Whats for dinner?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by NancyP, Jan 19, 2018.

1. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

Just took my salmon loaf and cheesy scalloped potatoes out of the oven and popped in a lemon, pineapple dump cake to have for dessert later on. YUM!! I am starved!! FINALLY after 15 years I am getting the hang of cooking for one or two, but its hard! I give more food away to my kids and grandkids because I made too much. Tonight I made a small salmon loaf and about a half portion of scalloped potatoes. I won't have to cook tomorrow. Of course I am sure about half the dump cake will end up at my son's house!!! I am slowly taking many of my favorite recipes and rewriting them for one or two.

JenniferJ likes this.
  2. JenniferJ

JenniferJ Ain't nothing that a Krispy Kreme can't fix

Yum sounds good! Mom and I had salmon stew for lunch. For supper the hubs and I are having leftovers from last night...salisbury steak, baked mac n cheese and butter beans. I know what you mean about cooking for just two. It's hard!

3. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

I'm one of seven kids that was only used to cooking large. It's such a learning curve trying to cook for two.

IDK what is for dinner. I think I want Mexican food.

Sokee likes this.
  4. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I'm glad I like leftovers because my mom has told me it's hard to cook for two too. Although my husband and I did it for 5 years before we had kids, so I think we can do it again.

Anyway, to answer the question, as I type this I'm eating a yummy chicken salad open faced sandwich with arugula on toasted garlic sourdough bread.

I have an old recipe for salmon patties made with teriyaki sauce and canned salmon. I haven't made it in a long time; I should do that! Thanks for the reminder!

5. NancyP

My secret in my salmon loaf is 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce and 1/2 tsp spicy mustard.

michelepixels likes this.
  6. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

easy peasy Friday night
    hot dogs with grilled buns and tater tots! and brownies!
    vegetable
    ketchup and relish
    lol
    oh yeah and
    sauerkraut

cookingmylife likes this.
  7. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Spaghetti and meatballs. The meatballs were made last month, and have hung out in the freezer so it'll be easy peasy!

8. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Bob Evans breakfast... pancakes and hash browns.

My cousin and I haven't been able to get together for a couple of weeks so we decided to meet for dinner and catch up with everything going on at her house. She is updating some things in preparation to sell this spring.

bestcee likes this.
  9. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

Is dinner required on Friday nights?!!? I don't think I got that memo LOL!!

I honestly have no.idea. I guess it'll be one of those fend for yourself kinda nights.

bestcee likes this.
  10. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Salmon sounds amazing!! I don't typically cook on Friday nights, we either do pizza or fend for yourself. Tonight I am really hungry so I threw some frozen chicken breasts in the pressure cooker with a jar of salsa and we're going to shred it and throw it in some tortillas here in a little bit with some rice on the side :)

busywoman139 and bestcee like this.
  11. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

Almost dinner time here! Burgers with roasted red pepper, chipotle mayo and havarati!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  12. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

This is how I feel about Saturday!

bbymks5 likes this.
  13. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

Maybe it can be a whole weekend of fend for yourself?!?!

bestcee likes this.
  14. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

My kinda gal! and ketchup praise be and not mustard.

15. cookingmylife

@IntenseMagic Friday is often our Pizza night but we had pizza Weds cause dh was visiting a friend near another Ledo location. Tonight it was just me and I did make a 'multi-ethnic' meal. Last night I made SE Asian chicken patties/burgers which we had with broccoli. I had two patties I left to cook tonight as he's on his way to FL.

I toasted corn tortillas with refried black beans and grated Colby cheese on top. Then I squashed the sautéed chicken burger on top. Damn good if I say so myself. While the chicken burger is usually a bit ad hoc, I'll find the basic recipe.

bestcee and IntenseMagic like this.
  16. NancyP

Ohhhh, gotta have the sauerkraut!! I throw a jar of sauerkraut in the slow cooker, add a couple chopped up apples and a couple beef sausages cut in pieces. Let that puppy simmer for about 4 house and----YUM!!!

Just tried my lemon pineapple dump cake----OH YEAH!!! That is going into "My Favorites"!!! Of course it is in a 9 x 13 pan which is WAY too much for me, so half of it will be going back across the state when my son goes back to work Sunday night. He only gets home weekends so I try to bake something for him to take back for the week.

bestcee likes this.
  17. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

I just put spaghetti pie in the oven. The grandkids are here all weekend so I am making foods they will like. Ditto on Saturday, we have pizza or teriyaki.

18. NancyP

@IntenseMagic Yep, I also have a pizza night now and then------right from Little Caesar's Pizza!!!!!

@HavaDrPepper Ohhhh, My favorite restaurant! Wish we had one here. I think the nearest one is about 3 hours away. Oh well, I chose to live in the boonies.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  19. cookingmylife

ok @NancyP How bout coming up with that cake recipe? pleeeeeze

bestcee likes this.
  20. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

DH made a homemade kielbasa and cabbage soup with beans and potatoes added. It was so yummy and perfect for this cold I've got.