Huge bruises, ribs, legs, all over... but nothing broken. Whew. Then I had my grandmothers 100th birthday party, a One Republic concert (amazing!!!), movie night with my book club to see the Crawdad Movie (really good), an Alanis Morrissette concert tonight, a friends birthday meet up tomorrow, and chores at my parent's house over the weekend/beach day.

I'm tired already, but laughing cause most of it's fun!

And you???

weaselwatchr and SeattleSheri like this.
  2. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Yikes! Falling off a ladder sounds scary!

Next week is my last full week of summer vacation before going back to work. I don't have much planned, and that's great to me. I'm going to enjoy just relaxing.

We're having a new washer delivered today. Our 13 year old one decided it can no longer spin.

weaselwatchr, SeattleSheri and jk703 like this.
  3. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Oh gosh! I'm so glad your hubby is going to be okay... still sounds so scary. And holy cow! You weren't kidding about being busy! I'm tired just reading everything you've been doing! Lol. My book club also wants to go see the Crawdads movie, so I'm glad to hear that it's a good one! I think we're going next week.

We've had a couple of low key weekends recently, which is awesome, because the first part of the summer was super busy for us too with graduation party stuff and a camping trip. Tomorrow we have a fancy work party to go to after work, so that should be fun and then the following weekend we are going camping again. After that we don't have a lot of anything extra planned and will just be getting my son all packed up and moved to college at the end of August.

SeattleSheri and jk703 like this.
  4. tanteva

tanteva Even the professionals are bewildered

5. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

So far this week.. I've had a heart echo.... a 48 hour heart monitor, ... a botox injection in the back of my skull to hopefully help dull my headaches... found out my new hire wants to quit and put in his notice leaving Me with a staff of 2.. my alterations on my wedding gown are done. .. planning a second engagement wedding shoot since I won a free one we are gonna do some in the river on the beach.. doing lots and lots of last minute wedding planning.. it's coming up fast ... and looking for a new job that will hire me.. and looking for a good lawyer to fight my old job. So . Keeping quite busy

6. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

It's the last week of the school term.
    I'm busy sewing at the moment. I've finished 1 of 2 dresses, and made 4 pump pouches for my son. Then I've got the church banners to do - but am having difficulties sourcing the backing fabric.

7. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

Glad your hubby is going to be okay.

A couple of weeks ago my 93 y.o. father recently decided to climb up on a desk to try and change out a damaged ceiling tile ... he got dizzy, may have blacked out ... fell off the desk, landed on the couch, then flipped onto the floor (concrete slab with thin commercial carpet on top) ... amazingly he only suffered bruising and some cuts. He's still sore as the dickens, but he never learns.

Not much going on here otherwise ... work, home ... lather, rinse, repeat.

Oh, I did finally call my bestie last night who lives across the country from me. We hadn't talked in months, so that was fun.

8. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Been a crazy busy week this week as I had a virtual job interview on Wednesday. I won’t know whether I’m successful for that role for a further week or two. In the meantime I have another 3 jobs to apply for so no rest for the wicked here!

On the home/family front, approximately a week and a half ago my grandma’s care facility got put into a snap lockdown due to an increase in COVID cases then just over a week ago we got word that she had COVID which meant isolation for a further 7+ days - she has dementia so isolating was tough, we would get anywhere from 1-2 calls through to 30+ everyday. Luckily it appeared to be a fairly mild case and she tested negative this past Tuesday (3 days ago) and was able to “rejoin the world” again much to the families relief

9. jk703

Enjoy your week! Relaxing sounds wonderful!
    Excitement for a washer is so funny! I have also been excited for appliances. That is when I knew I was an adult, lol!
    He was super lucky... it was scary in general!

10. jk703

Me too! He was lucky! LOL! Go Go Go... lately I feel like an Energizer Bunny! We go camping the 29th, I'm excited about that too! :P Ugh... trying to figure out college and our path for Shayne! It stresses me out!
    Have fun camping and at the fancy dinner! YUM!

