What do you want to know about Hybrid?

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by KatrinaHunt13, Aug 3, 2016.

1. KatrinaHunt13

KatrinaHunt13 And *POOF* it appeared!

Ok, I know there is a Hybrid forum, but I thought I might get more responses here!!!

As a new hybrid Polly, I want to make sure I inspire you to want to try hybrid at least once! I am not saying I am an expert by any means, but I want to get the hybrid people out of lurking mode!!!!

What do you want to know about doing hybrid, trying hybrid, or just learning additional things about hybrid? Would you like to see layouts, pocket pages, cards, projects, etc? How to save on paper/ink, etc? Silhouette tricks? Working with templates in Silhouette?

If you are too shy or don't want to post publicly, send me a private message. I don't mind a bit!

This goes to the designers of the store also! Just throwing things out there!

Let me know! Honestly, I was stuck in a rut a little when I was just doing traditional scrapping and when @Scrapping with Liz asked me to be on her team to work her templates with traditional and digi supplies/hybrid it brought an entire new level and excitement to my creating!

I love the "family" here at the Pad and I want to help you create and learn new stuff and I might just learn too!

HUGS!

Scrapping with Liz likes this.
  2. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

I would love to see any Silhouette tricks you can share! I pretty much know how to do the "kiss cut, print planner stickers thing" (Just Jaimee's video she shared last year) and that is it! Lame I know.

I don't really do hybrid scrap pages but am not opposed to the idea and really want to find new uses for my Portrait.

Seeing how you create pages from digi templates sounds cool too. Congrats on your new role here at the Pad! :beat

KatrinaHunt13 likes this.
  3. KatrinaHunt13

@jenn mccabe Uh, the template creating pages rocks my world!!!!! And there are ways to do it to save ink, etc by dragging papers in, filling in etc!

I will put it on the list!

bestcee and jenn mccabe like this.
  4. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Just about anything will help me at this point! I would love to see you make a hybrid page with one of my templates, too ~ I've done it once and would love to do it again, and I'm sure you have tips and tricks and shortcuts.

I especially would like to know about the best paper, saving ink, etc.

So glad you are here and delighted you are so helpful to us!

5. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

How long does it take you to do a page, start to finish? How do you store your completed pages, especially if they are a little bulky? Do you hide journaling inside folded paper or prefer writing on the page, or typing it up first? How do you take a template to make a paper layout?

6. KatrinaHunt13

Woot! These will make great topics for my blog posts!! Thank you!!! Watch for one this month!

Yay!!! So glad you are excited! And your templates will definitely be used some!

gonewiththewind likes this.
  7. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

Also, what tools do you use, if any? I remember from my paper scrapping days, I needed tools to set eyelets and embossing plates... lol

8. KatrinaHunt13

Haha!! No eyelets here!!! But I am a BIG doily user...almost every page has one. I get tease about it! I can put a doily on just about anything!!!

I need to show how you can use a laser printer, a laminator and the new foil craze with digital stuff also!!!!

9. Mylinn

Mylinn What's that old bat up to now??

I'd love some info from the other direction - how best to scan photos, rl AJ pages, etc into my pc. My printer can scan, I've just not liked the quality the few times I've tried it. Perhaps some words about copyright rules if one intends to scan in a store bought item - is giving credit in comments enough? Whole thing verboten?

What about a forum thread similar to the wonderful one by @scrappyjedi jedi (here) with a list of places one can look for hybrid projects on our site? Basically a list with a clickable link - one could add to the list themselves if they add a project/idea/tutorial or I'd volunteer to update it monthly while I'm around. Or is this easily done via the search engines? Ohh, pintrest board?

I do almost nothing non-digital but love the things I see (made some cards and a few game like things for the grandkiddos). There is so much I need to learn! So, yes please :)