what would you do?

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by RebeccaH, Dec 28, 2013.

1. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

Okay ladies, I'm working to knock out 2013, and I am 2 weeks away from being able to print my 3rd quarter book (July-Sept).

BUT.

These months include a rather big family event for which I have a TON of photos!! We have a big family reunion day, and get a family picture, plus go swimming and grill out and play on a blow-up water slide thing that my parents rent. I seriously have about 500 pictures from that day.

I'm debating whether to try to whittle those photos down to a few great ones and do a few pages in my PL album of that day, or whether to showcase more of the photos by doing an entire separate album. I need to decide so that I can finalize my Q3 album one way or the other.

2. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I think I would do a PL spreads, a few, and
    then do another full book of that event.
    That Reunion book would be such a fantastic gift to give!
    If you do the photos large enough and fonts larger than 18 or 24 point, you can go smaller on the event book 10x10 or even 8x8 and give as gifts to more peeps!

3. staciahall

staciahall Quidditch, anyone?

Have you considered a couple of collage pages so that you can use a lot of photos and not have to whittle down to just a few?

4. heathergw

heathergw Singing in the Neil mobile

^^^ This is what I'd do...

5. mlewis

mlewis mlewis

The for this. I did it for our big family reunion trip this summer and it felt so good to just get them memories/photos documented an printed.

6. rmcabana

rmcabana Hit me with your best shot

I think it sounds like it's own album! And I agree it would make a great gift! I did a book just on my grandma's 80th birthday and it was a big hit with the fam!

7. Nixenkind

Nixenkind Dreaming of boiling in Brisbane.

Definitely sounds like a separate album- that's what I would do, too.

8. Ink and Pixels

Ink and Pixels Active Member

What Anne said! I love when I can get a two-fer out of a project.. Giving it as a gift and completing it for myself! (Usually helps me to actually get it done quicker too). You can always share the link for extended family to order their own book on shutterfly too if it's too many. :)

9. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

okay, I ended up including a few of the pics in my weekly spread, but did not do any extra pics in my PL album... mostly because my coupons and sales are about to expire TODAY, and I needed to get D.O.N.E. But I DO LOVE :beat the gift album idea!! So I will be doing a photo album - mostly just photos, rather than a bunch of layouts - with all of the family day pictures... so I don't think I will miss the photos too terribly in my PL album.