What is your scrapping "TALENT"?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Aussiegirl, Feb 14, 2023.

1. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

Yes! If I could pick a talent I think consistency would be it! My mojo is very up and down. I always love your pages - simple but also fun use of kits and embellishments!

2. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

Yes... your shadows are amazing! Your pages are captivating, I think the shadows add so much!

ArmyGrl likes this.
  3. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

My talent is storytelling I think. I have very, very few pages without a story on them somewhere.

Other than that, it's up in the air! Or, maybe it's being mistaken for a paper scrapper? LOL! I'm not sure that's a talent, but it cracks me up when it happens.

Nemla likes this.
  4. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

What a great thread! I think most people would say I'm known for shadowing and clustering, but I see my strength as my technical proficiency with Photoshop. I've been making all of my own styles, actions and shapes (with the exception of stitching actions) since I started using Photoshop. I am also very conscientious of layer order, depth (how shadows and lighting should be manipulated), etc.

Regarding templates, I love the design inspiration, but always spend a lot of time re-ordering the layers, applying my own shadows/lighting, etc. It's definitely not always a faster way of scrapping for me. I can lift a template/page faster than using the layered file.

Since the topic of speed came up, I will say I am not a super fast scrapper. I feel so rushed in every other aspect of my life, so it's the one thing that I do to decompress. It's common for me to work on a page on and off over days.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2023
  5. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Clean and simple. and Art journaling in a simpler style. That must be it I think.
    Also I love using papers as an element,but that is just a preference,rather than a talent.
    That being said, it takes me about an hour,or even two , to do a clean and simple page.... fast is not one of my talents....:eyeroll

Last edited: Feb 20, 2023
  6. Aussiegirl

Aussiegirl Why yes, I CAN help you get to Disney!

My word girl! It can take me 20 minutes just to find photos I want to use! You go!!!

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  7. Aussiegirl

That's neat that your talents seem to be changing constantly! And I do think it's a talent to be easygoing about your scrapping! That way you aren't over thinking things or questioning what you are doing!

michelepixels likes this.
  8. Aussiegirl

Definitely a talent! I'm very impressed with how you stay on top of your scrapping!

9. Aussiegirl

That is pretty special! Pretty impressive too! :)

tjscraps likes this.
  10. Aussiegirl

I think having fun could be your talent. Or maybe being able to adapt to many different styles to complete a layout! That could be your talent! :)

tanteva likes this.
  11. Aussiegirl

From interactions I have had with you in the past, my talent for you would have been trying new techniques. I feel you never shy away from trying something new! At least that is how I perceive you!

jk703 likes this.
  12. Aussiegirl

That's great! And see, this thread just shows you that even though we have this common creative outlet, we all go about it in totally different areas! Yours can be having fun trying them all!

13. Aussiegirl

I feel we can all find our weaknesses or flaws waaaaayyyyy too easily! But actually admiting or finding something we are good at....that is a real challenge sometimes!

14. Aussiegirl

Oh too fun! I've sometimes seen layouts in the gallery and wondered, is that paper! I feel my layouts "look" digital to me, but I'm ok with that!

bestcee likes this.
  15. scrapchyck

scrapchyck Well-Known Member

Back in the day I was known as a killer scraplifter, but now I'd say it's how I use items from a variety of designers to create a cohesive design.

16. designbylime

designbylime Definitely a cat person.

I love one kit style even if I sometimes uses a lot from different kits. I'm messy but love to make clean pages. Love artsy pages, like templates because I must be in the box and that is fun too. I think I maybe like all styles :D

Last edited: Feb 21, 2023