What does "Coming Home" mean to you?

Discussion in 'MOC 2023 - Coming Home' started by Sara, Dec 31, 2022.

1. crlin

crlin Well-Known Member

I guess I'm not too sure what coming home is to me! I have lived in the same place for over 50 years. I do know I have a hard time getting going on my scrapping, such as trips we have taken and family. I have thousands of photos and I guess I'm overwhelmed in trying to organize them! Coming home is to get started and take baby steps in organizing and getting things scrapped! Looking forward to MOC!

Becca Bonneville and Sara like this.
  2. crazsquaw

crazsquaw I can totally make that...

As far as Coming Home and MOC... I have been away for a few years, and missed scrapping! So this month I am working my way back into it, hoping my mojo increases again and I get back into my creative space ♥

Becca Bonneville, cfile and Sara like this.
  3. wvufan04

wvufan04 Well-Known Member

Coming Home - oh this is a question that has so many varied answers for me...home is never really a specific place for me, it never really has been in most of the sense of the word, but there are places that are "home" that have never been my home (my grandma's house for example always feels home - it has always been the same since I was a kid while our houses never have been the same being a military brat growing up...then a military wife) but so much of home is just the people I am with, it is family and the framily we share life with, coming home is reconnecting with those people that often life forces us to be distant from geographically. For scrapping though I hope that for MOC it is about finding the time to just scrap for me - to tell the stories of my family, yes of course because I want to share those stories, to take the time to relish in the small details, the little moments, the history bits and pieces - and remember that while these pages will be left for others to read and enjoy if they wish...it is just fine if no one ever does and I simply create them because I enjoy them and it is something that helps me to focus on the good things in life, to heal from the hard parts, reflect on the moments I need to learn and grow from. And I feel like I have been so absent the last several months from scrapping that I am so looking forward to trying to make this a priority for the month

4. jaye

jaye My other car is a Zamboni!

Coming home for me is getting the story out, the memorable little tidbits from just a basic event. It’s about being comfortable and feeling secure where you are. The favourite worn jogging pants, baggy sweatshirt and slippers topped off with your cherished coffee mug.

5. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

This is definitely a "coming home" year for me. My fiance is starting a new job and moving to town (and in with us!) this month so that is exciting & will be a literal homecoming. All of us transitioning into a full-time family unit over the course of the next 12 months will be a different kind of coming home as will our wedding this autumn.

6. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

What a wonderful new adventure you’re about to embark on, Bethany! I wish you a safe, easy move. Can’t wait to see all your Thailand layouts!

bjthomas likes this.
  7. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

Beautiful, Cynthia! When I think of The Pad as my home community, you and your incredible love for us are such an intrinsic part of what makes The Pad’s heart beat. :heartlub

8. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

For me, coming home means feeling comfortable, feeling welcome, which I have always felt with this wonderful community, both from the designers, staff and members. I venture out into the digi world but always come back home here to TLP. I've been a member since 2010. TLP is my family.

Becca Bonneville likes this.
  9. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

I'm still feeling I can't fully "come home" with scrapbooking because my brain/body/everything has just been off since becoming a mom to 2 & now nanny-ish for my sister's 2. I don't have the time, or if I do have the time I don't have the brain power or energy. Coming home though here, at The Lilypad, means I'm accepted, flaws & failings & all. But I want it to be where I can come back & fully engage & get this outlet back for me. I need the connection again.

Coming home means this place will be here for me when I can do that.

For now, coming home in January for MOC means I'm going to try! It's always been a push to scrap even after a long hiatus. My brain never shuts off on photos & memory keeping even if the latter is put aside for periods at a time.

I LOVE this place!

KarenC likes this.
  10. mywisecrafts

mywisecrafts Pollywog

Sure, coming home can mean a lot of different things. When it comes to our art, it is about getting back and incorporating the things that I love most. For me, that really means one thing.....MORE HYBRID. I've always loved the different textures, the feel and the smell of the paper and I'm more committed to completing actual albums when I work with paper. I am a person who loves as much of the creative gadgetry as possible and when I work hybrid it lets me pull in USE all these fabulous gadgets, stamps, inks, paints, etc that I have vs having to choose between one approach or the other.

lulyg14 likes this.
  11. fruitysuet

fruitysuet Well-Known Member

It's been wonderful reading how this simple phrase means so many different things to different people.

Literally, coming home is an emotive subject for me right now. At the end of November we finally sold our home of almost 35 years which allowed myself and my husband to physically split after being emotionally split for several years. I've been totally bereft since then, not helped by the fact that I've temporarily moved in with my Dad and two of my adult children and my cats have (also temporarily) moved in with their Dad and my third adult child has moved into a new home of her own. Although I have a roof over my head, in my heart I feel homeless. I have, yesterday, finalised the purchase of a new house so over the next month or so I will be working on getting that ready to move into and getting two of my adult kids and my cats back together again. Also sad that my Mum didn't live long enough to see this and also that my new family home will not be home to my other daughter.

Scrapping wise, I've loved the focus on story telling and want to do more of that. I've been woefully neglectful of doing anything fun to photograph and document and my 'kids' take photos but rarely send me any. I've got to get better at doing this so I can focus on moving on with my life in a joyful way and then re-live those moments by scrapping about them.

ninigoesdigi likes this.