what colour do you read?

Discussion in 'Reading Pad' started by bellbird, Mar 20, 2016.

1. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Apparently with a few exceptions, this year i'm reading blue covered books (i like that with goodreads you can see the covers side by side - even though my ebook is black and white...) It looks like i was a mixed bag all year in 2015 but 2014 started out mostly blue and red and then became mostly black and yellow. i wonder if that's significant?!
    [​IMG]
    Are you drawn to any particular colours/cover designs? i like typography and like silhouette picture covers usually

2. crystalbella77

crystalbella77 Capture life and embrace it

that is so interesting! I'm all over the bored but I will not read anything with an ugly cover. I know I know! Don't judge by the cover and all that, but I can't help it!

Side note! I love the KA Tucker series and I never finished the Mara Dyer series and now I feel like I should! I read the first one and then it took forever for the next one and I lost interest :/

bellbird likes this.
  3. scrappyjedi

scrappyjedi Patience you must have, my young padawan

A few years ago I arranged all of the books in our library by color (just for a little visual order), and I was surprised at how many of them were blue! I wonder if there's some psychological reason that it's such a common color for covers?

enjoyyourpix and bellbird like this.
  4. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I totally thought this was going to be "What color do you put your ebook in" if you use one.

I have no idea what my covers look like. But now I'm curious.

bellbird likes this.
  5. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

I never thought about this before, so I checked. My book covers are mostly red or blue

bellbird likes this.
  6. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i have a purple croc skin style cover :)

7. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

well all the light and the lakehouse were chosen for me really so they weren't my choice per se but thats so interesting, i wish my library sorted by colour sometimes!

8. sakura-panda

sakura-panda Well-Known Member

I looked at my books from this year (https://www.goodreads.com/user_challenges/3871524) and I don't see a common theme or color scheme to the covers. However, my book selection process is logical, rather than visual, as I'm working my way through my book lists based on the order that I purchased them.

I have a teal ebook reader cover, a New Yorker cover, and one embossed with the image of a howling wolf. And a red cover on the small tablet that I seem to only use for books. (I may have a small ebook device addiction. LOL)

KarenW and bellbird like this.
  9. KarenW

KarenW Send in the Clowns

• Your 2016 Challenge Books
    • [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    • [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    • [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Colours all over the place but book covers make a huge difference in purchasing physical books. My ebooks and audible covers not so much - esp when my ebook library updates, they change the covers to the latest edition (esp if they become a movie tie in). just noticed that about a quarter of my books read this year have become movies, that must be huge for an author to get publicity like that.

10. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Awesome! But still not what I was thinking. So, this is how my mind works. (A peek into the crazy if you will :crazy3)
    When I had a Kindle Fire, I used to read in Sepia pretty much always, even at night. So, I was thinking you meant sepia, night or day. Yep. I totally was on a different planet, er page.
    Now I have a regular Kindle, so I read in what looks like a paperback color. And I need to get a case for my Kindle at some point. Just haven't gotten there yet.

11. AllisonPennington

AllisonPennington Queen of the Realm

I really loved the first 2 Mara Dyer books.... the last one was a little weird. I had to reread the first book by the time the second rolled around! Took forever!!

12. AllisonPennington

AllisonPennington Queen of the Realm

I read exclusively in sepia, too!!!!! The new Fire tablet has this thing called blue shade, too, that's AWESOME! I can read at night without my eyes starting to hurt.

bestcee and scrapsandsass like this.
  13. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

I'm the same. It is interesting because I'd read Elizabeth Is Missing and The Husband's Secret... and both of your covers are way better than the covers I had. :)

I have to admit that I'm with @crystalbella77 and a lot of times, the cover will be a turn-off for me when picking up a random book. I have a huge list of to-reads, and I read about 50 books a year, so it isn't a big deal if I don't grab extras... but I think after scrapbooking for so many years, I do focus on aesthetics.

I was lucky to discover them after they were all already out. Maybe it was from your Goodreads feed. :giggle I did end up driving a bit to another library to pick up the last one because I didn't want to wait. But I agree that the last one was weird and I was kind of disappointed.

14. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

My covers seem to be all over the place, but mostly the color that jumps out is black. I think because I read Stephen King and a lot of thriller/mystery, they tend to be darker.

bellbird likes this.
  15. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

never ocurred to me to look it up, not that I have been keeping a good reciord of what I read, maybe I should do that first!!!!!

bellbird likes this.
  16. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

I never really thought about this before, but after checking on Goodreads, it looks like red and black win out so far this year.

bellbird likes this.
  17. southernmother

southernmother Headed to SB for some cold brew & coconut milk

How interesting!! I'll have to go look. I'm going to guess grey and black are most of mine though. I'll update later LOL

bellbird likes this.