Welcome to MOC Seven!!

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2019' started by mrs2a50, Dec 31, 2018.

1. chai

chai Love to make a racket!

I love this event! I'm on vacation through January 8, so I won't be able to scrap until I get back. I'm going to plan my layouts though, so I can hit it full-speed when I am at my computer again.

bestcee likes this.
  2. bestcee

bestcee Lorelei and Rory are my neighbors

Brilliant idea!

3. KairynLisa

KairynLisa Wouldn't make it as a fighter pilot

I'm so sorry, Violet! Three years ago I was in that place with my mom. This year, hubby had surgery just before Christmas, and will have to go back for a follow up sometime in the near future, not sure when... so I too, don't know what January will look like. We will just have to pull each other along! *Ü*

4. scrumptious

scrumptious Well-Known Member

Thanks so much, Jan! We're taking it day by day but it seems like she's improving at least a bit each day.

Thank you, Kairyn! I remember last year reading in the forums about people dealing with all kinds of life issues, particularly medical stuff with family members, and wondering how they could possibly fit in MOC with everything else they had going on. Now from my current perspective it feels almost vital, a way I can have a little time for myself, and a way to stay connected to a sense of community that is extra alive during this month. I hope your mom is doing well now and that your husband's health is on the upswing, too!

Christina W and IntenseMagic like this.
  5. Genniejoy

Genniejoy Well-Known Member

I finally worked out that midnight Eastern time is 3 pm here. We are almost a day ahead. It's so hard being lunch time on the 2nd Jan and having to wait another few hours for you guys to catch up! I wanna scrap now! :D (It sometimes has it's advantages, but not today!) :) Can't wait to get scrapping!

bestcee likes this.
  6. Firstoscartgrouch

Firstoscartgrouch Active Member

I was one of those last year, my older sister had just passed on Dec 23, my Mom needed to be moved from an unsafe living arrangement, and we were realizing how bad her dementia was. This year I'm overseeing care of Mom as she is in a hospital setting. MOC6 really did give me that time for me I desparately needed, I hope it works the same for you. Huge hugs.

Christina W and scrumptious like this.
  7. DigiGrace

DigiGrace Make mine a purple passion

Happy New Year and Happy MOC 7 to everyone!

8. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

So excited!! But I've been traveling so I already feel super behind. About to get started on the first challenge. The gallery is already full of gorgeousness!! Squeeaalll!

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  9. kelley

kelley Gets excited over little green things.

I'm super excited!! It has been a LONG time since I've had mojo, but I've got it back and am ready to scrap like crazy!

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  10. Psychozoe

Psychozoe Well-Known Member

Day 3...im having so much fun!

AnneofAlamo likes this.
  11. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I remember how I felt last year! I was so new and didn’t get into MOC until the 2nd week or so and was so overwhelmed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. crlin

crlin Active Member

Well now I am 5 days behind! Won't be able to start till next Tuesday which will make me 7 days behind! Can't wait to get started though!!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  13. KELLIE R GUZMAN

KELLIE R GUZMAN Active Member

I am sure if this is the right place to put this but I am looking for an experienced MOC partner. PM me if you are willing to be my wing person. Thanks in advanced.

14. KairynLisa

KairynLisa Wouldn't make it as a fighter pilot

@scrumptious - just a shout out to see how you're doing? How is your mom? I've been able to get three out of seven done so far... not too bad. I typically do two at a time, so I think I'll be able to catch up here pretty soon. Hubby is home recuperating... he will have another surgery sometime in March hopefully, but right now he is just home. My mom actually passed away later that year (2015). I found scrapping her life to be so cathartic - I did a 20 pg book and printed one for each of my siblings.