What attracts you first?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by pbrooks, Jul 8, 2014.

1. pbrooks

pbrooks I need a realtor!

When looking at elements in a kit, what do you look for (or look at) first?

I just realized that I first look for flowers and ribbons/string.

2. sushimommy

sushimommy Could you point me to the helipad?

I think I am most attracted by variety - I am a kit-mixer (as opposed to a one-kit scrapper) so I look for elements that can go with lots of other things without it all looking like the same page over and over

3. Nixenkind

Nixenkind Dreaming of boiling in Brisbane.

Always flowers. And despite the fact that I do a lot of PL and don't even need that many flowers for that: the amount and variety of flowers is often the deciding factor when I consider buying a kit.
    Plus, and I'm a little ashamed to say that: the more elements are in a kit, the more likely it is that I end up buying it. I'm always looking for very specific elements which I have never seen before, and in huge kits, there is normally a bigger chance of finding those. I think that's why the BYOC appeals to me so much: it makes it possible to blow up whichever part of the kit you like to have more of, and for me, that's elements.
    But in the end, it still comes down to flowers: if there are not enough (or not enough special, fancy, interesting ones) in a kit, I often decide against it.

4. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

I have a thing for frames. I'll buy a kit that doesn't have frames, but it disappoints me. I want lots of frames.

5. VickyD

VickyD Coffee - I need an IV for that!!

I look for variety, nothing worse than a ton of the same element just in different colours, I love an alpha that is included in the kit, I also like to see a couple of unique elements, which is kind of back to the variety part of my answer. the odd wordart or journal card is always nice too

I love the Lilypad because of the variety in the styles of the designers, the BYOC is awesome and that mix and matching can get kind of addictive!

6. sarahbhb

sarahbhb Happy Anniversary babe! Now, pack up!

I look for things I can print. :)

I'm also really really attracted to bright colors in kits for some reason (unlike every other aspect of my life...my clothes and house decor are all earth tones).

7. Ink and Pixels

Ink and Pixels Active Member

Hmm... good question, I think I look for frames, something to use on PL pages and leave room for writing, or a double frame. I've been using the frames over and over from Sarah Gleason's Snort Giggle kit. I also look for labels and word art labels.. also things I like to use on PL layouts. I tend to use a white border on my photos so I like non-white background PL cards that I can drop a photo on and add a bit of writing too.

I can't forget DOODLES! I like to add doodles to all my PL layouts too. :)

Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
  8. bcnatty

bcnatty Disney - it's all for the kids!

Bahahaha....when I saw the title of this post I immediately thought eyes, smile and shoulders!! No? Not what we're attracted to in our partners?!?

I would have to say the colours are what first attracts me. And then the variety of elements in the kit. I definitely like little word art, flowers and paint splatters.

9. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I am sucker for an original element. Michele Godin's blue sneakers, or Mirjam's (Pink Reptile's) cool crochet giraffe for example. I love seeing new and original to my eyes. I also have to admit to LOVING RED!

10. SanVHM

SanVHM Pluk de dag!

Colors and Papers!!! always look at papers to see what I can do with them, blending together or make a template with it! And I really love brushes and doodles!

11. adejong

adejong Glutton for punishment

journal strips/paper scraps and tape for me

12. Heather Prins

Heather Prins Heather Prins

this! I like things i can use for a variety of layouts, word labels, flair, etc. I am not big on flowers.

13. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

Stitches, viewmaster reels, deer/antlers, flair, unique ephemera, etc. I'm not a big flower, ribbon or frame person, but finding unique elements is always what I look for first. Oh and these... I don't know what you call the vintage-y comic-y people other than quirky peeps... but I always want a kit with those.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
  14. mlewis

mlewis mlewis

Color combos and word art are what draws me in for a closer look.

15. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I always look for dimensional elements. Not necessarily extracted ones, but flowers, buttons, strings, etc. that are not flat. I won't buy a kit or element pack that only offer little flat pieces of paper like wordart and tags with no dimensional elements.

16. PLM

PLM I know there's something in the wake of your smile

I am always looking for some unique elements: f.e. a very cute person or animal, something that springs out of the rest.
    It can also be a very special flower, or a very colorful drawing.

17. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

Definitely unique elements! It's one of the things I love most about TLP - so many designers hand-craft or hand-draw their elements. I looooove the originality.

18. PLM

PLM I know there's something in the wake of your smile

I'm with you!

19. Nikki Epperson

Nikki Epperson I'm really a spy.

with the exception of red, this is true. I'm a sucker for something I can't find somewhere else. Except doilies and flowers. I love doilies and flowers. :)

20. JuliettePerkins

JuliettePerkins I eat, sleep, breathe Apple.

I reeeeeally like digital vellum or elements I can apply Jaimee's vellum style to :D