11. jk703

tanteva likes this.
  12. jk703

Lots going on! A mix of tough stuff and fun stuff! Hoping the botox helps! I didn't know it was used that way. Wishing you relief! You'll wonder what to do with yourself after the wedding... like a Now What?! LOL! Yay for winning and engagement shoot! We didn't have one of those... I hope they turn out beautiful!

dotcomkari likes this.
  13. jk703

For homeschool? or you are on a school calendar that runs all year with breaks in between? I wish I knew how to sew. At least more than a button. Some of the creations I see are amazing! What is a pump pouch? I loved going into Joanne Fabrics to see all the styles and textures!

Angela Toucan likes this.
  14. jk703

15. jk703

Oh gosh! That's scary too! Peter was at least at work, and close to the hospital - and he's 45.
    Besties are the best! I have a couple that no matter the time/distance, any time we talk we just jump right in like no time had past!

Memaw2Wm likes this.
  16. jk703

Covid is jumping in numbers around me. I hope she is doing better and has no lasting health issues!
    Good Luck with the job hunt! I hope you find the best job out there that will make you happy!

17. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

The school year in the UK runs differently to the US. Autumn Term: Beginning Sept- Christmas, Spring Term: Beginning Jan - Before Easter, Summer Term: After Easter - End July. Each Term is split in two with a 1 week 1/2 term break.

Two of my teenagers wear insulin pumps. The pouch is something to carry it in, a padded zipped pocket attached to a belt.

jk703 likes this.
  18. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I had 5 Ring cameras installed yesterday (4 cameras and a video doorbell). Still have one more doorbell to get installed. That will be done later today. I ran a bunch of errands this morning. Should have gone to the chiropractor but I'll do that tomorrow since today is his afternoon off.

I'm also checking in with my cousin daily since I can't be there with her in her time of mourning. No set plans have been made for anything for her son. They do know that he will be cremated and only the immediate family will be there when they scatter them in a place that was special to him. They are thinking about a Celebration of Life but the other son is having a hard time and doesn't want to see lots of people just yet. The 2 boys were just 14 months apart and more like twins. They even worked together. My cousin is thinking of coming to see us so that she can actually spend time with us since there will be so many people at any gathering that we wouldn't be able to spend time with her. We are her family members that live the closest to her and I think she needs us even though she has her DH's family and lots of friends where she lives.

So right now just cherishing any time spent with any loved ones because you never know when they will no longer be around.

19. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

Trying to get ready for a vacation (2nd week of August) paying job need to get ahead and housework that needs to be done so that I come home to a clean house.

We have had a bad weeks with family members passing - Saturday my husband's sister passed away and then Thursday my aunt passed away.

The good thing for this week is that one of my granddaughter's made the high school soccer team. She has worked so hard over the last few weeks with conditioning and I am glad her work paid off.

It has been hot here in the Midwest so trying to survive the heat but we know that in just a few short months we will be saying we are cold.

jk703 and SeattleSheri like this.
  20. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

You have been busy!! Poor Peter! Hope he is doing ok!!
    But, I know what you mean. I keep thinking I'm going to get a summer vacation break and it seems like something comes up every single day!

I spent the first week after summer school cleaning out my shed, laundry room and back porch that had been seriously neglected.

I finally had a hair appt this week, but had to go in for a full day of training the next day. Today I spent 3 hours at my mom's trying to figure out what's wrong with her tv. I can only think that she needs a new cable box...hers is really old. She was ready to go buy a new tv, but the dvd player and firestick work just fine. I told her that it can't be an issue with the tv. I'm also dog sitting for the next week while my son and his family are off on a Disney Cruise.

Oh, and I walked outside this morning to find one of my brand new tires flat as can be :( Now I have to get it changed or inflated and call Walmart about getting it fixed. It has a nail in it, and I did buy the road hazard warranty when I had the new tires put on, so now I just have to find out when they can fix it.

We are leaving on vacation on the 31st and I am soooo ready to get away. It just makes me sad that I go back to work a week after we get back. UGH.

And omgosh, I want to go to the OneRepublic concert soooo bad!! Want to come down here and go with me? No one else seems to want to go :/

jk703 and SeattleSheri like this.