Well everything changes…..

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by littlekiwi, Jan 25, 2022.

1. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

@gonewiththewind I already purchased a bread maker about 10 days ago - was 50% off. I was sick of having very little choice. Before this change of recipe, I had one brand of GF bread that had three varieties, one premade pizza base, no available bread buns as the rest contained the additive that I seem to not be able to tolerate. This past week I’ve been sourcing the bread mixes that don’t contain stuff I’m intolerant too so I’ll start with the three I’ve found as I haven’t got a full gluten free baking pantry at home yet and I wanted something I knew would work. I’m still researching recipes for future though once I’m more confident. I haven’t made my first loaf yet but hope to do it tomorrow when family are home as well since I’m still not functioning at 100% yet - I am better but still a long way to go til I’m 100%.

gonewiththewind and BevG like this.
  2. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Yay! I'm so glad you got one on sale. And I'm also glad that you will have family to help you to start, especially when you're still not feeling your best. I bet that bread is going to taste soooo good!

3. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

I'm sorry Jennifer ^hugs* I know what it's like not to be yourself... I've been dealing with tecent health issues myself ...and it's taking its toll. Keep a postive outlook and if you ever need to vent.. or scream feel free to shoot me a message

4. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

It’s now been 9 months that I’ve been gluten free among other things and I’m feeling a tonne better and only have issues a couple of times a month (which are totally unrelated to IBS but manageable).

It’s been interesting that over the last few days I’ve been seeing on my Facebook memories that I’d had suspicions that I had these food intolerances/allergies 12 years ago when I was admitted to hospital for severe iron deficiency anaemia and blood transfusions and even asked the medical professionals if my symptoms could be related to either lactose or gluten intolerance and was in a way fobbed off and told nope my symptoms didn’t clinically match up…..little did I know 11 years later, it would all blow up and I’d be unofficially diagnosed with irritable bowel syndrome and having to eliminate gluten, lactose and a bunch of other things. Turns out I really should have listened to my “gut” instinct all those years ago and pushed for more help then but I trusted the experts!

SeattleSheri likes this.
  5. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

So glad you found a lifestyle that is working! My friend had bad allergies and felt much better when she stopped eating gluten. It doesn't work for everyone but it sure seems to work for some people. My mom is very sensitive to gluten and gave it up before it became "cool" to give it up. Thank goodness there are more options for GF food now!

6. mocamom

mocamom Runs on coffee. And with scissors.

I can both empathize and sympathize with you. It's crazy that doctors don't listen to us. We know our own bodies. I almost want to go back to them and say, "see, I told you so." But I know that won't help :P I'm glad you listened to your own body and have figured this out Jennifer. Hope it continues to go well and your IBS can stay under control!