What a great day... NOT!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by cherpea, Mar 25, 2013.

1. cherpea

cherpea Well-Known Member

The front page of "The Press" is not enjoyable reading for homeowners like myself here in Canterbury today...

I don't blame the poor staffer that made the blunder and do not expect that she be removed from her position... Human error does happen I am the first to admit this.

I do however consider her superiors and the minister in charge should accept far more responsibility than they are... They were the ones that should have ensured fail safes were in place... to stop this very thing happening.

Living in Canterbury has been stressful enough following the earthquakes without adding serious blunders like this to the mix. The people (homeowners) who should have the right to the information Earthquake Commission and Fletchers are collecting on our claims and properties are NOT permitted to receive said information.
    What's wrong with that picture?

You could say the sorry isn't quite hitting the mark... and I would bet I am not the only one to feel this way.

News Story here

2. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

as someone who has accidentally sent out emails that shouldn't have gone out I know how easy it can be to have this happen BUT the more sensitive the information, the more care has to be taken ..