What Can I do??

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by stampin_rachel, Aug 30, 2012.

1. stampin_rachel

stampin_rachel The Lost Spice Girl

I am miserable not being able to run (currently on crutches with a swollen, bruised , sprained foot). Not exercising is killing me. Any suggestions for activities that can get my heart rate up, but don't really involve me walking or putting pressure on my feet???

(and I know some of you dirty girls are thinking activities in the bedroom - but I am not in the mood:giggle)

2. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

swimming? Water running?

3. Dana

Dana Dana

i was going to suggest swimming as well. also, my gym has a new machine that is like a recumbent elliptical that has arms that you can use w/out using the legs - it's not as tough when you do arms only, but at least its something ...

hope you get better soon! ouch!

4. charmedeebob

charmedeebob Heather's Team

yes swimming is the first thing that came to mind....everything else requires pressure on your foot that I can think of! hope you heal soon! (I broke my toe 2 days ago, I feel your pain - literally!)

5. Heather Prins

Heather Prins Heather Prins

free weights while sitting? Crunches?

6. kelley

kelley Gets excited over little green things.

That stinks for sure. Honestly, I was thinking lots of reps of crunches or light weights in your arms and lots of curls. I can't really think of something real great cardio-wise though!

7. Ana.Paula

Ana.Paula Ana.Paula

ohhhh please... don´t ask it for Liana or peppermint... you know what these girls will talk LOL! :giggle :giggle
    but, yes - swimming is great!

8. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

One legged Jillian Michaels? :) Sorry... I don't really know other than what the other girls suggested. I saw a guy when I was out to lunch today that had a cool little scooter that he put under his knee and then he walked and pushed along with that thing. (he had a cast on his foot) Maybe you could rent one of those and at least get out for walks?

I sure hope this injury doesn't bench your for long.

Sorry to here you broke your toe too Char! Ouchy!

9. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

Tabata anything will get your heart rate up.

10. javamonster

javamonster Rwaarrr!

Yes: you can do kettlebell exercises that do not involve swinging the kettlebell while standing up. It'll get your heartrate up, and you'll work your muscles with the weight. There are tons of workouts and demonstrations of moves up on uTube.

Also, if you check out Sparkpeople, you're sure to find exercises that you can do without putting pressure on your foot.

11. stampin_rachel

stampin_rachel The Lost Spice Girl

Thanks for all of the suggestions ladies!