WELCOME to the Project Mouse FANniversary Celebration!

Discussion in 'Project Mouse: FANniversary 2017' started by designerbrittney, Mar 16, 2017.

1. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

This will be so fun! I don't think I can do any chats this weekend, but crossing my fingers anyway!

2. corsicar

corsicar Dinner tonight? Something chocolate I'm sure!

I've been able to get on the regular chats through my phone browser. It's a little slow and hard to keep up, but it works.

sahlink likes this.
  3. jennifer9948

jennifer9948 New Member

So excited, love Project Mouse!

sahlink likes this.
  4. SwiftThinkin

SwiftThinkin Member

Project Mouse newbie here! I've been eyeing the cute stuff forever, but haven't had a chance to use it. BUT!! Now I'm planning my fall trip to DisneyLand (first time there with my family) and so I'm gonna need to scrap it!!

Any suggestions for must haves?!

kathleen and sahlink like this.
  5. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

The basics for sure! No. 1 to 4. I use them all the time!

SwiftThinkin likes this.
  6. sahlink

sahlink sahlink

Margievis likes this.
  7. Margievis

Margievis New Member

Thanks! I heard about Project Mouse first on the capturing magic podcast, and when I figured out that I could use it with the project life app, and make a photo book while I wait on kids (having 3 that play sports, I do a lot of that!), I was hooked. I have been working on my book for my trip this past fall, and I have made 100 pages since the beginning of February. I love traditional paper scrapbooking, but I am so excited to get this book done. I love how it is looking so far!

8. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

The regular chat room is accessible through a browser on your phone, just by navigating to the site and choosing chat and then logging in. I can't vouch for speed or how difficult it is to follow the typed conversation on a phone screen . . . sometimes that chat moves FAST! LOL But you should definitely try!

As far as my Watch Cheryl Scrap sessions, those are held in an Adobe Connect Room. You should be able to follow the link in my thread and follow the same instructions for logging in through your internet browser on your phone. You can find the instructions in my post HERE.

There is also an Adobe Connect app available for Apple and Android as well. I've not used either one of those, but it might work better than just navigating through a browser. Worth a try!

Adobe Connect for Apple
    Adobe Connect for Android

disneysheryl65 and sahlink like this.
  9. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Love your Up! siggy

sahlink likes this.
  10. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Happy Fanniversary! Love this new pin siggy!

sahlink likes this.
  11. Juliestcyr

Juliestcyr Grammar nerd and proud of it

Ooh, @bellbird @corsicar, I think I'll make myself a new siggy tonight (currently sitting at work and doing the Pin it to Win it... rather than do the productive things I'm paid to do).

bellbird likes this.
  12. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i'll have to dig out some pics and dress up my avatar appropriately too...

13. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

I am new to this... SO new! I have always loved the Project Mouse supplies but since I have never digital scrapbooked, I have always just looked at the products and layouts everyone makes.

However, I just happened to show my 8 year old daughter the other night and she was in love! She sat looking at Project Mouse kits and layouts on Pinterest until I made her go to bed.

So... given she was so excited, I think it might be time to take the plunge and try this out. She has probably been to WDW close to 20 times, so we have some catching up to do.

Can anyone just recommend a starting point? Is there Project Mouse pocket templates? Even though I have not digital scrapbooked I am familiar with programs like Photoshop Elements because I design educational supplies. And I have done some traditional scrapbooking years ago.

Excited to get started.

cnscrap and kathleen like this.
  14. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

spring break here, and I'm so glad that I have the day off today! LOL. Really enjoying looking through everything - I have a lot but going through the images again and different layouts is reminding me of some of the stuff I have!!

15. kathleen

kathleen CT - Krista Sahlin

What a sweet story! And how exciting! I used to be a paper scrapper and since I've switched to digital, I've gotten sooooooo much more scrapping done. Actual albums completed. It's awesome. I recommend doing the pocket style (that's what I do) to really keep things simple and streamlined and also so you can scrap quicker! Here are some great templates:
    [​IMG]
    (click the image to get to the item).

And it's so great that you've used Photoshop Elements before. That's what I use for my digi scrapping and I just love it. I'm super psyched to see your digi scrapping journey get started! Keep us posted!

sahlink likes this.
  16. sahlink

sahlink sahlink

I'm so excited for you!! Get ready to be hooked... and more importantly, get those memories scrapped!! First of all, a good place to start is to decide on what method is going to be the best method for you. Pocket scrapbooking style, digital scrapbooking, Project Life app, Shutterfly books, etc. Project Mouse product can be used in any of these avenues, and all help to document your memories. But finding your "style" is the best place to start. After that, yes, something like pocket templates, can sure help you.

I have a FREE template on my blog each month. And I also did a template tutorial here on my blog: http://sahlinstudio.com/template-tutorial-and-freebie-template/

Here is a good basic pocket template set: https://the-lilypad.com/store/Document-Life-Templates-Set-1.html

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  17. roxanamdm

roxanamdm Me, Myself, and I

How fun and congrats for the 4 awesome years!!!

sahlink likes this.
  18. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

I'm so sad that it is already Saturday and I'm just now joining in because of busy work and life schedules. But I'm here and I am going to enjoy the heck out of these 1,5 days I still have left! :D

sahlink likes this.
  19. Serena

Serena Squishy soul poet who loves Walter Hunt

Oh my gosh, I am SO DUMB. I kept seeing all the new banners in sigs and the avatars, but I was STILL in the other page hastily hitting refresh on the other post thinking "What am I MISSING?!?!" I thought it was just something weird on my side, I just discovered this place! LOL! YAY! This is excited, I can't wait to see what you guys whip up! and GRATS on the four years!!! Here's hoping for four more!!!

sahlink likes this.
  20. Tina Dotson

Tina Dotson New Member

So exciting! So glad bundles are on sale, too! Just bought PM: World! Just joined in this afternoon as my daughter is a cheerleader and we went to state. Made it to the final four, but lost yesterday afternoon.

sahlink likes this.