Welcome to LOVE Our Designers!!

Discussion in '2019 LOD' started by lmccandless, Feb 11, 2019.

1. nanascrapper

nanascrapper Well-Known Member

Oh me Oh my! Not sure whether the mistake was just above or whether I posted it wrong. I am really over both instagram and Pinterest today, so will look again tomorrow with hopefully fresh eyes. Thank you so much for pointing that out to me Bagheertje.:-)

Angela Toucan and Karen like this.
  2. Bagheertje

Bagheertje Well-Known Member

Pinterest does not always show a layout in the list of #TLPLOD! :cornfused

@bestcee @weaselwatchr @michelepixels @easyeyes4you @nanascrapper

When you are in the gallery and you click on the Pinterest button to upload your LO, there is a pop-up where you can choose on which board to put it and there is also a possibility to add the hashtag.
    I just noticed that when I add the hashtag at that moment, my LO shows up every time. If I add it afterwards (when it is already on Pinterest) it does not always show! Hope this helps!

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
    weaselwatchr, bestcee and cinderella like this.
  3. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

None of the suggestions above about getting my layout to show up with a hashtag search on Pinterest worked!

But I think I just solved the mystery.

I had been using the Pin button next to my layout in the TLP gallery. Just now, I decided to try uploading directly from my files into a new board I created just for this event. Immediately my layout appeared in the tlplod search. So apparently the Pinterest button in the TLP gallery is the problem.

4. Bagheertje

@michelepixels Pinterest button in the gallery works for me...
    maybe it depends on the browser? I use Google Chrome on W10...

michelepixels likes this.
  5. nanascrapper

Just after I tried using Bagheertje suggestion to pin to interest from the Gallery and then editing to put the #TLPLOD in my description and doing nothing else, I too couldn't see my pages anywhere. I use Google Chrome but still running Windows 7.
    Then I see Michelepixels suggestion to post them all to a new board. Again I tear my hair out. I really don't like the social media stuff!
    Can anyone tell me if my 4 pages are showing up? PLEASE!

6. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

I didn’t see them when comparing your gallery postings to the layouts I get on Pinterest. Is that where you wanted a check?

I learned today something similar....I couldn’t get the pin it from the gallery to save any extra comments,including the # , when doing it on my laptop but I could when doing it on my phone!

7. nanascrapper

Thank you for looking "tinkerbell1112" Yes I thought it was all too easy the way I posted on Pinterest! I give up almost. There is nothing like technology to make us seniors feel stupid. I will give this one more try on my phone, but........

tinkerbell1112 likes this.
  8. DisneyMom

DisneyMom official mousketeer

can anyone tell me if they see a LO from me on pinterest please.

9. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

It don't works for me ... my pins have all the #TLPLOD and when I want to see #TLPLOD on Pinterest ... even when I choose 'my pins' I only see two ... strange ...

10. Bagheertje

@marijke ik heb een bord gemaakt op Pinterest (My TLP Friends) en jouw LO erop gepind met de hashtag en het verschijnt in de lijst! Ik snap niet waarom het voor jou niet lukt.
    Ik klik op de Pinterestknop in de galerij en in de pop-up vul ik al de Hashtag in alvorens een bord aan te klikken waarop ik het wil pinnen en dan lukt het. Als ik eerst upload en dan pas de hashtag invul dan komt die het soms wel en soms niet in de lijst.
    Ik vind het spijtig dat je de kans misloopt om een aankoopbon te winnen, gewoon omdat Pinterest dwars ligt...
    Ik wil je andere LO's er ook op vastpinnen... ik heb naast de hashtag ook je naam erbij gezet, zodat ze wel zien dat het niet mijn LO is, maar ik weet niet of dat 'mag'.. ik weet niet of daar regels over zijn...
    EDIT: Marijke, ik heb het bord ondertussen weer weggedaan.. Julie vraagt om een link te posten naar je Pinterest bord.. dus misschien gaan ze het dan zo oplossen?

@mrs2a50 Since some people have problems tagging their LO's with #TLPLOD on Pinterest, can I pin their LO for them? I made a board 'My TLP Friends' and uploaded 1 of Marijke's LO's to test it, added the hashtag and her name so you can see it is hers and not mine, and it works, the LO shows up in the list. Am I allowed to help her? What are the rules?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  11. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

For those who are asking if your layouts are showing, can you please provide a link to your pinterest board you're posting them to?

bestcee likes this.
  12. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

if you use Instagram and your profile is closed, your photos with hashtags don' t show up on searchs anymore (my case).
    so, I'll try to use Pinterest for #TLPLOD...let's see if my pin shows on the search!

13. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

@mrs2a50 I have four out there in Pinterest currently, and none are showing up with the search of #TLPLOD.

https://www.pinterest.com/mcurtt/my-digital-art/

Also, are you showing any for me from Facebook? When I do a search for "ANY", I find a few, but none are mine. Then when I did a search for "YOU", it found four.

14. Ferdy

15. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I just did a "#TLPLOD" search on Pinterest and saw 30 LOs. Unfortunately, sometimes it takes awhile after posting a page for Pinterest (or any site) to update its search cache, if you will, which means your page may not come up in a search if you look right after posting it. It may take time.

Ferdy likes this.
  16. mcurtt

@Ferdy @Tree City My layouts have been posted to these sites, and tagged, daily. So the first one would have been posted on February 12th.

AARGH! Same as Facebook. For Pinterest, I see 31 layouts, not one of them mine using the ALL PINS search. If I drop down to look at YOUR PINS, I see 4.

Do these social media sites automatically exclude your own posts in their search?

Ferdy likes this.
  17. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

I just posted 3 of mine on Pinterest. Two of them showed up in a search for the hashtag.

Ferdy likes this.
  18. mcurtt

So what in the world am I doing wrong? The hashtag is obviously linked, as I can search on it and get expected results when I look at either my pins or my posts, but not when searching for all pins or all posts.

19. Ferdy

same here! =/

20. elaine

elaine Active Member

no designer for today?