What are your May scrapping goals?

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by QuiltyMom, May 8, 2021.

1. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I hate making goals, but I realized if I ever wanted to finish any projects I had to give myself a deadline. I have a condition called "startitis" where I start but never finish anything because, well, everything is so fun to do!

I've decided to make scrapping goals for every month, and for May it's to complete two albums that have been "almost done" for years: a Summer 2014 trip album and my DS's Eagle Scout album. I've a dozen or so pages left for each one and the goal is to complete at minimum one page per album per day. I've been able to keep up with this goal, which makes me happy!

So, do you have any goals for the month? And if so, what are they? I figured we can hold each other accountable, cheer each other on, and give help if needed. I'd love to hear about it!

2. LivyBug

LivyBug I should be considered yarned and dangerous.

Because I'm scrapping again after a long hiatus, I have so much to scrap. I don't have any particular goals this month, other than at NSD to do all the scrapping challenges (which I did!). Long term I'd love to finish my two WDW albums and a travel album from 2019. I'm probably closer to being done with the travel album than the Disney albums.

There's a lot of other main events I need to scrap like birthdays, short trips, graduations, holidays. I'm all over the place though.

Is anyone planning to do Week in the Life this coming week?

QuiltyMom likes this.
  3. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

What is it ? I don't know the Week in the Life ?

My goals for May is to make all the challenges here at TLP and continue my project life 2021. My sons are asking me when it will be done...

Cherylndesigns, LivyBug and QuiltyMom like this.
  4. QuiltyMom

No! I'm feeling like I'm missing something here. Can you explain?

And I hear you - I'm usually scrapping all over the place, too!

LivyBug likes this.
  5. QuiltyMom

This is a good goal! I always have much respect for people who can keep up with PL pages. I did it one year and it almost was the end of me! ha! Finishing the challenges is always a good thing, not only is there another page completed but you always learn something new.

6. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

I'm making a memory book for my daughter's elementary school graduating class, so that's my first priority. I have another week of working on it. After that my next goal is to finish the last 20 or so layouts for our 2019 album, but that will be for May and June.

QuiltyMom likes this.
  7. LivyBug

LivyBug I should be considered yarned and dangerous.

Cherylndesigns and QuiltyMom like this.
  8. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

@LivyBug I've done week in the life. Well, I took all the photos and have a bunch of journaling. I haven't really put it together. It's like a really intensive Project Life Week. It overwhelms me to think about getting it together. Maybe that should be my May goal?
    I'm considering doing it next week, but I know I have to have a plan on how I'm going to document it and put it together. I'm thinking about using a template set, just gotta find the right one. A photobook set might work?

QuiltyMom and LivyBug like this.
  9. bestcee

I don't have May scrapping goals. I do have May organizing goals! I want to have all my photos from this year tagged (I do easy tagging - people, places, etc) but I'm out of the habit. I also want to stay caught up on my Project Life.
    Other than that, I have to think about it. But I love this idea!! I have a long list of things to scrap and organize, I love the idea of setting a few for the month!

LivyBug likes this.
  10. mary kate

mary kate Well-Known Member

@QuiltyMom That's so impressive that your son is an Eagle Scout! That's a real achievement (and definitely worthy of an album, which you will eventually finish...).

I have a similar album that I've been working on for ages: my son's Summer Camp album (ten years of summer camp, from junior camper to CIT). I keep changing my mind about what sort of style (pocket scrapping? or trad. paper-based LOs?), and I keep coming across great new camp- and outdoors-themed kits ... I need to just settle on a style, and a kit or two, and just get it done (which I certainly won't do by the end of May, but maybe by the end of summer?).

I recently acquired a small stash of new (well, 'new' to me, but old, of course) family history photos, and I hope to finish a couple of heritage/family history layouts by the end of the month.

bestcee and QuiltyMom like this.
  11. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Startitis is something I suffer from to, so my May goal is to finish 3 things. A small collage journal type thing, entries and closing a chapter on an other Art journal /paint project. Hopefully scrap about it. And practice some photography, and hopefully scrap about that too.
    All this while scrapping my heart out here for the next 2 months... Well a girl can dream

12. bestcee

Have you considered both? I have a few albums where I have a traditional layout highlighting a photo or three, and then the other side is the other photos that I want in a pocket format. Because I take too many photos and love a lot of them! But, I don't want 15 pages of the same event.

QuiltyMom likes this.
  13. QuiltyMom

Sounds like a plan!
    Thanks!!! I'll look into it.
    To me organizing is just as important as scrapping, because you can't scrap it if you can't find it, right? I think part of my problem is I have too many photos and haven't been able to edit out the mediocre ones. I do have everything tagged and sorted for the most part, but I simply get overwhelmed when I go to scrap because there's just too much there!
    That's the hardest part, figuring out what style to make. This trip album I'm working on I was using pages by one designer that I used all the time back in 2014, but now my style's drastically changed since then. So, I'm totally re-doing the pages I hadn't finished and I'm so happy I have. I once did an entire 70 page album using the same kit. I loved the way it looked for continuity, but I'll never use that kit again!

mary kate and bestcee like this.
  14. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I was just wondering this myself.

I don't really have any specific goals - I DO need to catch up on my March Project 12, and maybe get a couple of books printed. I can't do that until we get high speed internet, which is hopefully going to be in the next few weeks! Our hotspot or my cell phone don't have enough ummmmph to get 3600x3600 pages into an online book. It would take me a week to do one book. UGH

QuiltyMom likes this.
  15. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Thanks, Olivia. I'm going to check that out. I'll have to put any printing on the back burner until we get high speed internet, though. It's coming!!! I've been struggling along on a hot spot and my cell phone since December. To download files I have to drive to a location and use their internet. Such a drag it's been.

LivyBug and QuiltyMom like this.
  16. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I was going to try and get back into scrapping after approx a month off but the mojo has just escaped me totally and I'm hating everything I've come up with so far to the point they are all trashed now so I'm thinking like @bestcee, this months goal may be to organise my stash and start afresh next month

17. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Main thing I'm doing this month is a traditional album. I tore apart a magnetic album Mom made when she retired in 1986 and am putting it onto 12x12 papers. It will be put into a CM album when done. Luckily I was able to get all pictures out without tearing. A few of the newspaper items had been laminated (yea mom!) so were also easy to remove. A few things couldn't be removed but since the items on the other side were removed I just cut the magnetic page down. Not perfect but at least the item is saved. I've done about 1/3 of it. Goal is to have it done by May 30th which is the 35th anniversary of the surprise party Dad and I gave her.

Otherwise, I've been watching some videos on PSP to learn how to do some more things with the program. Mainly tips & tricks to make scrapping faster! May do a few digital pages here and there.

18. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

I guess I could probably do with finishing our Wales 2019 holiday pages before we go on our next one to the same location this year.

QuiltyMom likes this.
  19. Mrsdudds

Mrsdudds Well-Known Member

I should set myself goals each month, last month I got no scrapbooking done as was busy doing work in the garden. So this month I am setting myself a goal to complete the May challenges, and finish my Disneyland album from our holiday in 2012.

QuiltyMom likes this.
  20. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

I don't really set goals. I kinda scrap when I have free time or the inspiration is flowing.

QuiltyMom likes this.