Welcome to LOVE Our Designers!!

Discussion in '2019 LOD' started by lmccandless, Feb 11, 2019.

1. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

I will try to answer the barrage of questions that have come up today!

1. The sale is only valid for the date for that featured designer. I believe TLP runs on pacific coast time, so today's sales would be valid from midnight to midnight PST February 13. You should check in daily if you're interested in the specials.
    2. Challenges will be posted at various times due to the individual hosts time zone. We can't give any more specific of a time than that. We do strive to get them up as quickly as we can without requiring our hosts to lose out on sleep.
    3. You do not need to post your designer's page on that designer's day. You should post your page in that designer's gallery.
    4. Your page does not have to exclusively use that designer. You can mix and match. Normal gallery rules apply.
    5. If the freebie link in the newsletter isn't working you should contact that designer directly as they manage their own newsletters.

This is meant to be much more laid back than MOC, to try and help everyone keep up their scrapping momentum, AND give some special shout outs to our awesome designers!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2019
  2. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

When I search #tlplod or #TLPLOD I don't see yours. I see 10, and if I click the hashtag in your post, it shows those ones. I just added mine, and I stuck #tlplod in the description and mine came up. Now, I'm not sure if that's because I'm the one searching? I threw mine on a board called #TLPLOD in hopes it would come up. I can't find any hashtag help on Pinterest's site unfortunately. I'll try again later and see if maybe it's a time thing?

michelepixels likes this.
  3. mrs2a50

Typically, if your account is set to private, it won't show on a hashtag search unless the person searching is already following you.

bestcee likes this.
  4. bjc

bjc Trophy Wife

Angela Toucan and crlin like this.
  5. Bagheertje

Bagheertje Well-Known Member

I puy my hashtag here: (after clicking on the pencil) and your board should be public (If it is not and you want to change it, use the pencil at the top of you board...)

Pinterest2.JPG

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  6. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

can we also overlap these challenges for monthly challenges going on?

7. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Thank you for the visual.

I put the hashtag there too, and my board is public. I just checked and it still doesn't show up in search results for that hashtag. :(

8. Bagheertje

I only see 9! @bestcee You can see more LO's on Pinterst than I can :think

I just added today's LO to Pinterest, with the hashtag, and it does not show when I search for #TLPLOD (yesterday it worked, today it does not)... :(
    But when I click on the downpointing arrow (on Pinterest at the right side of the 'search' bar) I can choose to see my layouts... and then I can see them both...

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  9. nanascrapper

nanascrapper Well-Known Member

Having fun so far. Just what the doctor ordered after the thrill of MOC!
    Can you please confirm that it will only be considered as an entry into the weekly $10 voucher if your page is entered on any of the social media platforms and not if you simply post in the gallery or forum thread?
    Also is someone able to help a complete novice in Instagram as to how I should post there? Thanks.

10. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

My understanding is that we have to post on social media to be eligible for the prize.

To post on Instagram, I find my layout in the gallery on my phone. I press on it for a second until a menu pops up, giving me an option to save the image to my camera roll. Then I open Instagram and post the layout like any other picture. I hope that helps!

11. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

Just a quick correction here - I edited Julie's post. The store is on PACIFIC TIME. So the sale runs from midnight to midnight PST! :)

Karen and mrs2a50 like this.
  12. nanascrapper

Thank you for your input. I will have a try.

13. easyeyes4you

easyeyes4you Well-Known Member

I belong to FB,(hardly ever go there, and no desire to post my pages there, plus I am private), Pinterest ( Never would have thought to post there, and won't because of all the issues everyone is having... I don't need "issues" in my life) and Instagram... I DO plan to post there... will have to check and see if I am private there??? but it is more hidden from the world than FB, and I think most of my family is there...) NOT a big fan of social Media.

14. easyeyes4you

easyeyes4you Well-Known Member

Seems strange to not be posting a running tally someplace... so just the gallery and the designers challenge thread? right? and social media if desired...

15. mrs2a50

This is much different than MOC - there are no requirements other than using products from that day's designer. No one will be counting or checking pages, so you do not need to keep a running tally of you pages.

easyeyes4you and bestcee like this.
  16. nanascrapper

I'm a senior so this Instagram is really challenging me. Somehow I have managed to "Follow" The Lilypad??:crazy3As usual I have tried to work out my own way around technology such as this. So as silly and long winded as it may seem I have emailed my page to myself. Then I tap on + at bottom of Instagram page. Find my photo, now saved to my gallery, then click next and next (filters and editing are for the advanced people!) to get to the share page. Now do I only have to go to TAG and insert the # TLPLOV there and hopefully "Voila!" If so how do I know if it has been picked up by TLP? Michelepixels has heard my plea and thanks for that, but unfortunately no choice of saving image to camera roll pops up anywhere. I am using an old Samsung S3 so that might be my problem. :hairpol I will put out one last call to someone with a truck load of patience to help me and if not I might have to surrender to this Instagram or perhaps ask my 8 year old grandson to help me!

17. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

Ok so my social media of choice for scrapbooking right now is Pinterest. If I shared there,and did a search of the # and it showed up along with all the others I am ok to assume it’s right? I don’t #much. Lol

18. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

I don’t get why it’s not working for me. Such sadness.

19. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

20. Bagheertje

@nanascrapper the hashtag is #TLPLOD not #TLPLOV! the last letter of your hashtag is incorrect!

Karen likes this.