Well everything changes…..

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by littlekiwi, Jan 25, 2022.

1. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Hopefully for the better very soon. Been dealing with some pretty horrible body issues that I wouldn’t wish on anyone. I’ve actually suspected it for an number of years (but doctors at hospital fobbed me off saying my symptoms didn’t match up to “normal” symptoms etc so I dropped the thought) but after two particularly bad episodes of gastroenteritis type symptoms (it’s not gastro though) this week plus worsening fatigue, brain fog etc for the past few months, enough was enough. After a bit of discussion with the nurse at my doctors practice I’ve finally got forms for lab work up for Coeliac disease which I’ll be completing this afternoon. Now I don’t think it’s full blown coeliac but at least a gluten intolerance of some kind (I certainly wouldn’t be surprised given I’m already lactose and garlic intolerant).

Let’s hope I get relief very soon as this has been my reality for too long with these thoughts passing through my head quite a bit. “Scared to try and eat” “Don’t know what to eat”“Feel like I’d be better not eating”

Don’t worry I’m still eating but it’s been tough.

At least if nothing else MOC has been a huge and welcome distraction to how I’ve felt.

bestcee likes this.
  2. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

That sounds miserable Jennifer! I hope you can find some answers and some relief. Have you tried cutting different things like dairy and gluten before? I am not gluten free but I'm guessing there are some friends here who are and could offer some advice!

3. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

Jennifer, I hope you can find help with results from the tests you are about to take.
    Have you already tried testing yourself with stopping all gluten foods etc?

4. littlekiwi

I’m already pretty low dairy because of being lactose intolerant

5. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

6. littlekiwi

Not cutting back all because you need the equivalent of four slices of bread per day in your system if further tests are needed beyond the blood test. In short though, I have reduced gluten for some meals here and there over the past week and felt much better than I do now.

7. littlekiwi

me too, don’t mind if it’s bad news, I’d rather just know if that makes sense….no fun living in limbo land which is where I am currently

8. gonewiththewind

Yeah, I had c diff from repeat use of strong antibiotics for a resistant infection, which has similar symptoms of celiac. Man, that was a miserable string of months, so I really feel for you. It keeps you chained to home more as well. Glad that MOC has provided a distraction for you. Sending loads of ((HUGS))

9. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Definitely sounds miserable. Glad you may get some relief soon

10. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

No fun! Hope you can get answers soon, so you can take the steps needed to feel better.

11. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Hope you are able to get answers and get on a path to feeling better soon, Jennifer. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!

12. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry you've been so miserable, and I hope you get answers soon. I know what you mean about just wanting an answer so you can stop living in limbo. My middle son was diagnosed with a genetic disorder when he was 7, after years of one diagnosis after another. (All due to his genetic disorder, though of course we didn't know it then.) It was such a relief to have that underlying cause found and know what we were dealing with rather than always feeling like we were waiting for the other shoe to drop, not knowing what might crop up next. Whatever the diagnosis for you, I hope it results in a clearer path forward and an end to the way you've been feeling!

Karen likes this.
  13. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I hope you get some answers soon!! Having issues with unknow causes can be scary.

14. littlekiwi

Miserable is an understatement that’s for sure

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  15. littlekiwi

Yeah I’ve pretty much been housebound - I wasn’t able to see family either at Christmas or earlier this month, haven’t seen friends for ages as there were too many unknowns and risks involved.

It was a case of “putting up” with symptoms that were one off over the years but the last month the symptoms were much worse and looking back, I’ve probably suffered for a good nearly 20 years (with ages 23 to nearly 35 being the worst).

gonewiththewind likes this.
  16. meganmecrazy

meganmecrazy Caution: Randomly Breaks Out into Show tunes

So sorry your dealing with this Jennifer! I'm glad they finally figured out what the problem is though. Nothing worse than having horrible symptoms but no answers as to what it is. ((((HUGS))))

17. littlekiwi

The doctors haven’t yet….getting the test done was just me pushing for it and saying I’ve had enough of feeling this way.

rach3975 likes this.
  18. gonewiththewind

@littlekiwi I'm so glad that you stood up for yourself and demanded testing. WE know our own bodies. I'm so sorry you've suffered with this for so long. Praying for relief for you quickly!

19. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

My mom had celiacs before gluten intolerance became “popular” and my best friend has a gluten sensitivity. The good news if it is confirmed is that there is so much gluten free food available these days that at least cooking and eating out isn’t the hardship that it used to be. I hope you get some answers, Jennifer!

20. littlekiwi

It wasn’t until recently that a lot of niggly issues made sense hence why I hadn’t truly pushed for answers til now. Like, I’ve had unexplained iron deficiency anaemia years back that required hospitalisation, fatigue and brain fog that’s got consistently worse not better with CPAP treatment for Sleep Apnea, gastric issues that date back to surgery I had years ago that can’t be tied to food intolerances, the fact when I’ve been lower carb I’ve felt better so lots of one off isolated incidents. The straw that broke the camels back so to say was waking up twice during the night over the past few days having had “accidents” I was unaware of til hours later. I’ve suspected it but never truly figured the puzzle out

gonewiththewind likes this.