What are you dreading?

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2018' started by NancyP, Jan 16, 2018.

1. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

So, I have noticed comments here and there that some of you are afraid of what lies lurking down the road with the challenges. Yeah, me too!!!! Afraid you are going to get smacked right between the eyes with something you can't do, or simply don't like to do??? So what is it??? What is your worse nightmare for a challenge? Or have we already done it???
    Me??? I HATE double pages!!! And I KNOW there must be one lurking somewhere in all those hidden away challenges yet to come!!!! I don't know why I don't like doing double pages; I just don't like them!!!! I find it hard co-ordinating them, and then uploading them the right way. Oh well------bring it on challenge people!!!! I can take it!!! (I think!!!!)

Sokee, Karen, LoveItScrapIt and 2 others like this.
  2. ElizabethW

ElizabethW Pledging to lambda lambda polly

Another Photoshop technique. #shiver
    Also kinda stressed about the whole idea of art journaling....

3. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

bhahah...you just do two pages...and say, I'm putting these two together..
    I get nervous on technique challenges...cause I don't follow directions, I like to just go barge thru and then it doesn't work...and I do it again...until I have to focus
    then read, and reread whilst
    doing the challenge...

MrsGaramer and Tree City like this.
  4. NancyP

See how different we all are? @ElizabethW I LOVE Art Journaling! I could do that all day!! @AnneofAlamo Give me technique challenges any day! I love learning something new!!! BUT I DON'T LIKE DOUBLE PAGES!!!!!

ElizabethW likes this.
  5. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

@NancyP I'm with you on double pages, they freak me right out. Although because I was behind, I managed to make a double page out of January 11 and January 12. Both fit the challenge for the day. I don't think I'll ever have that luck again...

6. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

my freak is c&s. I can not stop throwing things on a page...and I feel cheated when I only have a few things on one page...bhahha

AJK, londoncuppa and MrsGaramer like this.
  7. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Well, @AnneofAlamo already got me with the bazillion photos on one page thing :giggle

And @NancyP I am totally with you on the double page, even though I do PL every week... which probably doesn't really make sense LOL As long as I could use my PL, I'm fine, but the thoughts of just creating a double page for the heck of it....no, no, no!

8. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

My real dread is the clean and simple, but it is done. Insert cartwheel!

9. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I don't dread anything about MOC really. The hardest challenges for me are techniques, but I highly value the opportunities to learn something new, so I definitely don't dread those. My least favorite is the clean & simple style, because I never scrap that way on my own. I don't love the filled style either, I just realized today as I did yesterday's challenge, so soon after having done the filled template yesterday. I'm in between. I like to have several photos lightly embellished with lots of journaling. Anyway, I don't dread the simple or filled style challenges either; I just only do it because I want to complete MOC. And I end up loving all my pages.

londoncuppa, yellowpeep and bestcee like this.
  10. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

I'm dreading another sketch challenge....I don't really have the right kind of photos for it! I'm also scared if @AnneofAlamo has anything else up her sleeve LOL ohhh...and watercolor anything, but I'm not good with brushes!

11. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Wahoo! Ideas for my upcoming challenge! :fairydance:giggle

LynnG and jk703 like this.
  12. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Swww, man. Doubles are fun! I hosted last years Double Challenge.... and I thought the pages were beyond awesome! :giggle I love techniques... though I still have to try Jan's. I think I love them, cause I do so many tutorials. i love finding new things to try!

I usually have trouble if there is AJ pages, Quick Pages and Pocket Pages. :)

13. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

I don't think I'm dreading anything with MOC. I love the challenges. And find the learning fun for the things I don't know. But there are some challenges I just don't look forward to, one being double pages, I just don't do them ever, pretty much only for a challenge. LOL But I can do them and usually end up liking my page alot.

14. Jems

Jems Well-Known Member

I love how different anyone is. This is my firs MOC so I’m just along for the ride.

15. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

Dread would be too strong of a word but I know that extractions and double pages take me longer than any other type of page and working full-time means I don't have as much time as I have in MOCs past to devote to scrapping.

I do, however, have a kid-free weekend in two weeks (wahoo!) that I plan on using to catch up with all of my MOC so I can always save those challenges until then so I have the time to devote to them. :)

16. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I'm not dreading anything because I'm not participating! However, if I would have participated, I would have been out of here by day 3 (not into mood boards) and if I would have gotten through those 3, day 6 would have been the one to turn me off of MOC completely. As for what hasn't been done that I would have problems with... that would be art journaling, quick pages, pocket pages, and any technique that I can't find a tutorial to do with PSP. Oh, yeah, I hate extractions as well!

I will say that I am enjoying looking at layouts and have commented on some of them in gallery. There have been a couple that I have completed but not posted (non-TLP kits were used). I just had to do Day 11: On This Day to record my memories on 7/20/69 and what it meant to my small town.

As I look at the challenges posted so far, there have been 10 that I'd be OK with. But I'm sure that there will be some coming up that are the ACK for me. And, @NancyP double pages are so easy to do... especially if you use some of Liz's templates! I do them as 2 separate 12x12 layouts at the same time.

17. Amson

Amson Yoo-hoo!

Anything requiring a large number of elements has me hyperventilating....... Apart from that I love the variety of challenges which keeps it so interesting right through to the end.

AdrienneMay likes this.
  18. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

MOC is too fun to dread anything. :) I've enjoyed every challenge so far, just like I did last year. But I do admit that I'm worried I'll finish all of my pages but forget to post one by the 11:59pm Feb 2 deadline. That's my one MOC "dread," if you will.

elk2009 and Sokee like this.
  19. blueberries

blueberries Did I ever tell you I have a thing for snakes?

I'm not so much afraid of the challenges as I am the challenges being something I've already done, and then I have to find a way to pull another one of out my, uh, bag of tricks.

But I will cop to hoping there are no more techniques like dispersion involved :-D

20. NancyP

A lady after my own heart!!!

michelepixels likes this.