What are your resolutions for 2014?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Nixenkind, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Nixenkind

Nixenkind Dreaming of boiling in Brisbane.

I'm just too curious, sorry- and I actually believe in resolutions, and have quite a few that really worked out in the past. So every New Year's eve, I jot down some new ones and try to work up the determination to follow through on them...
    Here are mine for 2014:

I will...
    ...lose the remaining 70 lbs that still have to go. I lost 80 lbs in 2013, but there's still some work to do. I can do it, I'm so ready!!!
    ...scrap more than I shop, for god's sake... not that I'll stop shopping, far from it, but there has been a certain disbalance between things I buy and pages I scrap lately, and there are still a lot of kits I never used... THAT HAS TO CHANGE!!!
    ...be a lot more OUTDOORS. I've become such an agoraphobic. Has to change next year.
    ...resume writing my daily diary. My last one is from 2010, but I faithfully bought a new journal for 2014 and am resolved to do this!
    ...worry less about a certain tv show. Honestly, I have to take a step back, I'm starting to behave like a 13-year-old.
    ...spend less money. Wait... I'm having a deja vu here... didn't I say the same thing last year? Really? How funny... did I manage to do it? Uhhhhhhhmmmm... okay, let's try again next year... meh.

What about you? Any resolutions? Or do you never have any?

2. rmcabana

rmcabana Hit me with your best shot

Wow, 80 pounds!!! That's amazing. Good luck with your goals for this coming year! :)

New Year's Eve always gets me feeling sentimental, then regretful and hopeful. I need to figure out what my resolutions are for 2014. I'm not great at sticking to them, but I try. I'm also 37 1/2 now so I'm just trying to figure out what I want to do with my life before that really big number coming up in a few years. Mostly I just want to be healthier and to have lots of fun.

Happy New Year everyone! You all are part of that fun resolution! :)

Last edited: Dec 31, 2013
  3. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

Congrats on the weight! Inspiring.

Only two goals...

Lose 50 lbs and get more healthy in the process.
    Tackle and complete Project Life.

Easy Peasy, right? :giggle

4. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

main one and that is the court..
    to finalize the adoption of our 3 Littles...so we are done with the system!

and

just got a new kings james bible for my kindle
    read that in one year.
    I did the KJV last year...and bought went bonkers with thees and thous...lol

I really really want to run a 5K this year...bad

5. vixen

vixen Pink Parrot Head

no resolutions, I have a fear of commitment :shrug

6. jenevang

My favorite translation is ESV. Kindle version free on Amazon. One of the most accurate of the translations and the one my husband uses and preaches from.

http://www.amazon.com/Bible-English...UTF8&qid=1388507951&sr=1-1&keywords=esv+bible

Their study bible is excellent as well, but you really need the "hard copy" of that :).

7. jenevang

LOL! Love your Festive Siggie, BTW. Excellent.

8. AmaG

AmaG Born in the wrong decade

I want to lose more weight so I can have a second baby. And I want to stop procrastinating about grading papers at work.

9. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

This coming year I want to organize my time better. I'm the queen of wasting time so I would like to lose that title. I think this is an attainable goal. I just need to stay focused and plan a routine that I can stick with. I also want to pursue a healthier lifestyle. I made a lot of changes in 2013 and want to change even more in 2014. I really want to get a few early morning workouts into my schedule which is a really hard goal for me b/c I'm not a morning person but if I can achieve this, it gets the workout done and out of the way so I can carry on with my day rather than plan my dinner, social/work commitments, etc around my late afternoon workouts and sometimes it just gets too difficult to fit it all in. So...those are my goals....all sound doable...hopefully.

10. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

My OLW for next year is 'persevere.' That abt sums it up. :giggle

Anne, I :beat:beat:beat the NKJV version. All the pretty, none of the thees. There is a running joke at my Bible study abt my version (since none of the rest of them use the NKJV) and how it's 'the best.'

11. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

Congrats on the weight loss, that's awesome!

I love hearing about everyone's goals.

In 2014, I am giving up Starbucks. (This is an epic decision. I am a self-confessed addict. Argh.) I am also rejoining my yoga studio. Less caffeine, more relaxation.

My One Little Word for 2014 is JOY. I want to focus on choosing it every single day and cultivating it in all the ways I can. I always like having a guiding principle for the year. We're doing a Fruit of the Spirit theme as a family but joy is the one that spoke to me particularly.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2013
  12. sushimommy

sushimommy Could you point me to the helipad?

1. to read the Bible all the way through this year (already started so i would be ahead of the game on 01/01 - NKJV or ESV (or HCSB audio when dd wants us to read it together) using this book as a checklist: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A4BQ4QY/ref=oh_d__o09_details_o09__i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

2. get healthy - i have about 35 pounds of me i would like to leave in 2013, and i want to start running again.

3. my "word" is actually 3 - "Create something wonderful" - wonderful memories, family time, crafty stuff, etc! DD told me this afternoon she wants to learn to sew - i have hardly sewn in 2013 so i am excited about that!

13. Roboliver

Roboliver I feel right at home at the Glitter Gulch!

No big resolutions, but the one that is most important right now, is that I need to get past an event that took place this year. Still reeling & need to move on. So I'm going to do just THAT!

14. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

:D I'm with you Deb ... making a resolution almost certainly GUARANTEES that I will fail :D

15. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

but I have decided my ONE WORD for this year is going to be FOCUS ..... I need to focus more on myself and what is going on around me and be less in a daze (my life seems to me to be fuzzy most days}

16. pagefrocks

pagefrocks ♥•:*¨¨*:•♥•:*¨¨*:•.♥

Anne - We are sharing a goal . . . the 5K! I just signed up for the Color Run when it comes to Hershey in the end of May. Looks like a fun one . . . not too much pressure. A group of us have decided this will be our BIG resolution for the year, to finish this!

Here's a link to their locations . . . http://thecolorrun.com/

17. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

I'm not great at resolutions, but I do have goals. kind of the same. but not.

My goals are
    1. Get back into rhythm with reading my Bible. I MISS it! I miss and NEED my quiet time with God. Also, to find a church that is right for our family. We have lots of churches in the area, but they seem to all be cut from the same cookie-cutter mold. So, we're on the hunt.
    2. Eat out less. I stink at this. I have to find some way to get committed to eating at home. I have a feeling doing #1 will actually help me be more persistent in #2.
    3. Keep up with PL. I'm so tired of chasing this project! And I want to have one completed year.
    4. My friend wants me to run a mini marathon with her in May. I have never even run a 5k. So this seems like a lofty goal. But I am going to mull it over and see if I can turn an idea into reality.

18. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

I don't think I could run even if there was an ax murderer chasing me, but now I want to join in. How cool.

19. Ellie

Ellie Little Bunny Cupcake

I love every ones goals! They are so great!
    - 80 pounds is amazing!
    2013 was a crazy year for me- lots of downs but a whole lotta ups too- praise Jesus for all his support :)
    2014 is going to be the year I finally get fit. No falling off the wagon this time
    I will be more productive in every department of my life- lol not just the ones I feel like doing :)

20. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I'm trying to keep my goals simple this year. I really want to drink more water (and less diet coke) and I also want to start exercising again. I also NEED to get back to reading my bible too. By the way, add me to the ESV fan list! :) I have the coolest Chronological bible for those that want to read the bible in a year. It made the task so much easier to do! It's listed by day and was so much easier to follow with it being in chronological order!