What made you fail or succeed?

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by lmccandless, Jan 2, 2012.

1. listgirl

listgirl listgirl

I completed P365 in 2009 because of the following:
    1) My little Canon pocket camera that I had (still have) in my purse at all times. Taking a photo a day was not a problem.
    2) Uploading my photo(s) from the day onto the computer almost every day.
    3) Adobe Lightroom - this really saved my bacon. I was able to process photos quickly in batches and tag them. I created export presets so that I had blog-sized photos with a click of a button. This made blogging it every day so much easier.
    4) My only goal was blogging my photo(s) every day. I started scrapping 2-page weekly spreads and quit in May because I didn't love it and it was too much P365.

In 2011 I started Project Life and fell behind. I still have to finish about 3 months worth. I think the reason I fell behind are:
    1) Perfectionism - wanting my album to look perfect instead of just getting it done.
    2) Too many photos. My weekly spread became 4 pages regularly. I tried to make my album a comprehensive record of my life instead of just snippets.
    3) Too much inspiration. There's such a thing? For me there was. I took too much time looking at what other people were doing with their PL album instead of just spending time getting mine done.
    4) Blogging my pages. While it's awesome to share them on my blog, it's not necessary for ME. It just meant taking too much time to photograph the pages and writing about them, and not enough time getting the pages done.

So I'm starting my Project Life 2012 again and plan to make it a priority to keep up to date. Then go back and finish my 2011 as I have spare time. This will make me feel less like a failure, LOL!

2. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

LOVE this idea!!!

3. bderby

bderby No, I will not tell you what "merde" means!

I did not know that you could create Export presets. there is so much to learn about lightroom!

4. Tracyfish

Tracyfish President of the not-so-clean plate club

I've done P365/P52 for the past 3 years digitally.

Things that made it work for me:
    *Always having a camera handy
    *Starting a template at the beginning of each week and putting in photos and journaling at least every two nights.
    *Adding the embellishments and papers to finish up the template at the end of the week before starting the next week.
    *Knowing how much I loved the previous year's book :)

5. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

*waves* Hi Tracy! I've seen your P365 for years and I have always thought it was so cool! I can't wait to see what you do with PL. Glad to see you here. :)

6. Tracyfish

Tracyfish President of the not-so-clean plate club

:) Hi Laura!