Welcome to the Weekly Focus Challenges!

Discussion in 'Weekly Focus Challenges' started by mrs2a50, May 12, 2017.

1. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

Welcome to our series of weekly focus challenges here at The Lilypad, happening the third week of the month from May through September! These are meant to be yet another avenue for you to get motivated, be creative, learn a new aspect of scrapping, and get that backlog of photos and memories into some tangible format! There are no hard and fast rules; for this series we simply ask that you follow the general Lilypad gallery guidelines: Your pages must contain at least 50% TLP product (current or retired product from the current resident designers), be less than 250k, list your credits, and not link off-site. Easy, right? We'll have a new challenge for you each day, Monday - Saturday (everyone needs one day a week off, right?), posted in the morning-ish hours of eastern time. There are no deadlines for posting, no "rules" to follow (other than the gallery rules, see above), and no "right or wrong" way to complete these challenges. You can do them daily, or as your schedule allows. Total flexibility!

We hope you have fun with this extra set of challenges, and maybe even learn a thing or two along the way! As always, feel free to post here, or message me, with any questions you have!

Chippi, klee73010, AJK and 11 others like this.
  2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Yay! I'm so excited about these! :)

bellbird likes this.
  3. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

Thank you for these!! Anything to spark creativity is welcome in my book!! :D

bellbird likes this.
  4. meterr

meterr I've got ICE in my veins!

5. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

I was wondering about these inspiration posts I was seeing. Off to check them out ♥

6. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Cool beans! Now I just gotta find the time to do some of the other challenges. I always mean to, but life gets into the way. Oh well.

7. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I love what the Pollys have been working on, you can't believe how hard we are working to have some super cool challenges for you all!

8. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

What a great week of challenges in May. I appreciated the diversity of the challenges which stretched me and caused me to finally scrap some life experiences that don't always make our scrapbooks. And then, of course, I had to have fun with at least one and do an "off the wall" art journaling page.

Looking forward to what the coming months bring with this Weekly Focus set of challenges.

mrs2a50 likes this.
  9. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

How did I miss this??? I just saw in inspiration page from @londoncuppa in the gallery and was ??? Now I know!

10. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

This is great! When I finish the first 7-8 at the beginning of the month, I often stop. But this keeps things going!

11. Lor

Lor you've always had the power, my dear

So awesome!!! I'm lovin' the idea of additional challenges; It's what keeps me going and inspires me! Thank you! :-)

12. Juliestcyr

Juliestcyr Grammar nerd and proud of it

Here is mine, not my normal style, but I like the results. I used "posterize", and masked it over a sort of painted edge background I made myself, and added a paint brush style overtop.
    [​IMG]

13. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I really like that now I can find the techniques I forget to use all in one place here! Thanks!

mrs2a50 likes this.
  14. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I'm glad this is continuing through September. I really like the ones I've seen. Just haven't managed to scrap much since early May. I'm missing it!

15. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

16. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar