what are you doing to get ready for MOC?

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by Celeste, Dec 23, 2014.

1. Celeste

Celeste I'm moving to Hogwarts!

i'm pulling some photos. i am also going through my bought - not used folder and tagging some older kits i'd like to use this month. how about you?

2. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

Nothing. But then I'm anal about keeping everything organized all the time. :giggle

3. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

this is so me!! I am just plodding thru this year...scrapping. I am going to do a prepping your life for the MOC the last day of the year for the Lily Pad blog...so stay tuned for that!

4. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

I am making lists and checking them twice ... :circles

Oh, and :wine

5. mollyc

mollyc PrettyPinkPicturesPlease

i'm just going to wing it. ;)

6. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

I like to look at past years albums and photos to see where the gaps are... I make a list of possible things to scrap so that I don't spend too much time selecting photos & stories. Last year I got so many unfinished 2013 stories scrapped! I also make a list of TLP products that I already have but haven't had a chance to use yet.

7. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

I'm generally pretty organized with materials, but I try to use sudden inspiration in my pages, so I think that means I'll just wing it..:stash

making a list does sound like a good idea though...

Last edited: Dec 24, 2014
  8. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Transferring over my supplies and setting up my new laptop in the hope that I will be able to participate

9. VickyD

VickyD Coffee - I need an IV for that!!

being kind to hubby in the hopes my scrapping budget gets increased!! LOL

10. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I love to just go with it and let the creative juices flow!

11. lorryfach

Hahaha Vicky, I might steal that idea! Brilliant!

12. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

I have put some photos in a MOC folder ( not as many as I would have liked yet )
    Apart from that I am seriously crossing my fingers that I have a working computer !
    It has been playing up something chronic the last few days, sometimes it won't open, the icons disappear ,can't always click to log in to things like Skype, but even the folders are playing up. Hmmm

13. VickyD

VickyD Coffee - I need an IV for that!!

:thumbsups

14. pagefrocks

pagefrocks ♥•:*¨¨*:•♥•:*¨¨*:•.♥

Last year someone wrote a "get ready for MOC" thread and i took to heart some of those tips. The tip that made the biggest impact for me was to create a folder of images to use. I take photos at least weekly and for periods daily, and have them in dated folders by year. So it can be overwhelming to go back and pick just one photo to create a layout. So taking an hour or so to go through all those and grab images that I never scrapped or just forgot about makes it easier in the MOC moment!

I organize the DL'd kits into folder by designer name, inside a store name folder. With year's of stash and big sale purchases, just searching through all these takes time! I think for this year's MOC, I might also separate out by theme - so have folders for themes like holiday, birthday, girl, boy, etc but then also style.

15. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

Anne, this will be wonderful -- I'm going to need all the help I can get to get prepped for all these challenges. But it will be so fun.

16. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

I've grouped together photos from events I need to still scrap. I've saved them together into named TIF files so I know what they are without opening them. I've only got about 8 files so far, so I might try that tip of just copying pictures into a MOC folder for the rest of them.

17. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

I'm supposed to get ready for stuff?

18. Pallavi01

Pallavi01 You have that sharp, useless look about you

I am just sorting through photos .... Very close to finishing my current album / about 30 more pages to go ( just the perfect number! ) so grouping pics that still remain to be scrapped ...

19. Li Li Wee

Li Li Wee I create my imagination

should i be doing something? lol!! i love the unknown .. so i will take it one day at time…WOOT!!

20. lorryfach

I tag photos as "to be scrapped" on import into Lightroom and I remove the tag when I use them. I do this all the time, so my photos are already ready for MOC. I always tag kit previews with themes, if relevant. I'm always ready to get my scrap on! At least Anne is with me. lol