What do I need? Enable me please!

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by 4noisyboys, Jan 31, 2012.

1. 4noisyboys

4noisyboys Being a Grandma is the best!

I really feel so out of it...I didn't realize there were all these things I was going to need to do PL except buying the core kit and plastic pages. I should've known better that I'd need more things! LOL

Anyway, I've purchased some Smash things (too much actually, but I had to have it)

I bought some cardstock but just reading through the threads I realized I needed some photo matte paper and I have some in my cart at Amazon that I'll order today.

I ordered some Washi tape (again...way too much but I loved all of it), some Masking stickers and some tags and twine

I ordered some travel looking types of stickers and things to staple on.

I have TONS of digi stuff I can print out

I am going to go to Michaels and try to buy the Tiny Attacher today

I have the smash date stamp and a stamp pad...is there a stamp pad that someone here really recommends?

What other types of things do you love and use? Please link me or just give me an idea. I love the look of stamped things, but I got rid of all my stamps many years ago and I really don't want a lot of them anymore. I should've kept some of the fun background paint splatter stamps though I had.

My friend that I gave all my paper scrapping stuff to said to come get back whatever I need. I really wasn't going to touch paper scrapping again, but I think I might take her up on it. I had some punchers, paper trimmers, etc...I'll go see if there is something I'll really need.

All my old supplies were just that though...old. I want some fresher updated types of things, and I need some help in that area!!

Thanks in advance for your help!

2. mishou

mishou mishou

i've been using a lot of tiny alpha stickers. i love using them for little titles on my photos or cards. Virtually every company has a version of a tiny alpha so just go to scrapbook.com and browse the alphabet stickers if you're interested. Here and here are some examples.

the other thing I've been doing is stocking up on journaling card papers. many of the companies now include a "journal card" paper in each of their paper collections. Examples here and here . . . it's a cheap way to build an assortment of eclectic journaling cards because it's only $1 for at least 10 or so cards and labels. :)

i've also been hoarding sticker sheets. like this and this and this. they make great finishing touches and labels for writing on.

you can check out my blog to see how i've used all this stuff! i'd show images but i'm at work and trying to keep this short before my boss comes back lol!

oh and you might want to hang onto your dollars for another month or so as CHA is going on right now. all the companies are revealing their new lines that will begin shipping february/march. there is some absolutely gorgeous stuff you might want to wait for :D

3. ShannaNoel

ShannaNoel ShannaNoel

Really just buy what you LIKE!!! What you think you may use. :)

myscrapsandmore just got in the new line Miss Caroline and it has a TON of new goodies!! If you use code NEWCHA12 you can get 20% off everything in the store!!!!

Ormolu
    is a favorite

Also Elles studio!!

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  4. alb52

alb52 · · · – – – · · ·

[​IMG] i'll have some tiny alpha stickers out (again) hopefully tomorrow (if you want the digi version).... if not then next wed for sure :) the just take a while to separate - that's the hold up!

5. MayS

MayS New Member

OMG!!!
    I shouldn't read this thread!
    NO! NO! NO!

I know tonight I can't sleep because that tiny attacher and little pretty things you've shown will just float around everytime I close my eyes. :cornfused

6. 4noisyboys

Digi versions are also going to work great for things...not that I haven't bought a ton already, but I'll be buying more. I'm happy for the links in another thread for good photo quality matte paper. I'm going to take back the cardstock I bought from Michaels and wait for my order from Amazon.

Thanks for all the links! I'll check them all out, and good to know about CHA coming up Michelle. I'll definitely not try to buy everything now then! ;)

7. ShannaNoel

ShannaNoel ShannaNoel

I do have to say the label stickers are my FAVORITE thing for PL from My Minds Eye
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dont forget to use your coupon!

8. 4noisyboys

omgoodness!!! FUN stuff!!

9. 4noisyboys

I love those stickers Shanna!! I'm so lost when I go to stores or online shopping. It's so overwhelming. It's great to see what others have used and loved!!

10. mom2triplets04

mom2triplets04 Member

Oh no. Must not read this thread! Ha ha! I did find a ton of rubber stamps at michaels in the clearance section that I got for me and the kids to play with. I also picked up some smash things and I've been to home depot 2 times already and picked up some paint cards. The kids had a blast cutting them up and making their page. We are doing 4 x 6 pages for our project life art/journal book Here is what we made with the paint chips and punches. It's a little dream about disney world.

[​IMG]

11. MayS

MayS New Member

OMG! I shouldn't click those links!!
    They still have Echo Park, Victorian Garden Journal cards, and stuff!!!
    I want them, and they only ship within the US. :(

12. MayS

MayS New Member

That looks great! I wish my dd could join me when she is a little bigger. :)

13. ShannaNoel

ShannaNoel ShannaNoel

MayS... if you have them shipped to me I can take them to the PO if you pay for postage.

14. ShannaNoel

ShannaNoel ShannaNoel

That Disney card is TOO MUCH FUN!

15. 4noisyboys

I'm with Shanna MayS. If there is something you want, contact one of us and you can have it shipped to us, and we'll get it shipped out for you! You can calculate what the shipping would be online at the United States Postal Service (USPS). I do know that UPS would be WAY expensive though, so don't go that route!

16. MayS

MayS New Member

Thank you so much!!!!
    If I ever want anything, I will contact either of you.
    At the moment I still need to save for my PL stuff. Still waiting to get paid so I can pay for them (I've almost burned out my paypal last month, lol) from the money I get from designing.

17. MayS

MayS New Member

Ummm...but I am a little curious.
    How could you pack a 12x12 sticker/paper?
    I'm afraid that it might get bend or crumple, especially when it will have to come along way to Thailand. :(

18. 4noisyboys

I sent Jasmin's Project Life stuff to her in Germany. She had page protectors in there that were 12x12. I just got a box that was big enough...packed it well and used enough packaging materials to cushion everything. I don't remember if she had papers in there or not...but I do think everything got to her ok and not damaged. I never asked her about the condition everything was in. It would have to be in a box though...and enough padding so nothing shifts. It can be tricky getting the right size box though...and USPS charges more for certain sizes. You'd have to decide if it's worth it to have those sizes sent to you. Check here and see if you an calculate a size and weight and how much it would cost.

19. 4noisyboys

ok...just checked. They have a 12x12 priority box that can have a maximum of up to 20 pounds in it. It's around $60 to ship. You can pack a lot in that I would think. It's 5 1/2 inches tall.

20. itsmeamanda

itsmeamanda New Member

Thanks, girls. I just spent entirely too much at the shop Shanna recommended as well as Two Peas. :( Here's hoping it comes on a day that I get the mail rather than the hubby.